-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2026-2027 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)
Started by DoctorKe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
icecreambunny55
New Member
Was wondering this as well!Hey guys! Has anyone who applied on 4/10 or later gotten/ heard anything back?
janinu_zozo
Full Member
Hey guys! Has anyone who applied on 4/10 or later gotten/ heard anything back?
Was wondering this as well!
For an interview invite you guys just got a update on the portal and an email? BTW has anyone gotten one in May so far?
I applied 4/13 and received an II on 5/1.
boomshaakaalaakaa
Full Member
any acceptances this week?
jakessj6
Full Member
Nothing here yetany acceptances this week?
lolzeverday1
New Member
Does anyone know if application updates are allowed? Via portal or email?
I don't think so. I also wondered this when waiting to hear back, asked my friend who is current DPMS and they said no.Does anyone know if application updates are allowed? Via portal or email?
eyezonthesparrow
New Member
Current DPMS student here, matriculating into DUCOM this fall. DPMS does not have a 100% matriculation rate. I know it has reached as high as 95% in previous years (that cohort is currently M3s). Last year’s matriculation rate was around 60%, and this year will likely be comparable.At the open house, Drexel mentioned that the most recent DPMS class had a 100% matriculation rate into DUCOM, which was reassuring to hear. I'd love to hear more perspectives from anyone in the current cohort. I applied in early April and got an II on 4/15.
The DUCOM residency match rate was 100% after SOAP.
The increased GPA requirement likely played a role in the lower matriculation rates. At the end of the day, everyone’s experience in DPMS is different, so take individual stories with a grain of salt because only you can decide whether the program is right for you. It’s expensive, and not a decision that should be made lightly.
However, if you applied through the regular cycle unsuccessfully, or you’re coming straight out of undergrad and are highly motivated, DPMS can absolutely be a great pathway into medical school.
That being said, once you receive your conditional acceptance, you are constantly working to keep your seat. There is ongoing pressure to maintain the required GPA and achieve the MCAT score needed to matriculate.
Now being on the other side of it, I can honestly say this was both the hardest and most rewarding year of my life. I’d also be lying if I said everyone in the class was completely happy with the structure of the program.
Personally, I approached the year with the mindset of accepting everything the program demanded because my only focus was getting through and matriculating. I didn’t like every professor or course but I also did not let it affect my performance or effort put forth. That mindset served me well, and I can confidently say that if you fully commit yourself to the process, you absolutely can succeed.
D
deleted615260
thanks for the write up and congrats on everything!I’d also be lying if I said everyone in the class was completely happy with the structure of the program
what part of the structure did people have issues with?
eyezonthesparrow
New Member
You’re welcome. I don’t want to speak for my classmates because going through this program, whether or not you matriculate, is a deeply personal experience.thanks for the write up and congrats on everything!
what part of the structure did people have issues with?
I will say that my best advice for getting through the program is to come in with a collaborative mindset and understand that your classmates are your greatest resource, not your competition.
Everyone has a seat waiting for them, and I genuinely believe our class was stronger together. Every time we came together about an issue, it ultimately worked in our favor.
During the summer session, you’ll get exposure to the volume and pace of material you’ll be expected to manage in the fall. I would use that time to experiment with and develop multiple study strategies. You’ll also have DPMS TAs and other support systems available to help you through that process, so you won’t be alone.
Never be afraid to pivot if something isn’t working, and be transparent when you need help. That mindset will serve you well in this program because it is incredibly rigorous. There are people willing to help, but speaking up early and being vulnerable enough to ask for support is imperative.
jakessj6
Full Member
Thank youYou’re welcome. I don’t want to speak for my classmates because going through this program, whether or not you matriculate, is a deeply personal experience.
I will say that my best advice for getting through the program is to come in with a collaborative mindset and understand that your classmates are your greatest resource, not your competition.
Everyone has a seat waiting for them, and I genuinely believe our class was stronger together. Every time we came together about an issue, it ultimately worked in our favor.
