You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants
Started by dancingvet_loading
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Roxxistevens
New Member
Hey everyone! I was on the waitlist for a while now, but just got officially accepted yesterday!
I was accepted to a few places and went with the cheapest option, but I know a few doctors who graduated from Western, and highly recommended the school, so I plan to look into it a bit more, and maybe decide to switch.
Is there a group chat? I want to start the process and see if I go with Western instead.
I was accepted to a few places and went with the cheapest option, but I know a few doctors who graduated from Western, and highly recommended the school, so I plan to look into it a bit more, and maybe decide to switch.
Is there a group chat? I want to start the process and see if I go with Western instead.
Ashley Uyehara
New Member
yeah i sent my transcripts over for the past two quarters but it hasnt been updated in my portal yet. i left a message for my counselor at western to see what was going on with that. i thought i was doing something wrongIs anyones official transcript sumbitted and received from WesternU in their portal, but graduation/degree and some courses still have an “awaiting” status? I tried contacting WesternU about it, but no answer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!
Just a reminder that the Big/Little SAVMA committee has created a FB page for you all to connect! Western U DVM || c/o 2027 | Facebook
Just a reminder that the Big/Little SAVMA committee has created a FB page for you all to connect! Western U DVM || c/o 2027 | Facebook
Same for me! Hopefully a sign of more spots they're sending out 🙂I just received another email to confirm my continued interest.
me too! it gave me a heart attackI just received another email to confirm my continued interest.
Ashley Uyehara
New Member
for anyone worried about their transcripts and their grades not being updated on the portal, they said if you're waitlisted it will remain pending until you get off the waitlist. i called today and thats what they told me. hope this helps and relieves some stress
Hello everyone! Been a while since I’ve been on this forum. Congratulations to all the newly accepted/waitlisted folks—you did it!! ☝🏻🎉 I was denied but recently got accepted into a veterinary masters program at Mizzou, so to those who are feeling down, just know that there are other ways you can show the adcom that you can do it and you WILL do it!
I’ll likely reapply to vet school the next cycle and the cycle after that! I’m happy to discuss my experience with the VMPH program as I carry on forward, so please feel free to DM me 😊
Question for the forum: did anyone have any Cs in any prerequisites for Western and were you still accepted? I have one C in the ORGO prereq 🥵 my guess is that if your prereq GPA hits the competitive number, you’re A OK. Just my thought though.
I’ll likely reapply to vet school the next cycle and the cycle after that! I’m happy to discuss my experience with the VMPH program as I carry on forward, so please feel free to DM me 😊
Question for the forum: did anyone have any Cs in any prerequisites for Western and were you still accepted? I have one C in the ORGO prereq 🥵 my guess is that if your prereq GPA hits the competitive number, you’re A OK. Just my thought though.
Last edited:
Hello! third year here! I had around 3-4 C's ( vertebra biology, ochem, calculus, biophysics) as well as a 2 D's (calculus and Ochem: retook but did not replace my grades). When I was accepted I did not redo nor did I got for more schooling when I was first wait listed. Instead I actually focused more on my career that I already had in the industry. I focused a lot on my own personal growth and during my second interview I talked a lot about my experiences I had since my last application. They really just look for you to be well rounded, typically people say once you make it to the interview they will weigh how you did heavily to see if you woud fit with the class they are forming as well as what your end goals are to keep the class diverse (GP vs exotic vs large animal etc.).Hello everyone! Been a while since I’ve been on this forum. Congratulations to all the newly accepted/waitlisted folks—you did it!! ☝🏻🎉 I was denied but recently got accepted into a veterinary masters program at Mizzou, so to those who are feeling down, just know that there are other ways you can show the adcom that you can do it and you WILL do it!
I’ll likely reapply to vet school the next cycle and the cycle after that! I’m happy to discuss my experience with the VMPH program as I carry on forward, so please feel free to DM me 😊
Question for the forum: did anyone have any Cs in any prerequisites for Western and were you still accepted? I have one C in the ORGO prereq 🥵 my guess is that if your prereq GPA hits the competitive number, you’re A OK. Just my thought though.
