WesternU/COMP class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
•••quote:•••Too many negative vibes here about Western like someone here says...there are always two sides to a coin. I agree with Arnold (sup Arnold...you suprised?) that it's what YOU make out of it. For those who complain; don't blame the school for your failures. Ask yourself...are these the attitudes you want to have when you become a physican? Don't blame the institutions for failures. I believe that if you study hard that you will succeed ••••HoneyHunter Thanks for the right attitude. However, you cannot deny that all those negativity about Western did have an impact on some applicants though. I think that WesternU students should not wash their dirty laundry in the public. If they should continue their counterproductive behavior, it would reach the PDs, and they themselve would be impacted when comes to residency matching time.

Good luck. Congrat to have been accepted by such a GREAT!!! med school as WesternU.

Members don't see this ad.

GoForIt: I totally agree with you. Thank you for your comments...

I can't wait to start school and start studying and start stressing. =P I've been waiting to go to Medical school as long as I can remember.

Yeah, Western is a great school. I have a friend in each of the 2005 class and 2004 class. Can't wait to meet my 2006 classmates also. =)

Are there any current 3rd or 4th years on here who can tell me about WU/COMP's rotations?

I received the info page when I interviewed regarding the rotations, but I was curious to know how open they are to students setting up their own rotations in distant locations (for example and MGH or Johns Hopkins, etc.). I saw that WU/COMP does have them listed on the Rotations/Preceptor list but it seems like no one really uses them (or hasnt filled out an evaluation).

I suppose I'm just trying to guage where the majority of 3rd and 4th years do their rotations and if the administration is open to students doing away rotations....

Careofme

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Class of 2006,

I am an MSI (soon to be MSII) and wanted to let you guys know about the SAPP program this summer. You should've gotten something in the mail about it a few weeks ago. It's different from ISAC.

It's a Summer Anatomy Prep Program run by Dr. Jonathan Leo and TA's. I took it last summer and it was the best thing I did in preparation for anatomy. Although some of you may have taken anatomy in undergrad, med school anatomy is very different. Dr. Leo lectures on important clinical points that will be covered throughout Gross Anatomy (and on the boards). It's also a chance to meet some of your future fellow classmates!

Dr. Leo is by far the BEST PROFESSOR here and if you have the chance to listen to him, I highly suggest it. Ask any MSI or MSII. I know alot of you really want to relax the summer before your first year, but I talked to so many MSI's (post anatomy) who had wished they had taken SAPP. Yeah, it is 3 weeks of anatomy, but I'm telling you, it's so worth it!

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to reply. I think I am going to be one of the TA's for SAPP this summer.

FYI-The dates for SAPP are July 1st - July 24th (or 25th). I think we start classes August 13th (MSI's start the Thurs before for orientation) so you'll still have time to relax before classes begin.
:clap:

Just wanted to let you know that some of the ISAC facilitators/members from this past summer will be making phone calls to students (I don't know how many will get called because there might not be enough manpower.. this is purely informational I think) next week to give them more information about ISAC. I don't know the specifics, but hey.. it'd give a chance for a few of us to answer your questions in case you get a call tonight.

**Update: Sorry that I preliminarily stated that they'd be calling tonight. For whatever reason, they cancelled calling folks this afternoon at the last minute in order to switch it to a different date/time NEXT week where more ISAC folks would be available to help out calling. Sorry if this caused any inconveniences.

Hi guys...anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted off of the waiting list? Any advice or insights would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Ok.. I talked to Dr. Younoszai today and it seems like he has about 30 students for perhaps 40 spots in ISAC, so I think the point of calling around was to get a few more people to sign up. They'll probably call around for interested applicants next week around either noonish or 5pm Pacific Time (this is just a guess.. nothing is definite and it depends on how many people they get to call to and who they will end up calling). I actually had to bring up calling around 5pm since I know some of you will still be at work during lunch time.

It sounds like he sees quite a few capable applicants who have already signed up for ISAC.. people with previous anatomy experience and decent numbers which is a good thing because the more of you guys that can make facilitator, the better for you and for your future class! Just remember that you don't have to have previous anatomy experience to do well in this class, but it is grueling to say the least.