During the summer session, you’ll get exposure to the volume and pace of material you’ll be expected to manage in the fall. I would use that time to experiment with and develop multiple study strategies. You’ll also have DPMS TAs and other support systems available to help you through that process, so you won’t be alone.
Never be afraid to pivot if something isn’t working, and be transparent when you need help. That mindset will serve you well in this program because it is incredibly rigorous. There are people willing to help, but speaking up early and being vulnerable enough to ask for support is imperative.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for sharing this. This is incredibly helpful! Would you be willing to share some of the specific study strategies you tried, or saw your classmates try, that worked well versus ones that did not? I’m trying to start building a list of approaches to test out during the program.You’re welcome. I don’t want to speak for my classmates because going through this program, whether or not you matriculate, is a deeply personal experience.
I will say that my best advice for getting through the program is to come in with a collaborative mindset and understand that your classmates are your greatest resource, not your competition.
Everyone has a seat waiting for them, and I genuinely believe our class was stronger together. Every time we came together about an issue, it ultimately worked in our favor.
During the summer session, you’ll get exposure to the volume and pace of material you’ll be expected to manage in the fall. I would use that time to experiment with and develop multiple study strategies. You’ll also have DPMS TAs and other support systems available to help you through that process, so you won’t be alone.
Never be afraid to pivot if something isn’t working, and be transparent when you need help. That mindset will serve you well in this program because it is incredibly rigorous. There are people willing to help, but speaking up early and being vulnerable enough to ask for support is imperative.
Keeping my hopes high for all of us! Hopefully, the new wave of acceptances comes out soonWell guys I assume nothing today. See yall tomorrow if nothing tomorrow see yall next week.
eyezonthesparrow
New Member
There are so many. Some classmates utilized concept mapping, Anki, whiteboarding, YouTube videos, or third-party resources to gain additional perspectives. Others leaned more into active reading, asking questions and piecing the material together as they went.Thank you so much for sharing this. This is incredibly helpful! Would you be willing to share some of the specific study strategies you tried, or saw your classmates try, that worked well versus ones that did not? I’m trying to start building a list of approaches to test out during the program.
Practice questions are liquid gold, and there will be plenty of them. Most people end up using a combination of strategies that changes depending on the course and their personal learning style.
In general, the more quality passes you can get through the material, the better your understanding and retention will be.
luna00400
New Member
So far there has only been 1 wave of acceptances?Keeping my hopes high for all of us! Hopefully, the new wave of acceptances comes out soon
Anyone hear back from early ii in March?
I opened the app in Jan. Submitted everything the week of and got an interview invite for 5/6. They are still interviewing until the end of May!Hey guys! Has anyone who applied on 4/10 or later gotten/ heard anything back?
lolzeverday1
New Member
II just received (5/8). Application complete 4/10.
premed2341
New Member
For the people who received an II, did you get an email when they were reviewing your application, as they stated in the initial emails?
lolzeverday1
New Member
NoFor the people who received an II, did you get an email when they were reviewing your application, as they stated in the initial emails?
jakessj6
Full Member
Might not be this week lol the MD commencement is this week just got a notification from LinkedIn. So they might be focused on that.Still nothing yet 🙁
Dr.Shamz
Full Member
damn 🙁Might not be this week lol the MD commencement is this week just got a notification from LinkedIn. So they might be focused on that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I was accepted into DPMS & I had some questions that haven’t been answered yet and was hoping yall could help since the program starts in a month. I’ve contacted the program directly many times but not really getting many answers. Also Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and the best of luck to anyone doing interviews or waiting to hear back!!
Does anyone know the day the summer semester ends? The calendar doesn’t say. Do you register for your summer courses and if so, when can we do that? Lastly, is anyone doing the student housing or looking elsewhere for the summer? It’s almost $4k which doesn’t make much sense to me since it’s only 6 weeks…so I’m looking into other housing options.
And if anyone did Track 1, how did you balance school and MCAT? I’d love to hear about your experiences.
If anyone is currently in the program, has completed it, or is also starting this year, I’d really appreciate any advice or insight. Thank you so much!
