West Coast University DPT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received a rejection e-mail and seriously bummed:(. Honestly kind of surprised they flat-out rejected me considering how many waitlists I'm on at more established schools. Ugh this was such a confidence killer

Members don't see this ad.

@dazzle318 I got the same email... I'm so angry/sad/depressed right now. I'm on the same boat as you being on several other waitlists and getting rejected by this school. WTF? Ughhh hating life right now...

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten anything.... WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't heard either! waitlisted at two other schools and still waiting to hear back from Northeastern. Looking like ill be apply next cycle at this rate

I was told by one program that their (and most) programs fill in early decision and after that they receive applications but don't even review them! That's my next step... But still keeping my fingers crossed for west coast! Their program seems amazing !

Last edited:
I...got a rejection notice too. Guess that was a formal notice because I turned down their interview. :X

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone just got into the DPT program graduating class 2018 created a fb page for everyone to join just search for West coast university dpt 2018. looking forward to meeting all of you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone just got into the DPT program graduating class 2018 created a fb page for everyone to join just search for West coast university dpt 2018. looking forward to meeting all of you! :)
Awesome. Just joined....waiting for the approval

@SocalPT2015 Might I ask what your stats were? I'm still waiting on their decision for me. Anyone else get a decision already from WCU?
My stats are pretty average. I did ok on the verbal and essay on the GRE, not so good on the math. 3.6 cumulative GPA and 3.5 pre recs. I had some really great people write me letters of rec and I thought my interview went pretty well. So glad they had an interview!

Anyone here a rejection/acceptance today?

Just received my acceptance but will be turning it down. Hope my seat helps any of you who are on the waitlist. Good Luck to you guys! and for those who were accepted CONGRATS!

my stats are
cGPA: 3.05
pGPA: 3.01
GRE: V:145 Q:154 W:3.5

my stats are atrocious but I had really good essays, LORs, and I was still able to receive 4 interview invitations. I did a lot of mock interviews which I think helped A LOT.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received my acceptance but will be turning it down. Hope my seat helps any of you who are on the waitlist. Good Luck to you guys! and for those who were accepted CONGRATS!

my stats are

my stats are atrocious but I had really good essays, LORs, and I was still able to receive 4 interview invitations. I did a lot of mock interviews which I think helped A LOT.
wow, thats awesome Ferrerm. Do you mind sharing wehre else you got interviews? Those stats will be around what mine will be for this coming term

wow, thats awesome Ferrerm. Do you mind sharing wehre else you got interviews? Those stats will be around what mine will be for this coming term

No problem.
NYIT, University of St. Augustine, Western University of Health Sciences, and of course West Coast.

Reactions: 1 users
Received my acceptance, but I will be passing on it. Goodluck everyone!

Just received my rejection not really a surprise

I got wait listed! Hope I move up! I just replied asking Mary what number I was.....

Just got on the wait list tooting take some time before they could tell us (if they decide to) what number we are, since we have until the 30th to notify Mary that we'd like to be on the wait list.

Just received my waitlist email too! More waiting but I'll take it!

my stats are

Question for you. When did you e submit you application for west coast.

Also, when is deadline for accepted people to respond/give deposit? So us wait listers have an idea of when we may hear!

Ha wait list here too o_O that's three wait lists, 3 rejections, 1 still haven't heard. HA looks like I'll be getting my stuff ready to apply next cycle

Ha wait list here too o_O that's three wait lists, 3 rejections, 1 still haven't heard. HA looks like I'll be getting my stuff ready to apply next cycle

I think I'm on the same boat as you. *sighs*

I think I'm on the same boat as you. *sighs*
I'm also in the same boat. Got my waitlist today and emailed Mary to see what number I am. Don't really know why I'm so curious. I like these nice people opening up spots by passing on acceptances though.

I'm also in the same boat. Got my waitlist today and emailed Mary to see what number I am. Don't really know why I'm so curious. I like these nice people opening up spots by passing on acceptances though.
Did Mary tell you what number you are? Cause then I'll email her too!

I got my wait list yesterday in my junk mail..wonder how many wait list spots there r..I am rather confused at their selection method as there seem to be people with higher stats wait listed or rejected and people with lower stats accepted. Anyway wishing everyone best of luck!

