West Virginian Economic Growth

Started by lord999
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

This **** is so overblown. Williamson is the "big city" of Mingo County. Everyone in 20 mile radius goes there for food shopping, Walmart, pharmacy, there's a gamestop there, etc. So while 2900 people live within the city limits of that town, that town serves tens of thousands of people that live in the hollers around it.

Also, I live outside of Philly. I make no money off of the Appalachian opiate trade.
 
This **** is so overblown. Williamson is the "big city" of Mingo County. Everyone in 20 mile radius goes there for food shopping, Walmart, pharmacy, there's a gamestop there, etc. So while 2900 people live within the city limits of that town, that town serves tens of thousands of people that live in the hollers around it.

Also, I live outside of Philly. I make no money off of the Appalachian opiate trade.

Just joshing you, and that's really helpful context. It's still kind of funny as it plays to the Appalachian Hillbilly stereotypes without context. And only if I could profit from it...If we got a penny for every tab of scheduled meds, we'd all be retired in two months.