Western supplemental application "additional comments" section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruguox3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's an "additional comments" section for the Western app:

You may also use this as an opportunity to explain factors such as:
  • factors that may have had a negative effect on some aspect of your academic performance,
  • experience in dentistry,
  • extracurricular/volunteerism/community service, and
  • why you are applying to the Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine specifically.
How much detail do you guys add for experience in dentistry and EC's? Most of these are included in the primary app, so it wouldn't make sense to re-write them here, correct?

Members don't see this ad.

There's an "additional comments" section for the Western app:

You may also use this as an opportunity to explain factors such as:
  • factors that may have had a negative effect on some aspect of your academic performance,
  • experience in dentistry,
  • extracurricular/volunteerism/community service, and
  • why you are applying to the Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine specifically.
How much detail do you guys add for experience in dentistry and EC's? Most of these are included in the primary app, so it wouldn't make sense to re-write them here, correct?
Yeah so I only talked about things that they couldn't find on my application or things that I did not have enough space to detail well.

Yeah so I only talked about things that they couldn't find on my application or things that I did not have enough space to detail well.
Did you also write a blurb about "Why Western?" Or do you think they only expect it if you have some very compelling reason?

Did you also write a blurb about "Why Western?" Or do you think they only expect it if you have some very compelling reason?

I put in a paragraph about why Western. Nothing profound but I added some of my reasons.