I got my wait list yesterday in my junk mail..wonder how many wait list spots there r..I am rather confused at their selection method as there seem to be people with higher stats wait listed or rejected and people with lower stats accepted. Anyway wishing everyone best of luck!
They were more interested in how people would fit into the dynamic of their program. To me, it feels like everyone is so consumed with statistics so it is refreshing to see a program to take into account other aspects of potential candidates. They were genuinely interested in learning more about you as a person and what brought you to where you are rather than only focusing on statistics.

Reactions: 3 users
They were more interested in how people would fit into the dynamic of their program. To me, it feels like everyone is so consumed with statistics so it is refreshing to see a program to take into account other aspects of potential candidates. They were genuinely interested in learning more about you as a person and what brought you to where you are rather than only focusing on statistics.

I would tend to agree but the biggest thing that is going against a lot of people in this thread is when they applied. With a rolling admission it's a first come first serve basis. Sadly to say but imo if you submitted your application later in the process your chances of acceptance greatly decreases. That's why there is such a range of gpas being accepted. I think your interview is huge in their analysis but when you applied matters greatly in rolling admission situations.

Okay so I've lurked on this thread for a while, but now that I have to make a decision I would value the opinions of you all that understand the grueling pre-pt process and have had some experience with this school.
I interviewed and was accepted here, and honestly it was a really great experience and I loved all the faculty and students that I met. However, when I was doing my FASFA I noticed that West Coast is listed as a "for-profit" school. I didn't get a diploma-mill vibe at all from the school when I was there, and their teach-out agreements put me at ease regarding accreditation. So I guess my concern is that "for-profit" schools have such a bad stigma attached to them I'm wondering if this would affect potential to find a job or just the overall reputation of your education.
Maybe I'm just freaking out ha. But I'd like to know what you all think of this and if you would be confident receiving your education here. It's a lot of money and years of life that are put into this process I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision.
Good luck to everyone!

Okay so I've lurked on this thread for a while, but now that I have to make a decision I would value the opinions of you all that understand the grueling pre-pt process and have had some experience with this school.
I interviewed and was accepted here, and honestly it was a really great experience and I loved all the faculty and students that I met. However, when I was doing my FASFA I noticed that West Coast is listed as a "for-profit" school. I didn't get a diploma-mill vibe at all from the school when I was there, and their teach-out agreements put me at ease regarding accreditation. So I guess my concern is that "for-profit" schools have such a bad stigma attached to them I'm wondering if this would affect potential to find a job or just the overall reputation of your education.
Maybe I'm just freaking out ha. But I'd like to know what you all think of this and if you would be confident receiving your education here. It's a lot of money and years of life that are put into this process I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision.
Good luck to everyone!

Congrats on the acceptance and as much as Id love your spot I'll help ease your mind. Although it is listed as a for profit school no matter where you go most schools are for profit whether they are listed or not imo. From numerous emails I have exchanged with west coasts faculty they seem to be genuinly caring about their students and their education. In my interview they emphasized their view on more clinical hours and making sure students knew how to take what they learned in the classroom and using it on the field. They also talked about continuing education and how all of their professors still work in the field which is huge because they are up to date with the latest practices and advances in the field. As crazy as it sounds a lot more schools have professors that don't work in the field which is baffling to me. I truely hold this school at the top of my list for how they approach their program and the family atmosphere there. I rly hope im low number on the waitlist bc I would be extatic to go there. I flew from Ohio to LA to interview and turned down a Skype interview to show my excitement and willingness to do what was needed to succeed. I hope it pays off.

I hope this helps You out but if I was in your position it does seem like a steep price to pay, but in the end I feel the education you recieve will be worth it. I don't think any future employers will look down on the university. I would trust my education to them with out a doubt.

Hey, I'm on the wait list. Do you mind disclosing when you have to reply/submit a deposit to WCU? Thank you in advanced and congratulations!

For those that asked Mary about the waitlist numbers, did you get a reply on your number?

For those that asked Mary about the waitlist numbers, did you get a reply on your number?
I haven't gotten any word from Mary yet either. The only email she sent back so far after I asked was "noticed recieved" (in response to me agreeing to be wait listed). I called and left a voicemail for her too, but no call back yet. I think we won't know until everyone responds to their acceptances on 3/30? Or is that the date everyone has to respond for their acceptance? Has anyone accepted said when they have to confirm by?