Well I'll be hanging out here for a while-the 2012 I matched Surgery thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr Cookie Pants

Hopefully on bypass
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still feels weird to think that I got offered a job as a surgerizer in training today.

Who else got the most anticlimactic email today?

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup:

btw 3 unfilled cat surg spots this year

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. In neurosurgery, though.

Still feels weird to think that I got offered a job as a surgerizer in training today.

Was the email title still open ended? I think mine was titled "Did I match?" And the email said, "Congratulations, you have matched." It made me angry that they have to inject one extra moment of uncertainty/insecurity into the email.

Was the email title still open ended? I think mine was titled "Did I match?" And the email said, "Congratulations, you have matched." It made me angry that they have to inject one extra moment of uncertainty/insecurity into the email.

Yeah--the title still says "Did I match?" and is from the NRMP staff

Hasn't changed.

I know--it's kinda weird to think that in 4 months theyll start trusting you to have responsibility etc. Im sure not a lot as an intern but still kinda exciting/scary

I know--it's kinda weird to think that in 4 months theyll start trusting you to have responsibility etc. Im sure not a lot as an intern but still kinda exciting/scary

Don't worry. You won't be trusted.

Congrats to all who matched today, and best of luck to those who didn't.

Last edited:
Congrats to all who matched! I look forward to working with you in the coming years. My advice is live it up the next couple of months, don't fret over what book to read, how to tie knots, etc. Travel, spend time with loved ones, enjoy life. Don't worry, your life doesn't end at the start of internship but it definitely changes...