West Coast University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Can i ask you about your status as GPA and GRE?
I have a 3.4 overall gpa and I'm not sure about my pre-req gpa but it should be around 3.2. I got a 152 in verbal, 159 in quantitative, and 5.0 writing for the GRE. Not sure what their averages are but I'm pretty sure I got in because my interview went really well.

Last edited:
I have a 3.4 overall gpa and I'm not sure about my pre-req gpa but it should be around 3.2. I got a 152 in verbal, 159 in quantitative, and 5.0 writing for the GRE. Not sure what their averages are but I'm pretty sure I got in because my interview went really well.

Congratulations

I'm sure it was because of your gre! It's stellar. What other California schools are you waiting on ? Did you get into any other ones ?

Wouldn't you rather go to Touro a fully accredited school?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else received an acceptance to the DPT program? If so what day did you interview on. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received an acceptance to the DPT program? If so what day did you interview on. Thanks :)

I am wondering the same thing. I saw on here that one applicant heard back on wednesday. I remember asking Dr. Brown when students would hear back and she told me early April. I've never been so nervous while checking my email. haha.

I am wondering the same thing. I saw on here that one applicant heard back on wednesday. I remember asking Dr. Brown when students would hear back and she told me early April. I've never been so nervous while checking my email. haha.
I am more nervous about the decision that i have to make if i get accepted. I am still not sure about WCU. Lol

How did u feel about the program and what is your opinion about the whole accrediation?

Hey all!
I interviewed on March 28th and I got my acceptance email on Wednesday 04/06!! Good luck to everyone :)

Hey all!
I interviewed on March 28th and I got my acceptance email on Wednesday 04/06!! Good luck to everyone :)
Congratulations.
Can you share your status? As gre and GPA

Congratulations.
Can you share your status? As gre and GPA

Thank you! My GRE was not my strong point haha. Verbal: 141, quant: 150, analytical: 4.0. My cpga was 3.49 and I believe my prereq gpa was somewhere around 3.58 (not sure off the top of my head).

Have you heard anything yet??

Did h
Thank you! My GRE was not my strong point haha. Verbal: 141, quant: 150, analytical: 4.0. My cpga was 3.49 and I believe my prereq gpa was somewhere around 3.58 (not sure off the top of my head).
did you interview very well. My overall is 3.37, pre req 3.6 and gre similar

I am hopeful that we will hear something today or at least by Friday. =)

How did u feel about the program and what is your opinion about the whole accrediation?

Have you heard anything yet??

I am hopeful that we will hear something today or at least by Friday. =)

I think the program is good. Off course, there is room for improvement, likely there will be new additions along the way, but I believe they will get their accreditation. I currently have a friend going to West Coast for Pharm School (part of their first class) and they too are still awaiting accreditation. He informed me that the students are well supported and yes it is stressful knowing that they are not fully accredited yet, but he believes they will get it. I have this same belief with the DPT program. Yes, this school hasn't had a great reputation regarding their nursing program: its expensive, students complain about curriculum, and once again "its expensive", but I have several friends who graduated from West Coast's nursing program and they're feedback about the school wasn't ALL negative. Each school will have its positives and negatives, in the end what they stressed was "I got in" or "I finally got in somewhere" because this is the field they wanted to be in. Yes, this school has that negative reputation of being for profit, but to me if they are willing to provide another program that teaches the same curriculum I would learn at another institution and I get in, why not??

The truth is nowadays its getting very competitive to get into any graduate program and since Physical Therapy is a growing field, many students want to get in and will apply several times to do so. This is my second time applying, I'm not sure if I will get in, haven't heard anything yet, but I know I want to be in this field so if I have to I will apply for Fall 2017. A girl I interviewed with at WesternU was in her 3rd cycle of applying and she told me, we'll all get there at the right time. Some people will not agree with me, but I truly believe it is all about timing and finding the right fit. My uncle works as a PT and told me his aide applied 4 times until he got into the school he wanted (granted he only wanted that particular school or something closer because he didn't want to relocate his family), but applying 4 times till he got in goes to show that this program is not easy to get into and he was well qualified from what I learned. And one last sharing, a friend of mine (kind of like my older sister) went to USA in SD during the time that they were awaiting their accreditation, she had no regrets going there, believed in the program, and now USA is one of the sought out programs out in Cali.

I believe West Coast will get their accreditation and if I can get in now or next year (God, I hope so), I will go without a doubt. Whoever got in now, I congratulate you! the process is not easy and how I see it, you were meant to get into the program now. I am hopeful, if it happens now, GREAT, if not then I will put in the same effort for next year. The best thing to have is the attitude to keep going, don't give up, and after applying twice, & possibly having to apply a third time, trust me I know the feeling.

I think the program is good. Off course, there is room for improvement, likely there will be new additions along the way, but I believe they will get their accreditation. I currently have a friend going to West Coast for Pharm School (part of their first class) and they too are still awaiting accreditation. He informed me that the students are well supported and yes it is stressful knowing that they are not fully accredited yet, but he believes they will get it. I have this same belief with the DPT program. Yes, this school hasn't had a great reputation regarding their nursing program: its expensive, students complain about curriculum, and once again "its expensive", but I have several friends who graduated from West Coast's nursing program and they're feedback about the school wasn't ALL negative. Each school will have its positives and negatives, in the end what they stressed was "I got in" or "I finally got in somewhere" because this is the field they wanted to be in. Yes, this school has that negative reputation of being for profit, but to me if they are willing to provide another program that teaches the same curriculum I would learn at another institution and I get in, why not??

