Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jon Davis said:I got in today. 😀
Congratulations! I'm also curious about when you interviewed, if you don't mind me asking.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Jon Davis said:I got in today. 😀
Congrats on the integrity of the process working for you.Jon Davis said:I have no clue. You have to call about that.
I havent started on my new AMCAS for this cycle. Should I start it up or wait till end of July?
I feel that this whole process is just one big lottery.I think someone earlier mentioned that as well. I have absolutely no faith in the integrity of this process whatsoever.
Jon Davis said:Cummulative GPA: 3.86
Science GPA: 3.93
MCAT (cummulative of 2): 31R
BSc Chemistry w/ Honors
Submitted apps late Oct. (Aug MCAT)
Interviewed in Early March.
.edu-MD said:There's really no need to be clueless. Realize that numbers only tell a small part of the story. I'm not sure if Wayne treats multiple MCATs in a cumulative manner, as was listed.
Also, I believe JD is OOS (Canadian), judging by the degree. That, plus a late app and interview is a large disadvantage in my opinion. Consider that between the MedStart kids, early decision, and Oct-Nov interviews/acceptances, I wouldn't be surprised if 75-100 spots had already been offered before JD even received the secondary!
So, kudos to JD for beating the odds!

elhalish said:Anyone else get off the waitlist lately?
MissCutie said:Not me. I'm feeling a little hopeless. 🙁
HamburgerHelper said:I've heard nothing and I've also lost any hope. I am assuming I won't get in. So, I'm getting ready to apply again in the next week or so. 🙁
miam042 said:Anyone have any news on the waitlist?
Anyone get in yet?
MissCutie said:just thought id post here that a friend got in off the waitlist july 8th. kind of a delayed post, i know, but it's news. good luck everyone. im still keeping my fingers crossed, i guess, but things are looking pretty doubtful.
miam042 said:Anyone have any news on the waitlist?
Anyone get in yet?
You are a wicked, wicked person for posting this in a waitlist thread! 😛NERDY said:Hey Everyone. I hope you are having a good summer. I am looking for a female student/resident to share my apartment (Belcrest Apartments on Cass Ave). Apartment is within walking distance to the WSU recreation center, DPL, DIA, Starbucks, WSU libraries, and WSU-SOM/DMC. In addition, apartment is near WSU shuttle stops for easy access to campus and bus stops. Please PM me for details. Thank you! Good luck!
SailCrazy said:You are a wicked, wicked person for posting this in a waitlist thread! 😛
I was just going to point you toward your class thread, but I just checked it out and see that you've already posted there...
In that case I rescind my joking tone. Maybe you really are a bad, bad person. 🙁
MissCutie said:I just called Wayne State to get a sense of waitlist movement. Basically, they said that movement has been very slow over the summer, which we knew already. I also told them of my plans to matriculate into an M.A. in Medical Science program and asked if they thought I should finalize my plans. The woman (Dawn Street, I think) asked for my name, looked me up, and said it was safe to say that I would not gain admission this year. Kind of expected to see this happen, but I figured I'd let you guys know, just in case you're debating whether or not you should call. She might give you some insight about where you stand. Good luck! 🙂
I suppose we didn't really mean to say that you were mean, more that you were rather insensitive... 😀NERDY said:Hi. I am not trying to be mean. I am just looking for a roommate, so if anyone got off the wait list (or is already a WSU student) and wants a place to live, let me know. good luck to everyone!

HamburgerHelper said:That sucks. However, at least she was direct, which is not what Wayne State has been this past cycle. I'm going to call and see what happens...
MissCutie said:While all hope was dashed, I really dont want to be optimistic for no reason. I'd rather just know, and I definitely appreciated her honest answer. I hope you have better luck. She did mention that they really would only take 1 or 2 people max now, since they are starting in two weeks. We probably could have guessed that on our own though. Bah.

thes_hunter said:I'm sorry. *snugs* *hugs* 😍![]()
Now, you are making me want to call to get some final closure. Though it kinda is like pandora's box.![]()
elhalish said:Any rejections sent out yet, any more acceptances?
HamburgerHelper said:I haven't received a rejection yet, but this is basically the last week. I've heard nothing from them so I'm assuming I'll get it sometime next week.
Blah, I had so much hope with Wayne in the beginning...
HamburgerHelper said:I haven't received a rejection yet, but this is basically the last week. I've heard nothing from them so I'm assuming I'll get it sometime next week.
Blah, I had so much hope with Wayne in the beginning...
bet22 said:Sadly, when I was waitlisted a few years ago at Wayne I didnt even receive the rejection letter until after classes had started. I felt like writing them a letter back that said "No ****"
Although if it helps at all I know someone who got off the waitlist one day before classes began! Good luck..
etf said:hey, who do you speak with to schedule that interview with the dean - i mean it gave a phone number on the rejection letter, but whose number is that? and what do you say - just "i'd like to talk to the dean about how to improve my app?"
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.