Wayne state or LECOM?? Help me decide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wayne state or LECOM??

• Total voters

jujubee8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fortunately, I've been accepted to both Wayne state and LECOM schools of pharmacy. Unfortunately, I have no idea where I want to go.
There are pros and cons to both schools
For one, I live about 10 minutes away from Wayne State and about 3 and a half hours from LECOM.
Wayne state is a more prestigious school but it's hard to pass up the accelerated program at LECOM. Finishing a whole year earlier means not only saving money on a year of tution but also making one year extra salary.
I honestly don't know what to do and I'm hoping someone here can sway my decision one way or another :/

Members don't see this ad.

Fortunately, I've been accepted to both Wayne state and LECOM schools of pharmacy. Unfortunately, I have no idea where I want to go.
There are pros and cons to both schools
For one, I live about 10 minutes away from Wayne State and about 3 and a half hours from LECOM.
Wayne state is a more prestigious school but it's hard to pass up the accelerated program at LECOM. Finishing a whole year earlier means not only saving money on a year of tution but also making one year extra salary.
I honestly don't know what to do and I'm hoping someone here can sway my decision one way or another :/
The cheaper one.

Or not pharmacy school if that's an option.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been really unimpressed with students from accelerated programs (including LECOM), most likely because their curriculum is too rushed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been really unimpressed with students from accelerated programs (including LECOM), most likely because their curriculum is too rushed.

LECOM grads seem to be somewhat better now. At one time referred to as Lecomedy. Most of the first couple year grads were lacking quite a bit.

LECOM grads seem to be somewhat better now. At one time referred to as Lecomedy. Most of the first couple year grads were lacking quite a bit.

I don't know...I just interacted with one the other day and I beg to differ, though it could've been the student.