WCVM class of 2012!

Discussion in 'Veterinary' started by piglet, Jun 18, 2008.

1. piglet

Veterinary Student
    Hi,

I just got accepted to WCVM for August 2008!! Yay!! Thought I start a thread for anyone else who just got accepted - If you are out there. I'm still in a little bit of an ecstatic shock- WOW!!

Now I need to look for housing - does anyone have any suggestions of where to look, good neighbourhoods, on campus housing situation, etc?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chris03333

chris03333 Veterinarian

Which WCVM are you talking about?:confused:

4. piglet

Veterinary Student
    Western College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Just read my post - arghh the spelling and grammatical mistakes - I was just too excited!

5. lcarter103

Veterinary Student
    I gave you the link to the U of S housing registry on your other thread in the pre-vet forum, but just wanted to mention that if you can, get a place on the east side of the river. The west side has a lot of bad neighbourhoods (as far as drugs/crime), whereas the east side in general is okay (plus closer to the university).

L

6. piglet

Veterinary Student
    Thanks for the housing tip. Safety is an issue. I am trying to get a place as close to the U as possible. I have a couple of leads so I'll see what pans out. East side of the river - I'll remember that

7. littleone3

Veterinary Student
    Piglet,

I was just accepted to, WCVM as well and I am currently looking for housing... I have a good family friend out there who is helping me to look, but its mostly 2 bedrooms if you are looking for a roommate

8. piglet

Veterinary Student
    hi littleone3,

I just found a place for a good price and in the house of a practicing vet which is approximately 5 km away from the university. Thanks for the offer though.