Does anyone know the day the summer semester ends? The calendar doesn’t say. Do you register for your summer courses and if so, when can we do that? Lastly, is anyone doing the student housing or looking elsewhere for the summer? It’s almost $4k which doesn’t make much sense to me since it’s only 6 weeks…so I’m looking into other housing options.
And if anyone did Track 1, how did you balance school and MCAT? I’d love to hear about your experiences.
If anyone is currently in the program, has completed it, or is also starting this year, I’d really appreciate any advice or insight. Thank you so much!
icecreambunny55
New Member
I would like to say they are still sending invites!Do we think they’re done sending interview invites?
Hey, fellow incoming DPMS, from the info session I wrote down that summer semester is June 29th through August 12th, with additional orientation aug 13-14th (graduate orientation), they will register us for summer classes so we are not responsible for that, also I asked in the session if we already lived in Philly, can we stay there/not be charged for the summer accommodations, from the answer provided, they will still be charging regardless if you stay or not, so I don't think there is a way of getting money off but I am definitely going to look to see if there are options to get that money off, because that does not make the most sense to me (paying my rent in addition to also paying for housing im not living in). Someone also linked a group me in a message here somewhere so I would join that.Hey everyone! I was accepted into DPMS & I had some questions that haven’t been answered yet and was hoping yall could help since the program starts in a month. I’ve contacted the program directly many times but not really getting many answers. Also Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and the best of luck to anyone doing interviews or waiting to hear back!!
Does anyone know the day the summer semester ends? The calendar doesn’t say. Do you register for your summer courses and if so, when can we do that? Lastly, is anyone doing the student housing or looking elsewhere for the summer? It’s almost $4k which doesn’t make much sense to me since it’s only 6 weeks…so I’m looking into other housing options.
And if anyone did Track 1, how did you balance school and MCAT? I’d love to hear about your experiences.
If anyone is currently in the program, has completed it, or is also starting this year, I’d really appreciate any advice or insight. Thank you so much!
This was so helpful. Thank you so much! I hope they’re able to accommodate you about the housing tho, paying double rent is crazy!Hey, fellow incoming DPMS, from the info session I wrote down that summer semester is June 29th through August 12th, with additional orientation aug 13-14th (graduate orientation), they will register us for summer classes so we are not responsible for that, also I asked in the session if we already lived in Philly, can we stay there/not be charged for the summer accommodations, from the answer provided, they will still be charging regardless if you stay or not, so I don't think there is a way of getting money off but I am definitely going to look to see if there are options to get that money off, because that does not make the most sense to me (paying my rent in addition to also paying for housing im not living in). Someone also linked a group me in a message here somewhere so I would join that.
I also found this Academic Calendar that includes DPMS dates on itThis was so helpful. Thank you so much! I hope they’re able to accommodate you about the housing tho, paying double rent is crazy!
Will respond to this point specifically as someone who was Track 1 DPMS and is now wrapping up M1. The coursework particularly biochem, physiology, and microanatomy were basically my MCAT prep for the science sections so I didn't need to really dedicate much time to those areas. As part of track 1 you will be enrolled in an MCAT prep course (it was Princeton Review in my year I don't know if that's changed or will change) to help with learning test strategies where you'll have a dedicated time slot for it each week. The course itself was somewhat helpful for CARs and not much else in my experience. Personally, I found it manageable to dedicate a few hours in the week to working on MCAT stuff and did well enough to meet the requirements to matriculate. The bulk of MCAT prep I did leave for winter break to focus on meeting the GPA requirements for the program, which was something a lot of people in my year resorted to as well. Specific tips you'll get more than enough from your TAs and upperclassmen when the program starts so I wouldn't worry too much right now about going in with any set strategies so early.And if anyone did Track 1, how did you balance school and MCAT? I’d love to hear about your experiences.
If anyone is currently in the program, has completed it, or is also starting this year, I’d really appreciate any advice or insight. Thank you so much!
