WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancingvet_loading

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I wanted to start a thread for the 2027 applicants at WesternU. First time applicant for WesternU and my application has been officially sent to the committee for review. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am sending mine in next week! Good luck!!

Haha I was just asking the c/o 2026 forum if this thread had been made yet. I found my people! I was waitlisted this year so I’m hoping for better news for next cycle. Hoping to see familiar folks on the forum. Good luck everyone ☺️

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS applicant, just submitted everything! Good luck to everyone applying ❤️

First time applying , hopefully the last one ☺️ , just submitted my application today for Western.
from NY. Best of luck to all.

Hi everyone! I wanted to start a thread for the 2027 applicants at WesternU. First time applicant for WesternU and my application has been officially sent to the committee for review. Good luck to everyone!
Good luck! when did you submit your application? what is date line of the process?

Last edited:
Good luck! when did you submit your application? what is date line of the process?

I submitted late June/early July. I found out my application was in review early to mid August! No updates so far.

I submitted late June/early July. I found out my application was in review early to mid August! No updates so far.
Thank you for info. From previous cycle looks like interviewing started last days of October.

Hiii everybody! First time applicant, just submitted my application today. Good luck to you all :D

Hi! About to submit my app, but did you guys submit the Prerequisite Worksheet? If yes, where do we upload it, since I don't see anything on VMCAS? I reached out to my admissions counselor for one of my courses that wasn't listed in the database, but she never got back to me. :shrug:

D906F1E0-696A-4660-A5FC-D723639DC15E.jpeg

I suppose you mean the place where you select matching pre-reqs, if so on the bottom of the Prerequisites tab there is edit/add button, click and just add all your prerequisites, not like for other schools where you pick credits for each, it’s all goes to the same list. Hopefully I helped.
Thank you! I've added all of them there, but there's nothing else we have to do for them to count our pre-reqs right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I've added all of them there, but there's nothing else we have to do for them to count our pre-reqs right?
I don't believe so. I was weirded out with the set up for their pre-req list, I had my sister sit down with me and match the requirements with the classes I had listed to make sure everything was on there.

I didn’t, I suppose if they have any questions they will contact.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else get an email about missing reference letters? All 5 of mine were uploaded to VMCAS way before the deadline but they still show up as missing on my tracking page. I also had a prerequisite substitute that I'm trying to petition, which shows up as missing as well, even though I sent them the syllabus for the class a week ago. I've tried calling and emailing my assigned admissions counselor, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him at all. Are they just busy with all the applications this year? I'm getting pretty worried that the processing of my app will be delayed.

Did anyone else get an email about missing reference letters? All 5 of mine were uploaded to VMCAS way before the deadline but they still show up as missing on my tracking page. I also had a prerequisite substitute that I'm trying to petition, which shows up as missing as well, even though I sent them the syllabus for the class a week ago. I've tried calling and emailing my assigned admissions counselor, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him at all. Are they just busy with all the applications this year? I'm getting pretty worried that the processing of my app will be delayed.
I am having the exact same issue — I have 4 on VMCAS but it says I’m missing reference 3. I’ve emailed 2 separate times but gotten nothing, and I’m hoping it doesn’t mess with my chances

I am having the exact same issue — I have 4 on VMCAS but it says I’m missing reference 3. I’ve emailed 2 separate times but gotten nothing, and I’m hoping it doesn’t mess with my chances
I had the same issue, but yesterday it suddenly got corrected. I emailed, but didn't get a response. I think it's the system they use- I applied to Oregon who uses a similar application status checking website and they said there was a glitch they were working to correct with uploaded materials. I think as long as you uploaded them they'll be on your account eventually, but it definitely stressed me out.

Hi everyone! We’re we supposed to pay a supplemental fee or something of that sort? Thanks :)

I had the same issue, but yesterday it suddenly got corrected. I emailed, but didn't get a response. I think it's the system they use- I applied to Oregon who uses a similar application status checking website and they said there was a glitch they were working to correct with uploaded materials. I think as long as you uploaded them they'll be on your account eventually, but it definitely stressed me out.
I got a reply yesterday! They said it was system error that was causing the issue with the reference letters, and mine was just corrected today.

Hi all! I’m a first-year, (not at Western but I was accepted there!) just want to give you a timeline so you’re not stressing like I was last cycle! I submitted the last week of August, got an interview invite in late October/early November, and received my decision in early March. It’s just a waiting game from this point but you’re all already doing amazing making it this far!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Are interviews online or in person this year??

I don't believe so. I was weirded out with the set up for their pre-req list, I had my sister sit down with me and match the requirements with the classes I had listed to make sure everything was on there.
Hey guys I'm reading the thread and now I'm getting nervous about pre-requisites. In VMCAS I thought I didn't have the option to add pre-req classes for Western but it seems like some of you did? Did I miss something? You were able to list them in VMCAS in the supplemental section?

Was this within VMCAS or something separate? I am really worried now because I thought Western didn't have the option to add them within VMCAS and instead their admissions team checks the pre-reqs themselves?

Not sure if the admissions team will double check for pre-reqs, but there was a section to add in your pre-reqs. It was the same as other vet schools (if you applied to others) except Western doesn't separate them into categories. So basically it was just one big category in the pre-reqs where you just selected every single class that you intend to use as a pre-req. I would email Western and ask what your options are or if they plan on checking for the pre-reqs themselves anyways.

Not sure if the admissions team will double check for pre-reqs, but there was a section to add in your pre-reqs. It was the same as other vet schools (if you applied to others) except Western doesn't separate them into categories. So basically it was just one big category in the pre-reqs where you just selected every single class that you intend to use as a pre-req. I would email Western and ask what your options are or if they plan on checking for the pre-reqs themselves anyways.
Thank you. I will definitely call in the morning.

