xXIDaShizIXx

7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2011
Status
Other Health Professions Student
So, I received a letter in the mail at my parent's address, not mine, which I have not lived at in a few years. It had my universities letterhead and had a professor in the English Department as the chapter advisor. I was directed to put in a nomination code and pay $85.00. It is odd, in that I am graduating with my B.S. this Saturday and they are wanting to induct me afterwards (during next semester). It is completely new on my campus and I have honestly never heard of it. It is the National Society of Leadership and Success. Is it legitimate and/or worth anything? It seems pretty useless to me, I just wanted some opinions. Thanks guys!

OP
xXIDaShizIXx

xXIDaShizIXx

7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2011
Status
Its called Alpha Sigma Pi. Look it up, and see what you guys think.

researchgirl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2009
Status
Psychologist
whether or not it's really a "scam" i generally think these types of things are not worthwhile.

OP
xXIDaShizIXx

xXIDaShizIXx

7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2011
Status
It seems to be simply a vanity society and is not accredited achs in anyway. It just seems to be a money making machine.

Oct 10, 2013
Status
Psychology Student
I also received a few letters from them nearing the end of my undergrad degree. I passed as I didn't see a benefit to it.

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
When I see these on applications, not a ^%$& is given. We don't care about vanity credentialing. If anything, after I look it up and see that it means bupkus, it's kind of a slight negative in the application review.

Reactions: xXIDaShizIXx
OP
xXIDaShizIXx

xXIDaShizIXx

7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2011
Status
When I see these on applications, not a ^%$& is given. We don't care about vanity credentialing. If anything, after I look it up and see that it means bupkus, it's kind of a slight negative in the application review.
Thanks for the input. That is kind of what I was figuring as well. Yeah it went in the trash last night. Either way, I've already been accepted to a Psy.D. program anyways, so it wasn't for application purposes in that regard.