Congrats on getting accepted and good luck. If there's anything else you'd like to know about feel free to DM me.
I have a good feeling we should be hearing back either early next week or early the following week. Still praying and staying hopeful! Hope y'all have a great weekendNothing this week 😪. See you guys again next week lol.
jakessj6
Full Member
Yea I'm thinking early next week too. Hopefully!I have a good feeling we should be hearing back either early next week or early the following week. Still praying and staying hopeful! Hope y'all have a great weekend
luna00400
New Member
So far we know of 1 wave of acceptances?Yea I'm thinking early next week too. Hopefully!
jakessj6
Full Member
I think so.So far we know of 1 wave of acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Studentdoctor45
New Member
As a current graduate of the DPMS program, I would strongly encourage prospective students to carefully evaluate whether this program is the best path for them. Personally I would not recommend this program to anyone. In my personal experience, the program did not meet the expectations that were presented at the beginning of the year, and I believe there are alternative routes that may provide students with a stronger return on both their time and financial investment.
For students on Track One specifically, my honest recommendation would be to seriously consider dedicating a full year toward focused MCAT preparation and strengthening other aspects of your application rather than relying solely on this pathway. Based on this year’s outcomes, a significant number of students have had to undergo the appeal process in order to continue toward matriculation, and it appears the overall matriculation rate may be substantially lower than last years cohort.
While it is certainly possible to succeed within the program, I believe students should understand that the process can be extremely difficult and, at times, unpredictable. Even among students who are successfully matriculating, many have expressed that, if given the opportunity to make the decision again, they would likely pursue a different route.
One of my greatest concerns is that the program is marketed heavily toward students who have faced personal, educational, or socioeconomic disadvantages. While I appreciate the mission behind supporting these students, I personally felt that the program did not consistently provide the level of mentorship, structure, and academic support necessary to help many students truly succeed.
Additionally, the program feels very removed from the medical school itself. There is little to no overlap between the DPMS administration and the administration of the medical school. As a result, students should not assume that, if they are on the verge of not meeting contract requirements, they will be able to communicate directly with the medical school administration for support or advocacy. In my experience, the medical school administration and the DPMS administration function as entirely separate entities, with very limited communication or collaboration between them.
Additionally, my experience with portions of the faculty and administration was disappointing. Communication was often inconsistent, accessibility to faculty support was limited, and at times the academic environment felt unnecessarily discouraging rather than supportive. It felt like many of the faculty wanted to see you fail. The disrespect and inability for a professor to admit when they are wrong was something I encountered multiple times but it seemed that even when I told administration this did not change anything. As a result, many students were left feeling unsupported during one of the most academically and emotionally demanding years of their lives.
I do not write this out of bitterness or pessimism, but rather to provide honest insight for prospective applicants who may be considering this path. I believe there are often more effective and financially responsible ways to strengthen a medical school application, whether through focused MCAT preparation, additional clinical experience, research, post-baccalaureate coursework, or a dedicated growth year.
Ultimately, prospective students should carefully weigh the financial cost, academic risk, and overall outcomes of the program before committing. My intention is simply to encourage others to make the most informed decision possible for their future.
For students on Track One specifically, my honest recommendation would be to seriously consider dedicating a full year toward focused MCAT preparation and strengthening other aspects of your application rather than relying solely on this pathway. Based on this year’s outcomes, a significant number of students have had to undergo the appeal process in order to continue toward matriculation, and it appears the overall matriculation rate may be substantially lower than last years cohort.
While it is certainly possible to succeed within the program, I believe students should understand that the process can be extremely difficult and, at times, unpredictable. Even among students who are successfully matriculating, many have expressed that, if given the opportunity to make the decision again, they would likely pursue a different route.
One of my greatest concerns is that the program is marketed heavily toward students who have faced personal, educational, or socioeconomic disadvantages. While I appreciate the mission behind supporting these students, I personally felt that the program did not consistently provide the level of mentorship, structure, and academic support necessary to help many students truly succeed.