The truth is nowadays its getting very competitive to get into any graduate program and since Physical Therapy is a growing field, many students want to get in and will apply several times to do so. This is my second time applying, I'm not sure if I will get in, haven't heard anything yet, but I know I want to be in this field so if I have to I will apply for Fall 2017. A girl I interviewed with at WesternU was in her 3rd cycle of applying and she told me, we'll all get there at the right time. Some people will not agree with me, but I truly believe it is all about timing and finding the right fit. My uncle works as a PT and told me his aide applied 4 times until he got into the school he wanted (granted he only wanted that particular school or something closer because he didn't want to relocate his family), but applying 4 times till he got in goes to show that this program is not easy to get into and he was well qualified from what I learned. And one last sharing, a friend of mine (kind of like my older sister) went to USA in SD during the time that they were awaiting their accreditation, she had no regrets going there, believed in the program, and now USA is one of the sought out programs out in Cali.

I believe West Coast will get their accreditation and if I can get in now or next year (God, I hope so), I will go without a doubt. Whoever got in now, I congratulate you! the process is not easy and how I see it, you were meant to get into the program now. I am hopeful, if it happens now, GREAT, if not then I will put in the same effort for next year. The best thing to have is the attitude to keep going, don't give up, and after applying twice, & possibly having to apply a third time, trust me I know the feeling.
This is an awesome outlook! This is my second year applying, as well. It is definitely not easy but I know it will be worth it. When did you interview at West Coast?

This is an awesome outlook! This is my second year applying, as well. It is definitely not easy but I know it will be worth it. When did you interview at West Coast?

Thanks! It has not been easy and at my age I keep telling myself, I will get there. It is OK! I guess what gives me hope is an aide I worked with as a volunteer, he was in his early 40s going back to school after working in radio for 15 years. I thought it was crazy, but he said he gave it a go because he wanted to be in healthcare and physical therapy in particular after volunteering. I remember bringing up my age and he goes, I am going to CSULB this fall (2015) and I'm likely THEE oldest in my class, but hey! at least I never gave up making switch after all these years.

I interviewed March 7. When did you??

Thanks! It has not been easy and at my age I keep telling myself, I will get there. It is OK! I guess what gives me hope is an aide I worked with as a volunteer, he was in his early 40s going back to school after working in radio for 15 years. I thought it was crazy, but he said he gave it a go because he wanted to be in healthcare and physical therapy in particular after volunteering. I remember bringing up my age and he goes, I am going to CSULB this fall (2015) and I'm likely THEE oldest in my class, but hey! at least I never gave up making switch after all these years.

I interviewed March 7. When did you??
That is awesome! Age is nothing but a number :)
I interviewed on March 28th. Hopefully, they wont keep us waiting too much longer - they must know the wait is pure torture to us lol

I got an email stating that they would send out acceptances until they have 40 and then go about 75-80 total. So that would be 40 students and then 35 to 40 waitlist spots.

I got an email stating that they would send out acceptances until they have 40 and then go about 75-80 total. So that would be 40 students and then 35 to 40 waitlist spots.
Did you get an acceptance ? Why did they send you that?

Did h

did you interview very well. My overall is 3.37, pre req 3.6 and gre similar
They said I had a strong interview and gpa so I think those two together have a good weight.

Officially waitlisted as well. For the second year in a row.

I am also waitlisted for the second year in a row.

Do you guys know how many people they usually take from the waitlist? I'm pretty sure this is a fallback school for some of these students.

Not sure what everyone else's interview experience was like, but I had a very negative experience when I interviewed with them over Skype. For starters, I majored in biology with an emphasis in anatomy and physiology and it was clearly printed on my application (which my interviewer had a copy of right in front of her), but instead, she asked me why I took so many biology courses as a psychology major. I really wanted to end my interview right then and there. I should've, but instead, I let the interview go on. Later in the interview, I was telling her about what I learned through my experiences in college - including my extra-curricular activities and work experience, I even named a few of them as examples - she said, "oh! you were involved in that? I didn't see it on your application. When were you a part of that? *looks down at my application* oh! there it is!" This continued through the entirety of my interview process. Instead of selling myself and sharing about how my experiences up to that point has shaped me to becoming who I am today and why it led to toward becoming a PT, it was like I was reciting my application to her. I'm glad I wasn't accepted to that school and received offers from various other schools. Even if I was accepted, unless WCU was my only offer, I would have most likely turned it down.

^ I feel like WCU's interview methods is a little different than others. I attended an irl interview (which was groups of two candidates - kind of weird) and they told me they specifically didn't look at applications beforehand so that they can weigh the gpa/gre/interview separately (a few other places did this). They also interview waaaaay more I feel like, something like 6 per slot (vs 3-4 for the other places I applied). In the end, maybe WCU's interview game is a little weak - or maybe they want to give people who don't look good on paper a fighting shot.

Either way - I'm not joining for their admissions protocol, but their program. It's new (but started by people who've helped start other DPT programs), an institution that's been around for awhile, and the only one (that I saw) that doesn't do cadaver work (a minus to some, but I don't want more human dissection skills - i want to learn anatomy).

That said, there are some negative points. A number of people in previous years dropped out because of a single class. It's like 2 blocks from city college, so housing (and possibly late-night drunk kids) might be a challenge. They'll likely be super-diligent about their students so they can pass accreditation - but their NPTE rates are a mystery since they haven't graduated anyone.

Do you guys know how many people they usually take from the waitlist? I'm pretty sure this is a fallback school for some of these students.

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about emailing Mary and asking....

Just got an email this afternoon. I got in!