Western on HOLD applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delite310

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, this is my first post! :) I was wondering if anyone has had their application for Western placed on hold? I received a letter stating that my application was on hold and will not be reviewed until after March 1st. It says that I am still being considered and not denied...yet. I feel so discouraged, does anyone know what the deal is with that?

Members don't see this ad.

delite310 said:
hey guys, this is my first post! :) I was wondering if anyone has had their application for Western placed on hold? I received a letter stating that my application was on hold and will not be reviewed until after March 1st. It says that I am still being considered and not denied...yet. I feel so discouraged, does anyone know what the deal is with that?

when was your interview? Was it on Jan 17th?

i was not invited to interview :confused: . my application is just on hold until march 1st. they said im still being considered but unable to reach a decision whether to give me an interview or not

Members don't see this ad :)
delite310 said:
i was not invited to interview :confused: . my application is just on hold until march 1st. they said im still being considered but unable to reach a decision whether to give me an interview or not

Who did you talk to to get that information? I still have not heard anything from them.

TheChemist said:
Who did you talk to to get that information? I still have not heard anything from them.

They usually tell u via mail/or phone (if u called them).
Chances are kinda on the lower end. Western is on a rolling basis. And usually by March, more or less they would be done with their interviews. That means, most of the spots are already filled. Plus, people on the alternative list will probably have a slightly higher chance to get in.

Last year, I knew a few people who were on "Hold" (same situation as you). At the end, they didn't get an interview. But I know Western will update ur application if you have anything to add. Maybe see if they will allow u to send more letter of recs, or do a school tour. I remember one lady from the admissions told me they give favor to students who toured their campus (shows that you want to be there). Wish you luck. Hope you'll get in!

Did u apply to any other schools?

i got into Touro University awhile back and actually paid my deposit already. but i am interviewing for uop this friday so hopefully that goes well. thanks for the heads up.

you paid $2000 and are considering going to another school??

lol yes i paid $2000. I was accepted in November and had less than 2 weeks to decided whether to go to Touro or not. Considering I didn't know if I would be interviewed by other schools, I paid. My Science was 2.9, my math was 3.4, my major was 3.5, and my cum is 3.2.

I graduated from UC Irvine with a B.A. in Sociology

crazyrice610 said:
They usually tell u via mail/or phone (if u called them).
Chances are kinda on the lower end. Western is on a rolling basis. And usually by March, more or less they would be done with their interviews. That means, most of the spots are already filled. Plus, people on the alternative list will probably have a slightly higher chance to get in.

Last year, I knew a few people who were on "Hold" (same situation as you). At the end, they didn't get an interview. But I know Western will update ur application if you have anything to add. Maybe see if they will allow u to send more letter of recs, or do a school tour. I remember one lady from the admissions told me they give favor to students who toured their campus (shows that you want to be there). Wish you luck. Hope you'll get in!

Did u apply to any other schools?

This waiting thing is driving me crazy. :scared: so i was wondering is it a bad idea to call Western and ask about my status? wut do you guys think? is it appropriate to call or do i have to just wait?!?! i hate waiting.... heh

they can't tell you over the phone....or that was what i was told before when i applied to maryland. most likely, you have to sit and wait. make some paper cranes to pass time.