Additionally, the program feels very removed from the medical school itself. There is little to no overlap between the DPMS administration and the administration of the medical school. As a result, students should not assume that, if they are on the verge of not meeting contract requirements, they will be able to communicate directly with the medical school administration for support or advocacy. In my experience, the medical school administration and the DPMS administration function as entirely separate entities, with very limited communication or collaboration between them.
Additionally, my experience with portions of the faculty and administration was disappointing. Communication was often inconsistent, accessibility to faculty support was limited, and at times the academic environment felt unnecessarily discouraging rather than supportive. It felt like many of the faculty wanted to see you fail. The disrespect and inability for a professor to admit when they are wrong was something I encountered multiple times but it seemed that even when I told administration this did not change anything. As a result, many students were left feeling unsupported during one of the most academically and emotionally demanding years of their lives.
I do not write this out of bitterness or pessimism, but rather to provide honest insight for prospective applicants who may be considering this path. I believe there are often more effective and financially responsible ways to strengthen a medical school application, whether through focused MCAT preparation, additional clinical experience, research, post-baccalaureate coursework, or a dedicated growth year.
Ultimately, prospective students should carefully weigh the financial cost, academic risk, and overall outcomes of the program before committing. My intention is simply to encourage others to make the most informed decision possible for their future.
Last edited:
Has anyone reached out to them for an update?
Thank you for sharing. From your perspective this year, did there seem to be a significant difference in matriculation rates to DUCOM between Track 1 and Track 2 students within your cohort? I know outcomes can vary from year to year, but I would appreciate any insight. TY!As a current graduate of the DPMS program, I would strongly encourage prospective students to carefully evaluate whether this program is the best path for them. personally I would not recommend this program to anyone. In my personal experience, the program did not meet the expectations that were presented at the beginning of the year, and I believe there are alternative routes that may provide students with a stronger return on both their time and financial investment.
For students on Track One specifically, my honest recommendation would be to seriously consider dedicating a full year toward focused MCAT preparation and strengthening other aspects of your application rather than relying solely on this pathway. Based on this year’s outcomes, a significant number of students have had to undergo the appeal process in order to continue toward matriculation, and it appears the overall matriculation rate may be substantially lower than last years cohort.
While it is certainly possible to succeed within the program, I believe students should understand that the process can be extremely difficult and, at times, unpredictable. Even among students who are successfully matriculating, many have expressed that, if given the opportunity to make the decision again, they would likely pursue a different route.
One of my greatest concerns is that the program is marketed heavily toward students who have faced personal, educational, or socioeconomic disadvantages. While I appreciate the mission behind supporting these students, I personally felt that the program did not consistently provide the level of mentorship, structure, and academic support necessary to help many students truly succeed.
Additionally, the program feels very removed from the medical school itself. There is little to no overlap between the DPMS administration and the administration of the medical school. As a result, students should not assume that, if they are on the verge of not meeting contract requirements, they will be able to communicate directly with the medical school administration for support or advocacy. In my experience, the medical school administration and the DPMS administration function as entirely separate entities, with very limited communication or collaboration between them.
Additionally, my experience with portions of the faculty and administration was disappointing. Communication was often inconsistent, accessibility to faculty support was limited, and at times the academic environment felt unnecessarily discouraging rather than supportive. It felt like many of the faculty wanted to see you fail. The disrespect and inability for a professor to admit when they are wrong was something I encounter multiple times but it seemed that even when I told administration this did not change anything. As a result, many students were left feeling unsupported during one of the most academically and emotionally demanding years of their lives.
I do not write this out of bitterness or pessimism, but rather to provide honest insight for prospective applicants who may be considering this path. I believe there are often more effective and financially responsible ways to strengthen a medical school application, whether through focused MCAT preparation, additional clinical experience, research, post-baccalaureate coursework, or a dedicated growth year.
Ultimately, prospective students should carefully weigh the financial cost, academic risk, and overall outcomes of the program before committing. My intention is simply to encourage others to make the most informed decision possible for their future.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 102K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K