Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Ways to Adapt

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by ckraymond, Apr 29, 2004.

1. ckraymond

ckraymond New Member

Hey, I have just decided recently that I am gonig to quit my job when I am able (in two years) go back to school for two to three, and then go to medical school for four years. All of this for the privlidge of a huge amount of debt and working non-stop. And I could be more excited about the process.

:clap:

I was wondering what methods everyone has been using to get through this keeping their humor and motivation in tact. One things I have started is a binder full of resources and notes that I find on the internet. That way I have a book full of resources and articles that I can learn from and if I get frustrated I can get some motivation from.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LilyMD

LilyMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi CK, I personally look to a lot of these forums to keep my sanity. Sounds a little loser-ish relying on people you don't even know. But most people can't relat to the great idea of quitting your job to go be in debt and study non-stop for the next 10 odd years...it's easy to feel alone and somewhat mentally instable throughout the process. I, myself, am leaving law to pursue to rack more student debt and be the eternal student. I absolutely depend on sites like this one, for example, www.oldpremeds.org, is awesome. I don't know how "old" you are but since you intend to work for a few more years before starting to study means that you'll be non-traditional and that's the OPM's site is full of non-trads. Really, this is your life and only you can live it, but it doesn't help to make friends along the way. :luck: