"Wear Comfortable Shoes"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ninebillion

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In many interview reviews (both on Interview Feedback and at Habari's web site), I often encounter the phrase "wear comfortable shoes." From my experience, though, dress shoes are by their vary nature highly oppressive. Do you all have any suggestions on inexpensive, comfortable dress shoes, especially ones that will be much appreciated during a multiple-day MSTP interview experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, I'm a guy, but your advice applies either way. I did shake my head when I saw "heels" though... :)

I would go with rockport. I spent a lot of time looking for comfortable shoes because I knew it would be a problem if I started crying during a campus tour. :D

I was able to find a pair that look like dress shoes, but are actually made more for daily wear. I feel weird giving advice about shoes, so I?ll leave it at that.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
tedrik said:
I would go with rockport. I spent a lot of time looking for comfortable shoes because I knew it would be a problem if I started crying during a campus tour. :D

I was able to find a pair that look like dress shoes, but are actually made more for daily wear. I feel weird giving advice about shoes, so I?ll leave it at that.

good luck!
Rockport. They aren't nearly as nice as my "real" dress shoes, but I routinely do 12+ hours of standing daily without adverse effects. :thumbup:

ninebillion said:
In many interview reviews (both on Interview Feedback and at Habari's web site), I often encounter the phrase "wear comfortable shoes."

If Im remembering correctly arent "women that wear comfortable shoes" a polite name for a lesbians??

Or at least it was when I was a kid.
Can anyone back that up?

LADoc00 said:
If Im remembering correctly arent "women that wear comfortable shoes" a polite name for a lesbians??

Or at least it was when I was a kid.
Can anyone back that up?

I'm curious as to the origin of this phrase.