WCUCOM or KYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iux

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I was recently accepted to both of these schools and was wondering which is the better program. I was also recently waitlisted at ACOM and am hoping I get off it as it was my number one choice out of the three. I'm interested in neurology and neurosurgery

Members don't see this ad.

You should be going to an MD program if you really want neurosurgery. Even if it takes youa year or two to get in.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say KYCOM over WCU
However, Neurology is doable as a DO, but Neurosurgery would be an uphill battle. Fix your app for MD if you really want the latter.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say KYCOM over WCU
However, Neurology is doable as a DO, but Neurosurgery would be an uphill battle. Fix your app for MD if you really want the latter.
I know that in this past years match, a student from WCUCOM got into the Neurosurgery residency program at Ole Miss. So that makes me believe it’s possible there. I reached out to that person already to see what he did to accomplish that feat

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that in this past years match, a student from WCUCOM got into the Neurosurgery residency program at Ole Miss. So that makes me believe it’s possible there. I reached out to that person already to see what he did to accomplish that feat
That was 1 student over 110 (less than 1%). That student was probably top of his/her class with a killer USMLE scores (step 1 and step 2) on top of COMLEX, multiple research with publications, and/or great connections in the field/Letters. Those aren't great odds at all. Now, take a look on the MD side and you'll see the difference. Keep in mind that WCU was the school with the worst placement rate that year as well with a 92% overall. Meaning 8% of the class ended up without a job to show for all the student loans they took out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
People win the lottery All the time. Doesn't mean your strategy in life should be dependent on winning the lottery.
I know you don't want to hear this, but the most reliable path to neurosurgery is getting an md admission first .

Reactions: 1 users