do you know if your program is US-IMG friendly? Have you had any IMGs interview this year?I'm a CA-2 at WPH. There have been some financial problems system wide, but the old administration has been dismissed and new leadership has been established. The new CEO is a physician and supposedly a big advocate of residency training programs.
Otherwise...here are some highlights
- Chairman/PD is a well known cardiac anesthesiologist
- the RRC visited last spring and the program has been accredited for another 5 or 7 years
- the program has been approved for an increase of residents from 24-33
- Great, benign environment for residents
- great caseload exposure
- schedule usually involves working ~60hrs/wk or less
- 4-5 calls per month (either 24 hr OB coverage as a CA-1 or 16hr OR coverage as a senior resident beginning at 3pm)
- ample opportunity for prestigous fellowships secondary to no. 1 above
- much more...
Overall, its not a well known program across the country, but it a fantastic program with a wonderful working environment, great training, and supercool residents.
Hope this helps...PM with specific questions