wayne state penn state rosalind franklin (revised poll)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

which medical school would you like to attend. Please if possible, rank them 1-3

• Total voters

Wasmush

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have been accepted to to wayne state, penn state and Rosalind franklin. please vote for your top choice as to where you would go to med school and please state why you would choose that school.
pro of wayne (clinical rotations)
pro of penn state (reputation)
pro of rosalind (exceptional match list)

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know if this is true but I heard that at Rosalind Franklin all grades for the class is on a bell-curve and that there must be 3-4% of the class that must fail. Can someone confirm or refute this please?

Members don't see this ad :)
i have been accepted to to wayne state, penn state and Rosalind franklin. please vote for your top choice as to where you would go to med school and please state why you would choose that school.
pro of penn state (reputation)
pro of rosalind (exceptional match list)
If you voted for Wayne state, why not just go to wayne state...DUHH!!

If you voted for Wayne state, why not just go to wayne state...DUHH!!

i actually didnt vote for wayne, it was just to see if the poll is working right. this is the first time i started a poll.
Penn state tuition is like 48,000
wayne state around 30
chicago is near 37

I'd take Wayne State for price.

i actually didnt vote for wayne, it was just to see if the poll is working right. this is the first time i started a poll.
Penn state tuition is like 48,000
wayne state around 30
chicago is near 37

48K for TUITION ALONE?

swweeeetbabyjeesus

Don't know if this is true but I heard that at Rosalind Franklin all grades for the class is on a bell-curve and that there must be 3-4% of the class that must fail. Can someone confirm or refute this please?

Not true.

Each class is pretty much graded differently, some are T-scored, some straight % cut-offs, some %-based but curved, etc. but there is no class that intentionally fails people. In any case, 3-4% of the class would be maybe a handful of people, and for any exam at any school, chances are for whatever reason a few people fail it no matter how you grade it.

We actually have pretty solid (and difficult) basic science education that 4th years reflect is a benefit when it comes to boards and clinical knowledge on the wards. There are some classes that are pretty average, some that are undergoing revision (that probably need it), and some that are phenomenal that make you glad you go to CMS. That rhymed.

Have you heard of some of the changes in the curriculum/rotations that are coming down the road? Not to mention the increased competition for clinical sites.

Have you heard of some of the changes in the curriculum/rotations that are coming down the road? Not to mention the increased competition for clinical sites.

what do you mean? are you talking about in regards to the rotations?

My daughter is an M1 at RFU.

The adcom has put together a class which is diverse, but very supportive and team oriented. The students also are close enough to Chicago to enjoy the famous Chicago night life (and yes I hear that there are still local pubs in North Chicago as well).

The basic science program is very rigorous, and historically has led to success on the USMLE's. There is also an impressive amount of clinical information incorporated into the basic sciences courses which increases clinical relevancy.

The Chicago area physicians I checked with (from schools other than RFU) tell me that the RFU students are well prepared for the clinical rotations. The residency lists appears to support this as well.:)