Went/Goes to Texas A&M?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hermione24/7

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone went or goes to Texas A&M and has had shadowing opportunities? I'm an incoming freshman and read about the limited chances to shadow doctors. This one guy actually transferred to tu just because of that. Any places where I could apply for experience? I'm also not going to have my car if that matters. I'm really terrified about it since I'm trying to apply to med schools in the northeast.
 
I think most students do most of their shadowing during summers and holiday breaks, but there are doctors in College Station. LOTS of A&M students mange to make it into medical school somehow...

Also keep in mind that shadowing is intended to give you a feel for what being a doctor is like, and that really only 40-50 hours of shadowing is needed to do that. For shadowing at least, much more than this is not really better.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone went or goes to Texas A&M and has had shadowing opportunities? I'm an incoming freshman and read about the limited chances to shadow doctors. This one guy actually transferred to tu just because of that. Any places where I could apply for experience? I'm also not going to have my car if that matters. I'm really terrified about it since I'm trying to apply to med schools in the northeast.
Do you live by CS or in some other bigger city? If you do live in a bigger city I agree with what DokterMom said, most students do their volunteering or shadowing in their summer breaks. Before summer starts get in contact with some docs in your hometown and swing by to shadow them.
 
Do you live by CS or in some other bigger city? If you do live in a bigger city I agree with what DokterMom said, most students do their volunteering or shadowing in their summer breaks. Before summer starts get in contact with some docs in your hometown and swing by to shadow them.
My hometown is Houston