Website that ranks D.O. schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyF0X

FoxHound
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across findthebest.com?

http://medical-schools.findthebest.com

It has D.O. schools in the list. I doubt the rankings are legit, but the website is still interesting and user friendly.

Members don't see this ad.

Those MCATs for the DO schools seem off. Like 24 for PCOM? Nah.

Members don't see this ad :)
That site is crap, they haven't updated their numbers in years. Look up each school's faqs individually. Most have a 28+ MCAT score nowadays.

KCUMB AND DMU AREN'T EVEN ON THE LIST BUT LUCOM IS.
lolwut.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
lol the WesternU logo they use is the veterinary medicine one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wut! My school is ranked in the 100s+... I will withdraw my acceptance to that no-tier school and apply to Baylor since LCME just put them on probation...:p

Last edited:
List is flawed because it doesn't take into account the ratings that that one guy's mom made of the DO schools.

Reactions: 6 users
On the main site click "DO" and it'll give you a list of the schools with the vet logo.

Veterinary Medicine is supposed to have a "V" in the middle. The easiest way for me to show it is by linking to our white coats:

This is DO: http://www.webmedbooks.com/westernu...446/sid=c721f923-515f-4078-ba51-1316dde3e929/

This is Vet Med: http://www.webmedbooks.com/westernu...446/sid=c721f923-515f-4078-ba51-1316dde3e929/

Last edited:
Has anyone ever come across findthebest.com?

http://medical-schools.findthebest.com

It has D.O. schools in the list. I doubt the rankings are legit, but the website is still interesting and user friendly.
Yeah... don't put any weight on those "rankings". The stats are off and not even close in some regards. There's no validity to their numbers.

Some schools aren't even on that list... So the legitamacy seems to be low.

Some schools aren't even on that list... So the legitamacy seems to be low.

I didn't think the rankings were legit to begin with also some stats are outdated. You have to search for some schools instead of using the filter.

I've come across that website before I was on SDN and I thought that it was a legitimate list since Harvard was ranked #1 but now I seriously question its legitimacy. Moreover, there's no point in such ranking as it's not even all-inclusive.

Last edited:
LUCOM is listed but other more established schools are completely left out? Where's AZCOM? LECOM-B?

Sad thing is, people that don't know about DO schools will look this up and take it as hard fact.

Couldn't agree more. People are way to obsessed with rankings.

LUCOM is listed but other more established schools are completely left out? Where's AZCOM? LECOM-B?

Sad thing is, people that don't know about DO schools will look this up and take it as hard fact.

LECOM:B :
http://medical-schools.findthebest....lege-of-Osteopathic-Medicine-Bradenton-Campus

AZCOM:
http://medical-schools.findthebest....Osteopathic-Medicine-of-Midwestern-University

what page do the DO schools start on?

You have to look them up on the search bar to the left, don't use the filter because it won't show all of them for some reason.

I've come across that website before I was on SDN and I thought that it was a legitimate list since Harvard was ranked #1 but now I seriously question its legitimacy. Moreover, there's no point in such ranking as it's not even all-inclusive.

I can't speak for the rankings but i feel some of the stats on here are spot on. I do agree that some stats may need updating but it still provides you with some good info.

...You have to look them up on the search bar to the left, don't use the filter because it won't show all of them for some reason.

That in and of itself is an inherent flaw to the site. How are we supposed to trust rankings when it randomly leaves out a bunch of schools in filters. Also, to be honest, not only are some of the stats out of date, many are (like almost half). That makes their "rankings" meaningless.

Seeing as how they're all about "find the best med school" that makes their website kind of useless. You'll find much better info on one of user3's COM stats post than on this website. Better yet there's a thread in the osteo forum with reviews of every school.

EDIT: And I really shouldn't complain because my school is ranked pretty highly among DO schools on this website, but to give you an idea of how outdated the website is, it has the average/median MCAT at <24 when the current average/median is more like 27.

Last edited:
Just to point out a couple things wrong with my school's listing:

They understated the number of applicants by around 50%.
They overstated the number of matruculants per year by 393%.
They understated the primary care ranking by 42 spots (460% farther down than reality)
They underestimated median MCAT by around 4 points
They understated the number of faculty

So... overall the website's kind of useless. Whether this is because it's out of date or just poorly researched is something I can't tell. It just annoys me that many of the MD schools seem updated... so why even have DO schools if they're going to be incorrect and have underestimated numbers? :confused:

Last edited:
too all the people complaining, it is not like updating any new info will significantly bump up most do schools.

dmu isn't suddenly going to jump and out rank Harvard. no matter what, none of them will crack the 100's, with the exception of maybe msucom.

The only one that would probably jump would be Uni of CA riverside, only because it is ranked dead last.

too all the people complaining, it is not like updating any new info will significantly bump up most do schools.

dmu isn't suddenly going to jump and out rank Harvard. no matter what, none of them will crack the 100's, with the exception of maybe msucom.

The only one that would probably jump would be Uni of CA riverside, only because it is ranked dead last.
The bigger point is: who the hell cares?

Reactions: 3 users

I don't think it's just about bumping rankings. It's about information reflecting accurately, which could be beneficial for applicants and college advisors.

I don't think it's just about bumping rankings. It's about information reflecting accurately, which could be beneficial for applicants and college advisors.
Bingo. I know I saw this website when I was applying and it certainly helped tweak my application list. If I had known that my numbers didn't, in reality, line up with some schools, my approach to applications may have been a bit different.

Of course an educated applicant will use multiple sources of information, but the point is that misleading information certainly does no good.

please.

you got another thing coming if you think that people seriously use that list.

Don't act like people treat that thing like scripture, cause it aint.

End of the day, schools mostly stay in the tier or caste that they are in, regardless of the outdated numbers.

please.

you got another thing coming if you think that people seriously use that list.

Don't act like people treat that thing like scripture, cause it aint.

End of the day, schools mostly stay in the tier or caste that they are in, regardless of the outdated numbers.
I never said it was scripture. Setting up a straw man is not going to help your argument. I think it's important for information to be accurate. Of course, there are limits to how much I care (like with everything in life), so while I'd be willing to edit the site, I wouldn't do more than that.

I never said it was scripture. Setting up a straw man is not going to help your argument. I think it's important for information to be accurate. Of course, there are limits to how much I care (like with everything in life), so while I'd be willing to edit the site, I wouldn't do more than that.
homie, can we not talk about straw mans? this is a forum, not English class.

the details are not important when the general picture is perfectly fine.

who care what the ave mcat score is when these schools have much bigger flaws?

homie, can we not talk about straw mans? this is a forum, not English class.

the details are not important when the general picture is perfectly fine.

who care what the ave mcat score is when these schools have much bigger flaws?
Why care about any topic that isn't the most worrisome topic there is?