Not sure about western in particular but I’ve talked to a lot of schools and they all plan to double check prerequisites by looking at transcripts if something you’ve selected doesn’t work or if you didn’t select anything. I couldn’t select my study abroad classes as prerequisites even though I took them because my transcript was sent through WES and a lot of schools said it was fine and they’d double check anyway.

Did anyone else get the email about your application being sent to the admissions committee for review?

Did anyone else get the email about your application being sent to the admissions committee for review?
WesternU does admission reviews on a rolling basis, so essentially it's based on when you send in your application. They review all the applications but then when is dependent on when you sent it in if that makes sense. Just so we have a timeline to go off of, when did you submit your app for Western?

Hey everyone! I just spoke with my admission’s counselor and he said that the admissions committee should start reviewing applications early next week and will begin sending out interview invites once the dates are confirmed!

Reactions: 3 users
WesternU does admission reviews on a rolling basis, so essentially it's based on when you send in your application. They review all the applications but then when is dependent on when you sent it in if that makes sense. Just so we have a timeline to go off of, when did you submit your app for Western?
I submitted my VMCAS app on 9-8 verified 9-12 and completed the additional forms on 9-15

I submitted my VMCAS app on 9-8 verified 9-12 and completed the additional forms on 9-15
Thanks for the info! It seems like the timeline might be going faster than last year's then! Last year I submitted pretty close to the deadline but didn't get a notification about my application being reviewed until a couple of months later. A lot of us also thought that they were short-staffed last year though since there was frequent shuffling of admissions counselors, so it's good to hear that they're (hopefully) having a much easier time this year!

• Care
Just got an interview invitation a few minutes ago! Online and they have a lot of dates available. Hope you guys did too!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for the info! It seems like the timeline might be going faster than last year's then! Last year I submitted pretty close to the deadline but didn't get a notification about my application being reviewed until a couple of months later. A lot of us also thought that they were short-staffed last year though since there was frequent shuffling of admissions counselors, so it's good to hear that they're (hopefully) having a much easier time this year!
Someone I know at western said they are short-staffed again this year, so we might be waiting again like last year 😱 let’s hope this is our year!

• Hmm
Just got an interview invitation a few minutes ago! Online and they have a lot of dates available. Hope you guys did too!!!
Congratulations! May I ask, when did they send your application to the committee for review?
I had a really positive conversation with Ms. Rowan last week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Just trying to gauge where they are in the process.

Hey guys!!! I also was extended an invitation about 4 hours ago! I submitted my app around 9/13 and was told that it was being reviewed by the committee 10/12. Keeping my fingers crossed about this cycle!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone here too! :)

• Love
Congratulations! May I ask, when did they send your application to the committee for review?
I had a really positive conversation with Ms. Rowan last week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Just trying to gauge where they are in the process.
I want to say they sent it after the 9/15 deadline, I submitted around the start of September though! If I remember correctly! It sounds like yours will be soon!!!

Have any of you struggled with getting into contact with Western? I have emailed 4 different people 3 times each over the last 2 months with a very important question regarding my application and have received no responses whatsoever. ):

Have any of you struggled with getting into contact with Western? I have emailed 4 different people 3 times each over the last 2 months with a very important question regarding my application and have received no responses whatsoever.
Honestly no they’ve been pretty gosh darn good at getting back to me (this was before the app was due tho, so maybe they’re just so booked with reviewing applications). I highly recommend calling if you can if your situation is that dire. Leave a voicemail if no one picks up and they’re usually pretty good at getting back to people!! Best of luck friend :)

Have any of you struggled with getting into contact with Western? I have emailed 4 different people 3 times each over the last 2 months with a very important question regarding my application and have received no responses whatsoever. ):
I definitely had a hard time getting in touch with them. I sent many emails to several different counselors with no response. I even left voicemails. My advice, make an appointment online if you can and try calling the main admission office, not your counselor directly.

I definitely had a hard time getting in touch with them. I sent many emails to several different counselors with no response. I even left voicemails. My advice, make an appointment online if you can and try calling the main admission office, not your counselor directly.
I have too. I've emailed my counselor a few times, and I had scheduled an appointment before I applied and nobody had joined. I'm assuming they're just very busy

Seems like interview offers are not given in order of when an application is received. That was the case last year!

The anxious feeling of waiting for an interview invite or a rejection 😵‍💫

• Care
Second time applicant to Western CVM & third time overall applicant here. I have yet to hear anything from Western yet but fingers are crossed. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

• Care
Second time applicant to Western CVM & third time overall applicant here. I have yet to hear anything from Western yet but fingers are crossed. Good luck to everyone this cycle!
I am also a 3rd-time applicant! They only just started sending interview invites, so stay tuned, we’ll be next! I was waitlisted last cycle. Did you have an interview last year?

I am also a 3rd-time applicant! They only just started sending interview invites, so stay tuned, we’ll be next! I was waitlisted last cycle. Did you have an interview last year?
Sadly I was rejected outright last cycle. I am hoping that my additional grades from my Master's program and my new experiences working in emergency and exotic animal medicine will help me stand out this cycle!

• Care
Sadly I was rejected outright last cycle. I am hoping that my additional grades from my Master's program and my new experiences working in emergency and exotic animal medicine will help me stand out this cycle!
Do you mind sharing your stats from last cycle?

I have total faith in you this cycle!! That’s A LOT to bring to the table! 😄I am also taking masters electives/upper division courses to make me stand out. I had a lot of wildlife/exotic experience prior to applying but this cycle I have more small animal medicine experience (which I lacked severely). These classes will certainly help us when we are in actual vet school. Consider this a dress rehearsal to the big show.