I wanted to make a slight correction regarding if you receive between a 70-79 during the ISAC course and decide to just retake the lab portion of the course rather than the entire course (both written and lab). Instead of the new lab practical grades replacing the summer practical grades, the new lab grades will count as 25% of your grade... so basically what I am saying is that they don't completely replace your old lab grades as I previous thought, but they can help raise your overall grade a couple of points if you do a good job. (It will be difficult to get an A although feasible.. but you can get a pretty good B out of it I think with hard work)

melancholy
When ISAC was first introduced, it was considered a honor course. What I mean is that a grade of A=5 points, and B=4 points. Hence, if anyone attends ISAC and does will definitely improve his/her chance for a higher rank.

Is ISAC still a honor course?

Hey everyone at WU/COMP, I was also recently put on the alternate status list just like dcw65. I was wondering if anyone new about the likelihood of me getting admitted off of the alternate list. Any advice or knowledge about the waiting list will be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by Careofme:
"Are there any current 3rd or 4th years on here who can tell me about WU/COMP's rotations? "

I am currently a 2nd year student at COMP and I can tell you what I know about rotations. During your 4th year you can go pretty much anywhere you want to, USC, UCLA, Mayo Clinic, UCSF, Hopkins, etc. Most hospitals will not take 3rd year students from outside programs. For our 3rd year, we were able to choose 6 month blocks from several hospitals that are affiliated with COMP. For example, most of my rotations are at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton. I am also rotating at Riverside County, Kaiser Baldwin Park, Corona, Canyon Ridge (Psyche), OMM with a private physician, and the good old Western University Clinic to get my feet wet. Other hospitals for 3rd year include: Chino Valley, Downey, Pacific Long Beach, Citrus Valley, Western Med Santa Ana, Eastmoreland in Portland,Rancho Los Amigos,Childrens-Orange, Whittier Hospital, Doctors Hospital in Montclair, City of Hope, a great hospital in Las Vegas and SunCoast in Florida. Other hospitals and clinics are being added all of the time. Most of the 3rd year rotations are well established and the preceptors are familiar with COMP students. I have had a fair amount of clinical exposure, and I am pretty comfortable doing H&P's at this point. However, I would not feel comfortable doing a 3rd year rotation at a hospital such as Johns Hopkins, until my 4th year. Hopefully by the time I reach the 4th year, I will have my clinical skills mastered so that I can compete in any program. I hope I have helped you!

GoForIt- I don't think ISAC is an honor course in that sense anymore. It's actually considered taking THE gross anatomy first semester course in a span of six weeks (minus the head and neck portion).

Now, if you get a B or above, you become a facilitator to help TA your classmates in the fall semester. It involves doing small group discussions, tutoring, presentations, and doing some extra dissection, but you are exempt from the fall gross anatomy exams and you get a ton of bonus points for it.

Getting a C would give you the option of taking just the lab portion of the course over in the fall. Your old grades from the summer would stay but the new lab practical grades would be added to your own grades, becoming 25% of them.

Getting below a C would require you to take the course again during the fall, but that's not too bad since you already have taken the course once!

-By the way, did anyone happen to go to the OMAC conference we had on Saturday? I remember there was one person from up north (Sacramento) that was supposedly coming down..

To answer questions about the wait list: Don't dispair! I know that people that were added in the week before school started. There were about 5-8 people that added in the afternoon of the first day of school. I don't know how many people are on the wait list, but there is movement. I think that you can call and check your status, I just wouldn't call too much. Good luck!

Histrionic-

Thanks for your help. So, let's say, for example, that I wanted to do a rotation at UPenn or Mass General in my fourth year, what would be my challenge in attaining this? As I understand it, most require an application. Do the "rotation coordinators" look at USMLE Step 1/COMLEX Step 1 scores and GPA, etc. or is a pretty much open door policy? I have no idea...

Also, do you know if many of last year's class go their first or second choices for residency match?

Sorry for all the questions but I havent been able to find answers to this anywhere....

Thanks!

Careofme

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all the incoming! :clap:

I just wanted to put in a little promotion for SAPP (Summer Anatomy Preparatory Program). If you are interested in doing ISAC, but are worried about taking the full course over the summer, consider the SAPP program. It is NOT GRADED and entirely INFORMATIVE. I am currently a 1st year who took SAPP last summer and did pretty well in Gross Anatomy due mostly to SAPP. If you put in some effort, you end up learning over half the information you will be learning AGAIN in Gross Anatomy throughout the school year... and the best way to learn Anatomy is through repetition. so it's a great way to get a head start! you also end up knowing most of Gross Anatomy, BEFORE YOU TAKE THE CLASS FOR A GRADE! This is a HUGE advantage since you will have had the information given to you before hand in SAPP, can get a better grade in Anatomy, have more time throughout the semester to focus on other courses that you may be weaker on, and have more free time to putter around!