Pleased to meet you! That is quite an inspirational story, thank you for taking the time to explain your situation and what you did to prove that you are most than just grades! I’m glad they were able to see beyond the few grades you mentioned 💪🏻Hello! third year here! I had around 3-4 C's ( vertebra biology, ochem, calculus, biophysics) as well as a 2 D's (calculus and Ochem: retook but did not replace my grades). When I was accepted I did not redo nor did I got for more schooling when I was first wait listed. Instead I actually focused more on my career that I already had in the industry. I focused a lot on my own personal growth and during my second interview I talked a lot about my experiences I had since my last application. They really just look for you to be well rounded, typically people say once you make it to the interview they will weigh how you did heavily to see if you woud fit with the class they are forming as well as what your end goals are to keep the class diverse (GP vs exotic vs large animal etc.).
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
Anyone elses advisors dont email back? Its been 5 days since i sent an email and no reply 😢
I’ve emailed Jeanna Arnold in the past for questions and she has replied to me:Anyone elses advisors dont email back? Its been 5 days since i sent an email and no reply 😢
[email protected]
I hope this helps you 🤓
Congratulations on getting into the masters program at Mizzou. My daughter declined her seat at Western, and will be attending Mizzou Vet School in Aug. If you do well in your grad program, there’s a great Chance of you being admitted into Mizzou Vet Program in the future. You made a smart choice.Hello everyone! Been a while since I’ve been on this forum. Congratulations to all the newly accepted/waitlisted folks—you did it!! ☝🏻🎉 I was denied but recently got accepted into a veterinary masters program at Mizzou, so to those who are feeling down, just know that there are other ways you can show the adcom that you can do it and you WILL do it!
I’ll likely reapply to vet school the next cycle and the cycle after that! I’m happy to discuss my experience with the VMPH program as I carry on forward, so please feel free to DM me 😊
Question for the forum: did anyone have any Cs in any prerequisites for Western and were you still accepted? I have one C in the ORGO prereq 🥵 my guess is that if your prereq GPA hits the competitive number, you’re A OK. Just my thought though.
I JUST GOT OFF THE WAITLIST RN!!! <33333333
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey y'all !
is there a group chat or facebook I can join for admitted students? I cant find the link here!
is there a group chat or facebook I can join for admitted students? I cant find the link here!
Hello! Their is a page on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/groups/westernudvm2027/?ref=share&mibextid=SDPelYhey y'all !
is there a group chat or facebook I can join for admitted students? I cant find the link here!
We are asking for your school email as have the group only for admitted students due to the information we are sharing on the page. It also allows us to added you to our big/little matching process!
okay that sounds good! i got the offer yesterday, so i will join once i get my ID and such! thanks for updating me<3!Hello! Their is a page on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/groups/westernudvm2027/?ref=share&mibextid=SDPelY
We are asking for your school email as have the group only for admitted students due to the information we are sharing on the page. It also allows us to added you to our big/little matching process!
Thank you so much for the support and best of luck to your daughter! ❤️Congratulations on getting into the masters program at Mizzou. My daughter declined her seat at Western, and will be attending Mizzou Vet School in Aug. If you do well in your grad program, there’s a great Chance of you being admitted into Mizzou Vet Program in the future. You made a smart choice.
does anyone have any knowledge of the DVM/MPH degree? I wonder when you started it or if you have any tips for doing the combined degree. Or should I talk to a counselor haha!
While I am not a student of the MPH program I highly recommend sending an email to Dr. Helen Engelke! She is in charge of it and will host meetings regarding the program. You can find her email via Outlook 🙂does anyone have any knowledge of the DVM/MPH degree? I wonder when you started it or if you have any tips for doing the combined degree. Or should I talk to a counselor haha!
you are so amazing!! Thank you for your help!! <3While I am not a student of the MPH program I highly recommend sending an email to Dr. Helen Engelke! She is in charge of it and will host meetings regarding the program. You can find her email via Outlook 🙂
Does anyone know if the waitlist is done moving ?
please correct me @Tinka-tin if I am wrong but I think there are 112 students so far.Does anyone know if the waitlist is done moving ?
Well I do believe all positions have been filled, there is still a possibility of people getting in a couple days before orientation. It did happen last year and it has happened in previous years, but it's usually like one or two people.please correct me @Tinka-tin if I am wrong but I think there are 112 students so far.
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
Hi everyone, is there a new page for next cycles applicants yet?