WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone still waiting on an interview? this waiting game is brutal as December is approaching 😢

My app was finally sent to the committee for review in mid-October. Had to physically show up at WesternU to clarify a prerequisite- communication over several emails and three phone conversations wasn't delivering my message. I'm just glad it's all good now!

Good luck to everybody! Hoping to be classmates with yall in 2023!!
 
I have sent so many emails and also left voicemails trying to get a pre-requisite cleared up on my application but have heard basically dead silence from admissions and my counselor. Does anyone know any way to get through to Western? This has been a months long ordeal of 0 communication.
 
Is anyone still waiting on an interview? this waiting game is brutal as December is approaching 😢

My app was finally sent to the committee for review in mid-October. Had to physically show up at WesternU to clarify a prerequisite- communication over several emails and three phone conversations wasn't delivering my message. I'm just glad it's all good now!

Good luck to everybody! Hoping to be classmates with yall in 2023!!
How can I see if my application was sent to committee review? Did you ask them directly or is this something that I should be able to see on my portal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have sent so many emails and also left voicemails trying to get a pre-requisite cleared up on my application but have heard basically dead silence from admissions and my counselor. Does anyone know any way to get through to Western? This has been a months long ordeal of 0 communication.
What worked for me was that I looked through my undergrad course catalog online and found this detailed description that explains my Ochem course came with a lab section. I went to their student center with all the documentation and met with my advisor. She took care of it in less than 15 minutes. But email and phone calls did not help move my app forward at all.

I would recommend calling Admissions: 909-469-5335 (this is the phone number from WesternU directory, I could be wrong) and explaining your situation with the documentation ready to be sent since your counselor is unresponsive. I hope you find someone who can help you.
 
I mean, I got an email from WesternU yesterday about touring their campus on 12/10, but with regards to the entire application cycle, it's really anytime. They typically send out interview invites up until Feb/Mar, and send out all rejections, acceptances, and waitlists in March. This is also assuming that we're following the schedule from last cycle.
 
Does anyone know if I have a prerequisite pending if this contributes significantly to the choice to extend an interview or not?
 
Does anyone know if I have a prerequisite pending if this contributes significantly to the choice to extend an interview or not?
Personally it didn't seem like it affected me. I have genetics, physiology, ochem with lab, biochem, phys 2 with lab, and life science prereqs in progress and I got one. I think it also depends on when you sent your app as well- don't lose hope! Like lis1127 said they send out invites till Feb/March too
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was sent my application status update on November 7th - denied. I'm assuming if you haven't heard yet, you're probably still in the running. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all 🤞
Was your cumulative GPA below 2.75? When I was autorejected like that it was because of the gpa cut off.
 
To anyone who interviewed already- how early before hand did you log in? Also, I know its a silly question but what did you have in the background? Debating where to do it lol.
 
To anyone who interviewed already- how early before hand did you log in? Also, I know its a silly question but what did you have in the background? Debating where to do it lol.
I logged in about 15 mins early, but they actually didn't start until like 10 minutes after the scheduled time- kinda nerve wracking lol. My background was just a plain wall!
 
To anyone who interviewed already- how early before hand did you log in? Also, I know its a silly question but what did you have in the background? Debating where to do it lol.
I logged in about 5 minutes early, but it does take some time. They’re very patient and understanding in that technology does lag and really do try to wait for everyone until the last minute. The background I had was just a plain wall in the bedroom. You can also use the blur feature on Zoom if that makes it easier, that’s what my boyfriend does in his work meetings and it looks pretty good too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have Jaziel Camacho as their admissions counselor? I have emailed them multiple times and haven't heard anything back so was wondering if anyone else has emailed them and heard back.
 
I logged on 10 mins beforehand. They have a counter and when it goes up, they’ll automatically open up a zoom invite or something. I just had my regular background on. I have a map on the wall and my snake tank in the back loll
 
I was on about 5 min beforehand, but like other people said they don’t even have the link go live until your scheduled time. I don’t have anywhere else in my apartment that has a blank wall or somewhere I could take my computer (it’s a desktop so I couldn’t easily move it anyway) so I had a sort of busy background where my window and Christmas tree were visible 🤦🏼‍♀️ but one of my interviewers complimented me on it, and didn’t seem bothered at all! So they didn’t seem super strict about it.