SAPP really is a great program, and I can't emphasize enough what an impact it made in my Gross Anatomy grade (I had no previous background in Anatomy). If anyone is interested in knowing more, feel free to email me at [email protected].

See you guys next semester!

Stella :D

OH! One more thing... everyone who took SAPP passed Gross Anatomy! :clap:

--Stella

Care,
Most programs are very willing to accept 4th year students. Unfortunately, each program is different. I have not spent that much time researching all of the programs that I am interested in, but some do require applications, board scores and transcripts etc. I recommend calling or e-mailing the specific programs directors. Most of them that I have contacted have been very helpful. Many of the websites also describe the requirements. As far as how many students made it into first choice residencies, I could not tell you. There used to be an updated, unofficial match list at <a href="http://www.do2004.com" target="_blank">http://www.do2004.com</a> . We had students last year match at Johns Hopkins, UCSF and other top residency programs. You can call the rotations office at COMP. Maybe they can give you more info. Good luck!

Hey All,
I guess its time to introduce myself as I too will be attending this fall. Consider this a rainy, cloudy, and grey hello from Portland, Oregon. Am looking forward to sunny Southern Cal. :cool:

Histrionic -

The website isnt there anymore... :(

Dr. Clink - Welcome! :)

Careofme

•••quote:•••Originally posted by melancholy:
•Ok.. I talked to Dr. Younoszai today and it seems like he has about 30 students for perhaps 40 spots in ISAC, so I think the point of calling around was to get a few more people to sign up. They'll probably call around for interested applicants next week around either noonish or 5pm Pacific Time (this is just a guess.. nothing is definite and it depends on how many people they get to call to and who they will end up calling). I actually had to bring up calling around 5pm since I know some of you will still be at work during lunch time.•••••Hey Melancholy :

I just e-mailed you @ [email protected]. This is what's in your SDN profile. Is this address still good?

Hey you guys...CONGRATS on gettin in! One bit of advice...ENJOY THIS SUMMER :D :clap:

Care...how did NOVA go? Just curious what you thought of it and if you decided where to go yet. Let me know if you need any more info...

See you peeps in August :D

Hey COMP Bound-
I emailed you back tonight. The [email protected] e-mail just forwards to my hotmail e-mail account so I check that at least once or twice a day. Hope everything works out for you. I understand what it feels like to wait on something like a decision to see whether or not you'll be moving early.. I'm sure it will work out in the end though!

Hey Halcyon,

NOVA is scheduled for May 10th - my birthday coincidentally - It is sorta late if you ask me but I thought I would take a look at it anyway.

Slowly I've been collecting the information that I sought and it looks good for WU/COMP (i.e. rotations and residencies).

I'll keep you updated...

Care

Hi Care,
Here is the unofficial 2001 match:
WesternU/COMP Match Results 2001

Anesthesiology:

PCOM/Frankford Hospital
Longhorne, PA

Henry Ford Hospital
Detroit, MI

Wilford Hall/USAFMC
Lackland, TX

University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital
Miami, FL

University of Connecticut Medical Center
Connecticut, CT

UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

UC Irvine Medical Center
Irvine, CA

Yale University Medical Center
New Haven, CT

Family Medicine:

Eastmoreland Hospital
Portland, OR (2)

Loma Linda University Medical Center
Loma Linda, CA

University of Missouri Medical Center
MO

UC Davis Medical Center
Sacramento, CA (2)

KCOM/The Medical Center
Columbus, GA

Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Long Beach, CA (3)

USC County Hospital
Los Angeles, CA (3)

WesternU/COMP Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Colton, CA (2)

WesternU/COMP Downey Regional Medical Center
Downey, CA (3) COMB/FP

UC San Francisco/Fresno Medical Center
Fresno, CA

Presbyterian Inter. Hospital
Whittier, CA

Travis Air Force Base/Davis Grant Medical Center
Granite Bay, CA (2)

MU South Carolina
SC

Phoenix Baptist Hospital
Phoenix, CA

MSUCOM/Community Health Center
Coldwater, MI

UNSM/DFCM Washoe Medical Center
Reno, NV

Martin Luther King/Drew Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA

Pacific Hospital-Long Beach
Long Beach, CA (2)

