Way Cool DO Incident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crimicmar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to relate this really great experience that just happened to me. I am an adjunct at a community college and one of my colleagues just found out that I was going to med school in the fall. (AZCOM). She was congratulating me when her son said, "So you're going to be an MD." I was all prepared for my DO speech (You know the one). When suddenly and to my delight and surprise his mom goes off on the glories of being a DO. She just goes off all the way from the parking lot up the elevator to our floor explaining how and why she would choose a DO as her physician. Needlesstosay, I was pleased and wore my happy face all day.

Members don't see this ad.

Great post! All my coworkers are now educated on the difference between the two, and they love explaining it to new people who ask me about school.

gl guys, yall made a good decision. im really happy i chose DO.

opp is one of the real main differences between us and MD's (along with other treatment modalities), please embrace it. i only say that b/c there are many students who dont choose to practice opp outside the realms of the class, which is sad IMO.

keep an open mind and find an awesome M2 or someone with whom you can practice with!

Members don't see this ad :)
believe me, once you guys start really studying and get "study back" you'll be begging each other for some Kirksville Krunches and Lumbar Rolls.

congrats on your acceptances and good luck all

-J

...I enjoy hearing these stories as well! Thanks! I work at a big hospital...MDs everywhere...and while most of them give me "the look" when I tell them I chose DO, I think they honestly don't know much about OM. So, I guess we just keep spreading the joy of oseopathy.