DO Schools Ranked (Primary Care) in US News 2023-24 Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wjldenver

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

O University of North Texas 11
O University of Pikeville 40
O Ohio University 49
O Western 50
O William Carey 58
O Michigan State 71
O Edward Via 80
O LECOM 84
O Touro 92
O LMU 103
O West Virginia 103
O Rowan 108
O Oklahoma State 112-123
O Nova 112-123

DO programs are not known for their research, so they do not do as well in the Med School Research Ranking.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This list is titled "2023-2024 Best Medical Schools: Primary Care". Therefore, the lower the rank of the school the better if you're considering specializing.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm surprised UNT is the highest on the list, you would think that it being one if not the best DO schools its students would be more inclined to specialize

Members don't see this ad :)
This list is titled "2023-2024 Best Medical Schools: Primary Care". Therefore, the lower the rank of the school the better if you're considering specializing.
Just want to point out that this isn't really accurate - many of the schools listed are state funded and have residency programs in a variety of specialties. OkState, OU, MSU, and Rowan are all examples of this and they usually provide students with a greater amount of accessibility to research and networking with residencies that they are associated with.

Not sure how accurate this is. My school publishes an X% of people going into primary care every year. The problem is that all IM folks are considered in that percentage. But anecdotally I know that at least half the people going into IM from my school are planning to specialize afterwards.