Well???!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Annette

gainfully employed
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So all you matchers! When you finished jumping for joy (or crying your eyes out) TELL US ALL!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Annette,

I think all the American med students are at a match ceremony, I have to wait until 1 pm to find out where I am going---ahhh!!!! Hoping for St. Lukes Roosvelt or NYP. Will post asap. Congrat on getting an IM spot.

Melb

Annette-
Still have 23 minutes to go.

Thankfully my attending let me have off. Although he gave me a guilt trip about it. COME ON MAN ITS MATCH DAY. Anyways, I will post once I hear...

I can feel it... USF... Tampa General...

Q

Members don't see this ad :)
Forgive me for being the interloper on the EM boards. It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one lurking here, deserately--hopefully hitting refresh on my browser Q2 minutes checking my e-mail.

Best of luck everyone... y'all are a cool bunch indeed :).

Dr. Cuts, get out of here! Go back to your dark room or your chilly cold OR with your laryngoscopes...

j/k.

13 minutes.

Forgot about email, now i have to open up yet another browser.

Good luck!
Q:eek:

I got St. Lukes Roosevelt (my 1st choice!!!!)

Congratulations to everyone!

I got U Mass

My #1 choice!

All the hard work has paid off!!!

:clap:

GWN

Congrats to all you soon to be PGY-1's. I have been reading through the posts leading up until today, and can feel the tension building up to this point.

Quinn, glad to see you got into Tampa. I know that you've been praying for it.

Now I wonder how long it will take mike to post his results? He's probably just waiting for the perfect time--for the grandiose entrance!

:D Congrats to everybody!
Quinn, I still owe you a bottle of Zlaty Bazant, I guess now would be a good occasion to open it ;)

#2 - Uconn....a bit dissapointed but happy nonetheless....
congrats to all!

I know this is starting to get a bit redundant but...

Congratulations!!!! Quinn, Mel, and everyone else. It is so awesome to see people match where they REALLY wanted to go. It has been so cool to follow all you guys (and girls) throughout the whole process (good parts and bad), and I'm just extatic to see all of your hard work finally come to fruition.

Have fun the next few days... you all deserve it.

P.S. - Melb: I will be contacting you and picking your brain about SLR... But don't worry, I'l give you some time to let it all sink in first :)

Good luck!
-Alex

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of kind words about. It is a glorious day! It is bright and sunny here in Tampa, FL, and I will be here for three more years...

Its funny that I spent $800 on ERAS, $2k on interviewing/flights/hotels/gas/food... and I match at a place that didn't even USE the ERAS application system (because they got approved too late), and I could have just stayed at my house and not driven/flown/rented a hotel for the interview.

Man I could have found something better to buy with that $3000..................

:)

Oh well, I think it'll be fun being the first class of an EM residency, especially since USF isn't very DO friendly, and I'll be a DO there in the ED...

Anyways, a shout out to:
Blackcat
Apollyon
JPGreer
MikeCWRU
Hornet
Annette
EdinOH
Melb
Jomama

Those are only the ones I can remember off the top of my head. It has been a LOT of fun on this site... and I think I've made a few acquaintances (friends?) that I will proudly call my colleagues once July 1st rolls around!

I can't wait to see M4s next year interview, and I can ask them about how the intern Blackcat is up at UConn...
Q
Q

QUINN NSU

I have a similiar situation....I actually was working at St. Lukes Roosevelt, it was my first interview and on the morning of the interview I noticed that my perfect interview skirt still had the security tag in it (it was full of ink or I would have taken pliers to it!) so I ended up wearing a skirt of my roomates (she is 2 inches shorter than I am....maybe that is why I got matched there?). Anyway it cost me $3.00 in subway fare to get to STLR and I could have just borrowed some clothes. But that moment when I logged onto NRMP was truely priceless!

Hope you enjoy Florida!

Melb

Originally posted by Melb
QUINN NSU

so I ended up wearing a skirt of my roomates (she is 2 inches shorter than I am....maybe that is why I got matched there?).
Melb

Melb-

:eek:
Beware, I can feel the pulses of the other posters on this site quickening (and mine as well). You revealed too much.

btw, do you have a pic of you in that skirt? haha:laugh:

Congrats on STLR

#1 - MetroHealth in Cleveland

guess I don't have to change my nickname

mike

quinn
blackcat is going to be a clueless intern...even tho this is his second internship and he has been working in an ed for the last 4 years.

to tell you the truth - i am a little scared. i haven't rounded or written a note on an inpatient in 4 years....the er work is good but that inpatient stuff i have long since forgotten.

good luck

Going to Wake Forest (#1 choice)

Best of luck to everyone else

Boy have I had a lot to drink

The Ohio State University (Number 1 choice)
Anyone else??

Congrats to all--good luck!

East Carolina University, Greenville, NC. Third choice, but I did a month there and I know I'll be just fine there.

Good work, everyone. Time to watch my NCAA brackets explode now. But hell, it beats working.

University of Rochester (#4).

St. Luke's-Roosevelt--my #1 rank

University of Florida-Jacksonville (#2)...and I couldn't be happier! How could I have not factored in the beach to my decision?!?

Matched at my number 1 choice - Cincinnati!!!

CONGRATS ALL YOU BADASSES!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

p.s. THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF THE WHOLE ERAS/MATCH PROCESS!

+pissed+

blackcat:

What was your first residency in?