Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lorioj - again thank you! I've been reading everything from their site that I could and at least found a map to the campus so I won't be wandering around trying to figure out where to go.

pharm210 - don't feel dismayed, I called Michael because I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever hear from them and he told me that they will defiantly WILL notify you if they are not interested and won't leave you just sitting there for an eternity. One way or another someone will let you know. Besides that he wouldn't give me any information even though he was looking at my file and saw that he sent me my invite earlier that day (I was in class and hadn't been able to check my mail yet) and he could have just told me right then. But...I guess they hold things pretty close to the chest.

There's still a whole month left of interviewing so don't get too down. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many people they are interviewing this year? How many over does WSU accept?

Last edited:
xshooshix-did your friend with the 56 PCAT get accepted? I have a low PCAT too (70) :thumbdown: and a 3.87 overall G.P.A.

Members don't see this ad :)
xshooshix-did your friend with the 56 PCAT get accepted? I have a low PCAT too (70) :thumbdown: and a 3.87 overall G.P.A.
I had a 70 last year and I ultimately didn't get into Wayne... my friend with a 56 didn't get in either. I'm surprised they still interviewed me with a 62.

My friend got in last year and actually got a lower PCAT score than Wayne posts they will admit (she wouldn't say by how much) but she had a high GPA 3.92 and two years of work experience in a pharmacy as well as awesome references from professors and pharmacists about her great work ethic. Luckily they look at more than just your PCAT score.

Did anybody apply to U of M?

i just got an interview at wayne state for the 29th which is tomorrow. haha since it was that close i had to reschedule with them... hopefully they'll have room to fit me in somewhere

They just sent it to you today? Wow that's pretty disorganized of them.

My friend got in last year and actually got a lower PCAT score than Wayne posts they will admit (she wouldn't say by how much) but she had a high GPA 3.92 and two years of work experience in a pharmacy as well as awesome references from professors and pharmacists about her great work ethic. Luckily they look at more than just your PCAT score.

wow she must be so lucky

I went o my interview tonight and everyone was bitching about the late notice. Apparently everyone was given 2-3 days heads up and they didn't even put my resume in my folder when I interviewed. I was so pissed at how disorganized the event was. At least the students were very informative and pleasant.

To those that are still waiting for an interview, there is still one day in February and one possibly in March - the president of the P2 class told me that this may/may not be canceled depending on how many people they get to fill up the February slot. Also he told me that they have interviewed far less people this year than in previous years because of the economy/increase in prereqs. He guessed that they may have interviewed only about 90 people so far and since class sizes are usually about 100 that's very good news for the people this year because we have a better chance of getting in. I hope he's right!:D

I was accepted today. So I will decline the remainder of my interviews.

ifan02

when did you interview? I interviewed on the first day in Jan, and have yet to hear from them. :( (my interview didn't go so well) Are you instate or out of state?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance email today as well!!

Good Times!

ifan02

when did you interview? I interviewed on the first day in Jan, and have yet to hear from them. :( (my interview didn't go so well) Are you instate or out of state?

I interviewed on 1/23 and I am in state. Don't get discouraged, they continue to accept students through April. All of the students who get accepted will not attend, many are hoping to getting into U of M. Although I have an interview schedule with U of M, I am decline b/c Wayne State was my first choice.

Congrats to the two of you that did get in!

Baller4 why do you think your interview didn't go so well? It's probably not as bad as you think. Mine wasn't so wonderful either. My throat dried up because I was so nervous the first 5-8 min. I didn't start loosening up until the end. On top of that, one of my interviewers sounded like he was dying - he was coughing up a lung most of the interview and it really threw me off. Ah well, all we can do is hope for the best.

I still have not heard from them... and i think they are done with interviews :(

That's odd, because you should have gotten a response awhile ago. What are your PCAT scores? If they are on the high end, then you shouldn't worry, but I would still call. If they are on the lower end, it wouldn't make sense because my friend last year interviewed with a 56 PCAT, but decent GPA and work experience. Then again, he was a Wayne State student, so he may have gotten preference...

