Well, the market is about to be flooded with primary care physicians...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Splenda88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
5q5703.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
What could possibly go wrong with that policy....pure sarcasim. Meanwhile, back here, we have US MD graduates not matching, SMH. Please don't start the xenophobia nonsense with my post as it has nothing to do with any biases.... it is about pointing out facts about unmatched US grads. I didn't even start with what their training may be like. It really feels as though we are starting to forget about our own.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We need to learn from the mistakes of previous generations and make sure a few greedy docs and hospital systems don't screw over everyone with greed. I feel like this will be used to hire cheap labor at the expense of patient safety and the attendings liability.

They need to have a limited amount of residency spots in primary care set aside for some of these doctors so that they can expect to go to residency in a reasonable amount of time. If not hospitals will use residency spots as a carrot and exploit these people for years for cheap labor giving them a small amount of hope that they will one day get into residency

Reactions: 3 users
We need to learn from the mistakes of previous generations and make sure a few greedy docs and hospital systems don't screw over everyone with greed. I feel like this will be used to hire cheap labor at the expense of patient safety and the attendings liability.

They need to have a limited amount of residency spots in primary care set aside for some of these doctors so that they can expect to go to residency in a reasonable amount of time. If not hospitals will use residency spots as a carrot and exploit these people for years for cheap labor giving them a small amount of hope that they will one day get into residency
Patient safety issues will be there but they'll be much much much less significant when using Assistant Physicians/unmatched IMGs compared to hiring midlevels with garbage training from online diploma mills. Why? Because IMGs are still doctors who have strong foundation on medical science

Reactions: 1 users
This is something i've been thinking about for a while: It's official: Physician Associate (not Assistant).

I'm just thinking what's stopping us from replacing midlevels with unmatched IMGs. Because i think a lot of countries have this model from earlier discussions

Let's do it. The problem is going to be with licensing them as physicians because currently most need 2 years of residency experience in the US prior to that.

It would open the floodgates for every doctor from Cairo to Manila to come scrambling over here and price both us and the midlevels out, that's what.

Reactions: 1 user
This is something i've been thinking about for a while: It's official: Physician Associate (not Assistant).
There just needs to be something in place that prevents hospitals and clinics from being able to keep people in this position indefinitely, otherwise that will happen. They need to limit the amount of people that can come here and practice and allocate enough residency spots so that these people can realistically become an attending. Otherwise you'll just have a bunch of these people working under one doctor and we'll just have the mid-level crisis all over again.

Reactions: 1 users