Western/COMP 2007 Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's only 117 names on this list... isn't the COMP class over 200?

Emed at ucla, usc, suny upstate and downstate
various others at vanderbuilt, ohio u, and penn state:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
There's only 117 names on this list... isn't the COMP class over 200?

Yeah, this isn't an official one - it's strictly voluntary. Some people haven't responded or aren't willing to send the info. Gotta respect that.

I think COMP Class of 2007 has about 150 people. The increase in class size started with class of 2008.

I think this might be the first time that EM at UCLA-OliveView, and Surgery at Pitt took DOs. Way to go, COMP 2007.

Actually, I think it's the first time Cedars took a DO for IM, but I could be wrong about that.

I think COMP Class of 2007 has about 150 people. The increase in class size started with class of 2008.

I think this might be the first time that EM at UCLA-OliveView, and Surgery at Pitt took DOs. Way to go, COMP 2007.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the match list of University of Pitt General surgery does not include any DO. All those that have matched to their program for 2007 are shown with their pics and graduating school and there is no DO from COMP.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the match list of University of Pitt General surgery does not include any DO. All those that have matched to their program for 2007 are shown with their pics and graduating school and there is no DO from COMP.

There could be 3 explanations for this.
1.He matched intership and 2nd year surg, so not officially surg yet
2. He got a prelim surg spot at pitt, not usually part of the new team because they will be gone in a year.
3. Since it was an unoffical matchlist, someone lied, but doubt it.

There could be 3 explanations for this.
1.He matched intership and 2nd year surg, so not officially surg yet
2. He got a prelim surg spot at pitt, not usually part of the new team because they will be gone in a year.
3. Since it was an unoffical matchlist, someone lied, but doubt it.

Well, I can R/O #2 since the website also has the picture of their only prelim, who is FMG. #1 would be unlikely as GS, especially pitt, would not count an AOA internship as its first year of residency. He may have been able to approve his first year at pitt by the AOA as his one year internship, but his picture would still be posted with his team.

It could be gen surg at a non academic hospital affiliated with pitt and is under their umbrella, but not at the main campus. Kind of like UCSF and UCSF fresno