Wayne State University Wait List Thread 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

For Waitlisted candidates only: What is your current status? Please update if there are any changes.

• Rejected from Wait List

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AOK AllTheWay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow waitlist warmers. I thought I would start a thread for Wayne State's alternate list. Feel free to share with us your journey to the waitlist and beyond. It could help to state when you applied, interviewed, and were waitlisted. Stats? IS or OOS? That could also be of interest to us Students Dying of Neuroticism. And of course, if there are any other bits of interesting information you could share about WSU's waitlist, now would be your chance.
Also, the poll above. Since it helps keep all the information together, it would be splendid if everyone voted their current status on the poll. That way, we would theoretically have a clear picture of how the waitlist might be moving this year. Votes, please! And if you do graciously put your vote forward, it would be great if you remembered to change your vote whenever your waitlist status changes.
For all our sakes, I hope Wayne State's waitlist gets some good movement this year. Supposedly some people have already been accepted off the waitlist. Here's to hoping that the next lucky guy/gal will be you!
Thanks, everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

OK.
I guess I'll start by saying that I was complete in November, interviewed early February, and got waitlisted today (2/25/16). I am from OOS.

I interviewed in November and have been on the waitlist since December. Canadian :D

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 2/22/16. waitlisted on 2/25/16. That was way to fast lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete in November, interviewed in mid January, and waitlisted today... IS.

interviewed in December, waitlisted in December, and accepted in January.

(edit) I am OOS technically but have lived for the last 4 years in Michigan for undergrad and grad school.

interviewed in December, waitlisted in December, and accepted in January.

(edit) I am OOS technically but have lived for the last 4 years in Michigan for undergrad and grad school.
So there is hope of getting off the wait list

Completed: Early secondary september. Interviewed: 1st December. Waitlisted: 25 Dec. Canadian OOS applicant.

Yes! that's what I came here to point out. you guys hang in there, I know first hand waitlists aren't fun.
When do people get pulled off the waitlist, during committee meetings or decision days (I think there is only one left)?

No one can beat me. I submitted in early Aug. Interviewed mid-Oct. Was told I would get my decision during the Oct decision date, but on that day I got an email telling me it got delayed to the Nov decision date. So there was a month and half where I was left in complete limbo. Nov date comes along, and I got put onto the waitlist. Since then: Dec date: no change, Jan date: no change, Feb: no change. I've literally got 4 emails from Wayne State telling me I'm not good enough to get in :(

No one can beat me. I submitted in early Aug. Interviewed mid-Oct. Was told I would get my decision during the Oct decision date, but on that day I got an email telling me it got delayed to the Nov decision date. So there was a month and half where I was left in complete limbo. Nov date comes along, and I got put onto the waitlist. Since then: Dec date: no change, Jan date: no change, Feb: no change. I've literally got 4 emails from Wayne State telling me I'm not good enough to get in :(
That's rough. I can't imagine that (yet). Hopefully, next month brings good news and they were just keeping your seat warm for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed early Sept, received 'no change' every month up until March when they finally waitlisted me. And now I'm in off the WL!

Moral is, they may send you an email every month, but that just means you're still in the game!

Yay~
Accepted off of the waitlist today.
My first acceptance!
To the rest of you:
BEST OF LUCK

Reactions: 4 users
Is there anyway to tell what number you are on the waitlist

Did they call or email you?
They emailed me. I will apparently receive an official letter in the mail soon.

Is there anyway to tell what number you are on the waitlist
I think the waitlist was unranked? I don't know. Email the admissions office, and they'll probably tell you whether that's possible to find out or not.

Either way, I hope you get some good news!

Anybody hear anything?? Is there any movement on the wait list.

I haven't heard anything this week so far. I wonder if there will be movement on Friday or next Monday, given that those who were accepted might have a 2 week deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I haven't heard anything this week so far. I wonder if there will be movement on Friday or next Monday, given that those who were accepted might have a 2 week deadline.

I hope so.. this waiting is killing me lol.

Got accepted from the waitlist, but am declining the offer. It was a tough choice but I really hope it goes to one of you on here! I wish you all the best in medical school :)

Got accepted from the waitlist, but am declining the offer. It was a tough choice but I really hope it goes to one of you on here! I wish you all the best in medical school :)
You too! When were you accepted? Did you have a decision deadline?

You too! When were you accepted? Did you have a decision deadline?

Thanks! I was accepted on Monday, 5/2. I first got the e-mail which didn't have a decision deadline on it, but the packet I received gave me 3 weeks I believe. Good luck! (ps. I love The Mindy Project!)

Thanks! I was accepted on Monday, 5/2. I first got the e-mail which didn't have a decision deadline on it, but the packet I received gave me 3 weeks I believe. Good luck! (ps. I love The Mindy Project!)
Love me, Wayne....Please!!!!

Did a lot of people get accepted yesterday?

Hmm....more next week or was that it for this round?

I'd called yesterday morning.. they told me next weekend.. then people got accepted that afternoon..so who knows when the next acceptances are lol

I'd called yesterday morning.. they told me next weekend.. then people got accepted that afternoon..so who knows when the next acceptances are lol

I was just told they are sending out rejection notices as well.

I was somewhat hopeful until I was told that. I didn't even know they sent those out anymore!

Did they say if there would be any additional offers? I guess I've been rejected

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

They are not done with offers and will review the waitlist again in June. So, if we don't get rejection notices now, we are still in the running.

Well.. all hope is lost.. time to start 2017 cycle.

Not yet. If you don't get a rejection now, you are still "safe" for about 3 weeks I guess. Then, I think another round of this goes on.

Is the rejection today or this week.. cause I feel like that's coming than the acceptance.

Is the rejection today or this week.. cause I feel like that's coming than the acceptance.

I'm not sure if they sent them out yet but they decided on the rejections. Not sure on the method either, email or snail mail.

Ugh this wait is literally hell! They're being shady as to when/if they're sending out acceptances :( Has anyone been rejected?

Another round of decisions being made next week, so I have been told.