Either way, I would contact Michael tomorrow if I were you.

i have a 60 PCAT, but only b/c my verbal was beyond low... my GPA is about a 3.5 and i've got two years work experience and what i would say were amazing letters of reference.. The only notice i've received was that they had all my info, so i really don't know what i should email him saying, "hey am i getting an interview or what?"... Hah i guess i just have to wait it out!

I still have not heard from them... and i think they are done with interviews :(

I know for a fact that they are NOT done with interviews because I asked while I was there for my interview. There is still on in Feb and possibly one in March if they don't have enough spots filled. Don't give up hope, just call Michael on monday and ask if you are on the list to be notified.

i donno if anyone cares for the update but i had to bite the bullet and put down the $1000 deposit last week to keep my spot. i kinda wish i'd found out a bit later instead of having to decide rite away but i'm glad i got in. i still kept my interviews at a couple of really good schools but declined most of the others. u of m interview is in 2 weeks but i'm kinda keeping wayne my top option now.

ifan02 - you're smart to decline other interviews and save some time and money, especially outta state schools, but just quick question, any reason for declining u of m interview?

i donno if anyone cares for the update but i had to bite the bullet and put down the $1000 deposit last week to keep my spot. i kinda wish i'd found out a bit later instead of having to decide rite away but i'm glad i got in. i still kept my interviews at a couple of really good schools but declined most of the others. u of m interview is in 2 weeks but i'm kinda keeping wayne my top option now.

ifan02 - you're smart to decline other interviews and save some time and money, especially outta state schools, but just quick question, any reason for declining u of m interview?

Wayne State is more practical for me. I have small children and there are more pharmacy jobs (while in school) in the metro Detroit area.

I got my acceptance e-mail yesterday :)

Best of luck to those that are still waiting.

i have still yet to hear from wayne state. my interview was on the very first day! is it safe to say i have been rejected. should i call and inquire? and if so, who should i call? or is it best to just continue to wait it out..

i am out of state...

:confused:

I received my acceptance e-mail yesterday. The $1000 deposit is a little high in my opinion. WSU is my second choice and I have to wait a little while more to hear from my first school choice, so I am a little conflicted at the moment.

I am an out-of-state applicant to WSU and I am wondering about my living arrangements should I decide to attend. I would greatly appreciate it if someone from Detroit would offer me some advice as to where I can find a place to stay while in school. Thanks.

Solydus - the $1000 is really high and having only 2 weeks to decide really sucks because I'm didn't even get responses from other schools until this past week but i guess theres not much to do about that.

living in detroit is not too bad, lots of cheaper apartments to be found and if you're smart about your surroundings you should be pretty safe (detroit is not that bad but things do happen and there are risks in this city)
i lived at Univerisity Towers and thats where a lotta kids end up living because its safe, well priced, clean and really a good location on campus (cass ave). new studio one apartments are poorly designed but they're brand new and right by UT. wayne housing can also prolly help u find something too.

I received my acceptance e-mail yesterday. The $1000 deposit is a little high in my opinion. WSU is my second choice and I have to wait a little while more to hear from my first school choice, so I am a little conflicted at the moment.

I am an out-of-state applicant to WSU and I am wondering about my living arrangements should I decide to attend. I would greatly appreciate it if someone from Detroit would offer me some advice as to where I can find a place to stay while in school. Thanks.
I live on Hancock and second... still quite a walk from the school. I've been told by my interviewers that it would be a must to get a car while in school.

My friend who is a P1 lives at the University Towers, but I still think it is quite a walk. Personally, as a woman, I would not walk that far of a distance from school. Anyone who is a Wayne State student gets campuswatch e-mails if there are any incidents of assult or robberies. I blame the current state of the economy right now, and we had A LOT of stuff happen around campus, especially in the Cass area. There was another incidence that happened a block from my apartment that happened 10 minutes earlier from the time I left to go to class. It's gotten really crazy last semester, so you just have to be really smart when it comes to walking home and going to class.

