Western COMP vs Touro-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted880375

complete.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who has the cheapest tuition?
How do their match lists compare?
Ask in the school specific forums about rotation sites.
Napa Wine or Santa Barbara?
Which school is closer to home?
Both have similar tuition, their match lists seem similar also, and both are pretty far from home (need to take a flight). I have visited both areas and I probably would lean towards the Bay Area in terms of location though.
Is either school "ranked higher" than the other or are they similar from a reputation standpoint? How are both schools viewed from residency programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Both have similar tuition, their match lists seem similar also, and both are pretty far from home (need to take a flight). I have visited both areas and I probably would lean towards the Bay Area in terms of location though.
Is either school "ranked higher" than the other or are they similar from a reputation standpoint? How are both schools viewed from residency programs?
They're both good schools in my eyes.

Flip a coin if needed, and see if it passes the sleep test.

Reactions: 1 users
I might lean to Western, but not because Pomona is less sketchy than Vallejo (as a bay area native, Vallejo is kind of sketchy, but after interviewing at Pomona, I felt like the two were similar). I think Western is more established/respected, and clinical rotations is a big deal. Other questions to ask yourself are: graded vs p/f preclinical years, internal rankings or no, and in the end, if you’d rather live closer to Tahoe or San Diego, San Francisco vs LA, or Santa Cruz vs Santa Barbara.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I have researched, it sounds like Western probably has better clinical rotations than Touro. I think between the two I would probably swing towards Western

I believe that Western may have a slightly better reputation as well.

BTW Vallejo is the most outskirt part of the Bay, it is a bit sketchy in most of the city. but the positive is its really close to Napa valley

Reactions: 1 user