West Coast University DPT stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoadtoPT

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am currently interested at West Coast University's DPT program. I was accepted into St Augustine DPT program in San Marcos but going to West Coast would allow me to stay home and save me a lot of money from rent. If you were accepted into the West Coast University DPT program, what were your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone got accepted yet?
I was wondering the same 🤔 i interviewed on 1/25 but haven’t heard back yet, they said to wait a few weeks..

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same 🤔 i interviewed on 1/25 but haven’t heard back yet, they said to wait a few weeks..
i remember them saying that but based on previous years some people may have already heard back. fingers crossed please let me know if you get in rooting for :)

Have you heard anything from the school yet? I have an interview on 2/22, so I'm assuming they haven't fully filled up the spots just yet.

Have you heard anything from the school yet? I have an interview on 2/22, so I'm assuming they haven't fully filled up the spots just yet.
No I haven’t heard anything yet either. Will keep you updated though. And good luck on your interview :)

Reactions: 1 users
No I haven’t heard anything yet either. Will keep you updated though. And good luck on your interview :)
Update:
I got an email yesterday stating that I’m on their waitlist!

I received an acceptance yesterday but I’ll most likely be turning it down

I have an interview tomorrow, 2/22! For those that did their interviews already, any tips?

I have an interview tomorrow, 2/22! For those that did their interviews already, any tips?
For me, I was so nervous because it was my first interview! Lol. So my advice to you is to just breathe, and relax because the interview is very laid back and is like having a conversation amongst four of you. Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification if you don’t understand a question, and also ask them questions about the program, etc. Good luck! :)

For me, I was so nervous because it was my first interview! Lol. So my advice to you is to just breathe, and relax because the interview is very laid back and is like having a conversation amongst four of you. Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification if you don’t understand a question, and also ask them questions about the program, etc. Good luck! :)
Thank you!

I know you said you were waitlisted. Can I ask for your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone heard back from the interview on 2/22?
Yes I did just today! They accepted me today, 3/2 at 1pm PST 🙏🏽 I got an email from Mary, no phone call

Yes I did just today! They accepted me today, 3/2 at 1pm PST 🙏🏽 I got an email from Mary, no phone call
Congrats thats awesome to hear! I got an email today saying I'm on the waiting list :( I'm kind of disheartened because I'd really like to stay closer to home and not having to worry about moving out. Does anyone know the odds of getting in when on the waiting list?

Congrats thats awesome to hear! I got an email today saying I'm on the waiting list :( I'm kind of disheartened because I'd really like to stay closer to home and not having to worry about moving out. Does anyone know the odds of getting in when on the waiting list?
I got on the waitlist as well :/

I got on waitlist too and Mary said that we will get to know waitlist order number after March 15, will be attending Western University Pomona.

Congrats! Are you attending ?
Thank you! I am very grateful for the opportunity, but I will actually not attend. It turns out I got taken off the waitlist and accepted to UCSF/SFSU today too, so that is where I will be attending this summer :) I hope my spot gets to go to someone on this thread!!

I got on the waitlist too. One of my colleagues was on the waitlist a few years back, and he eventually got accepted! So there's hope!

Did anyone get that email this morning about the possible summer 2021 cohort?

Did anyone get that email this morning about the possible summer 2021 cohort?
Yes, I did. I haven't finished my medical terminology course yet. Do you think I will still be given the opportunity to be a part of the summer 2021 cohort?

Also, will you say yes?

Yes, I did. I haven't finished my medical terminology course yet. Do you think I will still be given the opportunity to be a part of the summer 2021 cohort?

Also, will you say yes?
Oh I’m not sure. Possibly.
And yeah I would say yes if I was offered a spot in the summer cohort

I just got an email from Mary that I'm on #mid 30. Hope I get the seat!

I’m #24 on the waitlist, is that good? I’m not sure how many people get taken off usually

I am on #13 waitlist, it seems that waitlist number changes every week.

Thank you! I am very grateful for the opportunity, but I will actually not attend. It turns out I got taken off the waitlist and accepted to UCSF/SFSU today too, so that is where I will be attending this summer :) I hope my spot gets to go to someone on this thread!!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you! and yes of course.

cGPA: either 3.67 or 3.71, not sure which GPA they looked at
pGPA: somewhere between 3.03-3.07
GRE: 144V, 142Q, 4.0W
Observation Experience:
184 hours in pediatrics, geriatrics, ortho, SNF, in-patient setting, etc.
Extracurricular Activities/Volunteer Experience:
-Volunteer with an organization that focuses on children with disabilities
-Volunteer at a recreation and rehabilitation center
-Vice President of pledge class in fraternity (community service based org, co-ed)
-Student Researcher at Adapted Physical Activity Lab at undergrad university
-Employed as an after-school program teacher at the YMCA

Awards/Recognitions:
Magna Cum Laude honors at graduation
Dean's List all throughout college

Letters of Rec:
1 from therapeutic exercise professor
1 from YMCA supervisor
2 from PTs

To note, stats are just one part of the whole application. As you can see, my GRE scores are beyond low (was really hesitant to post them) and they still looked at my application holistically. I truly believe that my PTCAS essay and interview played a big role in my acceptance, so don't give up! I actually didn't think I would get accepted into any school that required the GRE.

Update. Emailed Mary to see if there’s been any changes to my waitlist ranking. I was at #24 and I am now at #19. They said I’m in a good position and to check back in two weeks since they expect more changes.

Update. Emailed Mary to see if there’s been any changes to my waitlist ranking. I was at #24 and I am now at #19. They said I’m in a good position and to check back in two weeks since they expect more changes.
Were you able to get off of the waitlist and gain admission?

Were you able to get off of the waitlist and gain admission?
I haven’t hear from them in a while. But I said I didn’t want to do the financial aid meeting that they said was optional. But then they said that if you do the meeting then you have a higher chance of getting off the waitlist before others. But I was upset cause it said on the email that it wasnt required to do it. So ever since I told them I wasn’t ready to do the financial meeting, I haven’t heard from them about my position. But the reason I didn’t want to do the meeting was because I was going to be hearing from my second choice school in a few days, and I ended up getting in and will be attending there. So I haven’t really bothered to reach out to West Coast since I wouldn’t accept admission .

I haven’t hear from them in a while. But I said I didn’t want to do the financial aid meeting that they said was optional. But then they said that if you do the meeting then you have a higher chance of getting off the waitlist before others. But I was upset cause it said on the email that it wasnt required to do it. So ever since I told them I wasn’t ready to do the financial meeting, I haven’t heard from them about my position. But the reason I didn’t want to do the meeting was because I was going to be hearing from my second choice school in a few days, and I ended up getting in and will be attending there. So I haven’t really bothered to reach out to West Coast since I wouldn’t accept admission .
Oh I see I see. Well I’m glad you got in to your other school! Congrats and good luck!

Wait! When did you get the email about the optional financial aid meeting? I don’t think I ever got any email about that