-Solydus

If you have a car, my suggestion is to move around the Chene and Lafayette area. There are a lot of nice apartments and condos in the area that are mixed with students, working people and seniors. The area is well maintained and safe and it is only 1 freeway exit away from the Pharm school. You may be able to rent a nice condo downtown for cheap right now b/c many people have had to leave the area to find work. Look at rent.com and call apartment finders to see if they can help. Don't believe all of the negativity about Detroit, it has some of the nicest people that you will ever meet. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Do you guys know who I can call to ask about my application? I have not heard anything other than they received my application back in September. I called their main number but they didn’t give me any information about my application :(:(.

I got my acceptance email today! I interviewed two days ago, and the result came out so quick. I'm at IND airport right now to fly to Atlanta since I'm having an interview tommorrow at Mercer. Knowing that I have my spot at Wayne State, I would be less stressed about tommorrow's interview for sure.

Just a quick tip to everyone. Make sure to check your junk boxes. I just checked mine and found an acceptance waiting there. Now I just have to decide which school to attend.

I interviewed Feb 10th and haven't heard anything yet... Anyone else interview that date?! Ahh... I waited months for an interview... Will they really make me wait months for some kind of a letter?! Also, does anyone know if they are still interviewing?

Is WSU still sending out interview invitations?

Speaking of disorganized I got a rejection letter today...AFTER I received my acceptance letter and after sending the $1000 deposit. WTF??? Michael was out of the office when I called but his secretary thinks that he made a boo boo when he was sending out rejection letters. Apparently there's one big list and he was supposed to send it to someone right above or below me on the list. Nearly gave me a heart attack !

Yes they are still sending out letters. They may even extend it even longer this year since they are low on applicants.

Speaking of disorganized I got a rejection letter today...AFTER I received my acceptance letter and after sending the $1000 deposit. WTF??? Michael was out of the office when I called but his secretary thinks that he made a boo boo when he was sending out rejection letters. Apparently there's one big list and he was supposed to send it to someone right above or below me on the list. Nearly gave me a heart attack !

Yes they are still sending out letters. They may even extend it even longer this year since they are low on applicants.

What the heck!? That's insane!!!!!! Was it an email or an actual letter? Hmmm... I wonder when/if I'll hear from them any time soon...

I got an official acceptance letter 2 weeks ago, but the rejection was an email. I'm still not exactly sure what's going on but Michael is supposed to call me when he gets in tomorrow morning.

I haven't heard anything from Wayne State yet. Friends of mine have gotten acceptance and rejection letters. Does anyone know if all seats are filled up?

All spots cannot be filled up yet since they are still having interviews on March 9th

All spots cannot be filled up yet since they are still having interviews on March 9th

So then when will the bulk of acceptance/rejection letters come out? Andddd is no news at this point good or bad?!

I know that they've been sending out rejection letters, like a whole lot. I haven't heard a peep yet either. I just got that email saying they received my application. I dont know....

I know that they've been sending out rejection letters, like a whole lot. I haven't heard a peep yet either. I just got that email saying they received my application. I dont know....

I just recently interviewed on the 10th, but it took them about 4 months to send me an invitation.... Now i'm concerned!

I believe the bulk of letters (rejection/acceptance) will be sent out by the end of March after all interviews have been conducted, so it is likely you will hear by then.

I believe the bulk of letters (rejection/acceptance) will be sent out by the end of March after all interviews have been conducted, so it is likely you will hear by then.

why do I feel like this wait is F O R E V E R!!!!!!

So I'll assume it's an actual letter and not an email then?
And would just a regular size envelope mean bad news....

The acceptance letter I got in the mail was a regular sized envelope, so the only way to know the contents of the letter is to open it up and see for yourself. :)

They send you rejection/acceptance through e-mail and then one week later you get the actual letter. I think you only get a letter if you are accepted however, though I'm not positive.

Checking the mail everyday is getting prettyyyy old...

hey,

for all of you that got accepted at Wayne: Congrats!
As incoming P1 students, there will be a welcoming ice cream social to ease everyone in for the incoming fall semester sometime during the spring or summer (we haven't decided on a day) before matriculating. So that's something to look forward to before school starts :)

Btw, the very last interviews for candidates were held this week so the final decision will probably happen soon and everyone will hear from the school, so good luck!

Ahhhhh!! I just want to know now.....

OMG. I got an email from Michael saying I got in!! OOOMMMMGGG :eek::eek::eek::eek: