Weird Fancy letter from KCUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epox16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an email from KCUCOM today saying that because of my MCAT score (took it in june) they have me listed for some priority application thing where if I get my app in by the end of Sept, I'll get an admissions decision in A MONTH? and I'd be in a priority spot for interviews and for scholarships??? WTF is this? I was planning on applying next cycle to be honest but this might change my mind. It must be because I opted in to getting emails from schools when I took the MCAT but what do these letters mean, has anyone else gotten one before, how serious is it?

EDIT: I just looked at the requirements for the school and you need a sGPA of at least 3.25, and mine is gonna be 3.24 after my summer class, so will this do any good?

Members don't see this ad.

Got an email from KCUCOM today saying that because of my MCAT score (took it in june) they have me listed for some priority application thing where if I get my app in by the end of Sept, I'll get an admissions decision in A MONTH? and I'd be in a priority spot for interviews and for scholarships??? WTF is this? I was planning on applying next cycle to be honest but this might change my mind. It must be because I opted in to getting emails from schools when I took the MCAT but what do these letters mean, has anyone else gotten one before, how serious is it?

EDIT: I just looked at the requirements for the school and you need a sGPA of at least 3.25, and mine is gonna be 3.24 after my summer class, so will this do any good?

It's a load of trickery they send out to everyone.

It's a load of trickery they send out to everyone.
Yeah, upon searching some old threads I have figured that out. Thank you for your response. Nothing comes free, should have known! Hah!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, upon searching some old threads I have figured that out. Thank you for your response. Nothing comes free, should have known! Hah!
I actually got an interview invite within 2 weeks of applying after receiving that email. Never ended up attending the interview tho :p

Reactions: 1 user
I received the same email. Ironically it took longer to receive a secondary from KCU than any other school I applied to (29 days after verification, one day before the 30 day cutoff for my "expedited review for consideration for a secondary" or however they phrased it). I also couldn't help but chuckle about the other two special perks, priority consideration for interviews and financial aid if accepted. As if a high MCAT won't benefit you in these two areas at other schools.

I also got that email. My cGPA is below the cutoff so I emailed them asking if I would be screened out. I even attached my AACOMAS app. They replied back and said sometimes they make exceptions but that they can't tell me if I'll be rejected pre-secondary until I apply. I really like the school but I feel like applying to a school where I don't meet the cutoff is just money down the toilet.

lol I got that email, rushed to apply, and was rejected post-secondary

There were also a few typos in that email a few years back. Not the best for a recruitment email.

I got the same email with a low mcat. Someone in their admissions office clearly woke up with some good-idea-fairy dust on their pillow.

just looked at the requirements for the school and you need a sGPA of at least 3.25, and mine is gonna be 3.24 after my summer class, so will this do any good?

It's not a true hard cutoff.

DO schools are ran like a business. KCU (and really all DO schools) want to maximize the number of supplemental applications they receive to defray some of the costs associated with running their admissions office. So specifically in regard to KCU, using last year's stats, we have: 5618 applications X $50/application = $280,900 (in supplemental application fees alone). As a parallel, in the business school world, Harvard generates $2.3M in application fees every year.