SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

weird question to those who have shadowed doctors

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ella Shepherd, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Ella Shepherd

Ella Shepherd Screen. Stage. Studio. 2+ Year Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Hi! I'm not exactly sure if I should post this thread here or in the all-students forum...but I chose here instead because it's kinda related to shadowing, a bit.

So...on to the question.

Has anyone ever had a crush on or liked the doctor he/she shadowed? :p lol You see, I was shadowing a 1st year surgical resident a few weeks ago when I was assigned to the dept. of surgery for 7 days. (I'm in Pediatrics now.) I kinda liked the surgeon I was following. He is really nice and sweet and he has the most beautiful eyes. (He's married and has a two-year old child. Sigh. :p) Anyway...the pediatricians I'm observing at the hospital now are getting all giggly since they found out I like him. It's nice to know that doctor or not, girls will be girls. lol :oops: I feel like a silly 15-year-old right now...:p Anyone share the same or a similar experience?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ginzo

Ginzo 2+ Year Member

May 5, 2006
    Go watch Sex and the City.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  4. mk8

mk8 2+ Year Member

May 14, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    this sounds like definite personal statement material. also, be sure to ask for a rec from one of the peds MDs.

why was this posted?
  5. LikeClockWork

LikeClockWork Guest

Jul 23, 2007
    See? Hospitals really are like Grey's Anatomy!
  6. gasdf1234567

gasdf1234567 2+ Year Member

May 20, 2008
    You told pediatricians you're shadowing that you have a crush on another doctor?
  7. Ella Shepherd

Nov 4, 2007
    No! lol One of the doctors found out (dunno how...but I think she caught on when I asked her what his complete name was yesterday...:confused:) then they started teasing me sorta like high school (in the office when we all took a break). I was actually quite surprised. :p doctors...sigh. :) I didn't know I could get this experience while shadowing. Haha! :D
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  8. Ella Shepherd

Nov 4, 2007
    lol :laugh:
  9. AmericanPsycho

AmericanPsycho Banned

Jun 2, 2008
    What is your address?
  10. nevercold

nevercold 2+ Year Member

Oct 19, 2007
    As a medical student you'll inevitably have a crush (large or small) on a resident you work with or who is in the field you are rotating through. As you get to your 3rd and 4th years of medical school, you'll only be separated from these people by a few years of age or maybe none at all if you took time off after undergrad.

Attractive people are attractive.
  11. HanginInThere

HanginInThere 5+ Year Member

May 24, 2007
    the library
    End of story.
  12. newyorkblork

newyorkblork 2+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2008
    New York

or... beginning...

... kidding. don't kill me.
  13. MilkmanAl

MilkmanAl Al the Ass Mod Physician 7+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    hSDN Alumni
    I think you should've propositioned him on the spot.
  14. pianola

pianola MS2 7+ Year Member

May 23, 2008
    I regret to inform you that you are the only person who has ever had a crush on the doctor that s/he is shadowing.

[Why did you post this????????]