West Virginia University--School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golddagger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I want to apply to West Virginia University-School of Pharmacy. Has anyone applied before to this school or attended pharmacy school there?
How is the quality of education there? Is it good or bad?
I heard some people are saying negative things about the school like the area is bad a lot of drunk people and such things.

Does anyone recommend this school? I don't see a lot of review on this school.

Thanks to all replies!!

Members don't see this ad.

The quality of education is pretty good. I was very well prepared. In fact, I went right into a 50/50 clinical job right out of school and had the breadth of knowledge to hit the ground running. I don't particularly like school in general, so I hated the actual school part. But people who like school seemed to really love the place.

The town is freaking awesome. It has a party school reputation...which is quite warranted. While I hated pharmacy school...god damn do I love me some Morgantown. If I had to do it again, I'd definately go back. It was simultaneously the best and worst years of my life. If you want a quieter time, just live in the areas around the medical campus and there aren't crazy parties pretty much ever. But if you want to live a bit during your college years...good lord...there isn't a crazier place than High Street on a Friday night in the Fall.