1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Weight of College Transcript for Specialty App

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by OctaviustheFish, May 17, 2008.

1. OctaviustheFish

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I know that dental school grades and Board scores are incredibly important when applying to specialty programs but a lot of them also request undergrad college transcripts; I am wondering how important those undergrad grades are, and more specifically, if not completing your bachelor's before Dental school could hurt you. Sorry if there is already a related thread out there, but I couldn't find one.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ligature

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I very seriously doubt that would hurt you. I mean.. who cares?

4. ysk

ysk Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

this topic, at least for the omfs residencies, was covered in this thread:
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=466404

you say you looked but i guess you didn't look that hard b/c this thread was just further down the same page. :D don't take it personally, i'm just busting your chops. ;)

in short, undergrad gpa does play a factor at some of the 6 year omfs programs where the med school has a greater say in the admissions process. this is because they have to also admit you into the med school and so they will look at your undergrad gpa as a criteria for admission.