week leading up to actual DAT prep? bootcamp vs 09/07?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
M review
T. 09 DAT
W. review
R. 07 DAT
F. Bootcamp full length 10
Sa review
Su Bootcamp full length 3
M review/rest
T: DAT test day

quick question, how are the 09&07 version and the bootcamp FL tests compared to the actual DAT? I've been hearing the 09/07 is more similar and would appreciate any suggestions if I should take that instead, on the Sunday before test day (vs the bootcamp test 3) as this would propel me into a more linear momentum

Members don't see this ad.

M review
T. 09 DAT
W. review
R. 07 DAT
Sa review
M review/rest

quick question, how are the 09&07 version and the bootcamp FL tests compared to the actual DAT? I've been hearing the 09/07 is more similar and would appreciate any suggestions if I should take that instead, on the Sunday before test day (vs the bootcamp test 3) as this would propel me into a more linear momentum
I can answer this from years of working with students, I don't advise taking any timed test that close to the actual DAT. Timed tests aren't accurate and can show a score lower or higher than your actual DAT score. If you take a timed test for instance on Sunday and score lower than you hoped for it could shake your confidence. Spending time reviewing any weak areas prior to test day is an excellent use of time.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck on your DAT

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
M review
T. 09 DAT
W. review
R. 07 DAT
Sa review
M review/rest

07 was too easy. You can still use them for practice problems, but I would not put much weight on the scores you get. 09 will help you get a 'feel' of the test layout. For example, bootcamp full length test would not have PAT instructions in between in section. BC RC would start with first question + passage whereas real DAT would have full screen passage and then passage + first question. In the 'review' section of BC, you can click on the link to go to the question you want. On the real DAT you need to 'double click' to get to the question you want.

I recommend at least two review/rest days before the test. This will allow you time to review what you truly know, still have some time to brush up on topics you're scoring low on, and plenty of rest time. The key thing for 'timed' test is to make sure you pace yourself well, improve your mental health and stamina, and see which areas you should 'review' if time remains. I personally would focus more on practice problems and reviewing notes.

Reactions: 1 users
in the week leading up to my exam i staggered reviewing with taking practice tests- i took 3 practice tests and i did it with the intention to get timing down right.. i didnt stress out about the scores i got.
-07- was REALLY easy i got above a 25 in each section and a 30 in OC and QR, however, i do recommend you take it because the wording and everything is very similar to the current dat
-09- i was having technical difficulties with it... the site kept crashing on me after i had already paid sooo idk if it's worth it
-bootcamp tests- i cant not stress enough how important it is to do, or at least review, bootcamp problems, especially bio! those are GOLD.

the second to last day i think i re-read and reviewed concepts for 5ish hours, not consecutively.
on the last day, i literally had no desire to touch a single notebook or anything. i ended up forcing myself to read some bio notes just in case for less than an hour and to be honest, i felt great not studying.

ended up getting a 23 aa!

hope this helps!! good luck!

Reactions: 1 users