Riverside County Regional Medical Center
Riverside, CA (2)

Glendale Adventist Medical Center
Glendale, CA

Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Washington D.C. Family Medicine & Psychiatry

UCNCMC
Greenley, CO Family Medicine/Rural Medicine

UNECOM Medical Center
Portland, ME

KCOM/Lincoln Health Network
Phoenix, AZ

Methodist Hospital of Sacramento
Sacramento, CA

Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital
Camp Pendleton, CA

Emergency Medicine:

Texas A&M University/Scott and White Medical Center
TX

Medical College of Ohio/St. Vincent's Mercy Medical Center Toledo, OH

MSUCOM/Ingram Regional Medical Center
East Lansing, MI

Bi-County/Henry Ford Medical Center
Warren, MI

Botsford General Hospital
Farmington Hills, MI (2)

Pennsylvania State University/York Hospital
PA

PCOM/Philadelphia Consortium
Philadelphia, CA

Long Beach, CA

Internal Medicine:

Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center
Santa Clara, CA

UCSF/St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco, CA

Alameda County Highland General
Oakland, CA (2)

Medical College of Wisconsin Hospital
Milwaukee, CA

Wright State University/Wright-Patterson Medical Center
OH

The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Cleveland, OH

NYCOM/St. Barnabas Hospital
Bronx, NY COMB/IM

Loma Linda, CA (3)

Huntington Memorial Hospital
Pasadena, CA

YUSPH/Griffin Hospital
Durby, CT IM/PM/PH

UCLA/Wadsworth Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration Hospital
Los Angeles, CA

MetroHealth Center
Cleveland, OH

Long Beach, CA

UCLA/St. Mary Medical Center
Long Beach, CA

Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center/Lackland Air Force Base
San Antonio, TX

Johns Hopkins University Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Garden City Hospital
Garden City, MI (2)

UCLA Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA

University of Texas/Houston Medical Center
Houston, TX

Neurology:

Northwestern University/McGaw Medical Center
Chicago, IL

University of Arizona/Tucson Medical Center
Tucson, AZ

St. Louis University Hospital
St. Louis, MO

OB/GYN:

Medical College of Georgia
GA

UC Davis Medical Center
Sacramento, CA

Kaiser Permanente, Sunset
Los Angeles, CA

Cook County Hospital
Chicago, IL

UMDNJ/Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center
NJ

Colton, CA

Pathology:

USC County Hospital
Los Angeles, CA

Pediatrics:

Loma Linda, CA

UC San Francisco/Fresno Valley Children's Hospital Fresno, CA

USC County Hospital
Los Angeles, CA

University of Nevada Medical Center
Las Vegas, NV

USC/Children's Hospital of Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA

Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital/Cleveland Clinic Foundation Cleveland, OH

UMDNJ/Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center
NJ

Texas A&M University/Driscoll Children's Hospital TX Pediatrics/Neomatology

Henry Ford Hospital
Warren, MI COMB/Pediatrics

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation:

UT/SVMC Medical College of Ohio
Toledo, OH (2)

Psychiatry:

Loma Linda, CA (3)

Tripler Army Medical Center
Honolulu, HI

Martin Luther King/Drew University Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA

Radiology:

Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital
Pontiac, MI

Garden City Hospital
Garden City, NY COMB/Diagnostic Radiology

Mount Sinai Medical Center
Miami, FL Diagnostic

USC County Hospital
Los Angeles, CA Diagnostic

Farmington Hills, MI Diagnostic

Oklahoma University Medical Center/Children's Hospital/Veteran's Hospital Oklahoma City, OK Diagnostic

Surgery:

University of Colorado Medical Center
Denver, CO General

Tripler Army Medical Center
Honolulu, HI General

Los Angeles, CA General

Los Angeles, CA Categorical

Traditional Rotating Internship:

Colton, CA (9)

MSUCOM Consortium/Henry Ford-Riverside Hospital
Detroit, MI Internship/Family Practice

Midwestern University/CCOM/AZCOM Consortium-Mesa Hospital
Mesa, AZ (2)

WesternU/COMP Downey Regional Medical Center
Downey, CA (3)

Long Beach, CA (3)

Mount Clemens General Hospital
Mount Clemens, MI (2)

Genesys Health Systems
Grand Blanc, MI

Farmington Hills, MI

UNECOM/Mercy Hospital
Biddeford, Me

I think its an impressive match list. What I keep wondering/asking for though is how many of these matches were 1st or 2nd choices??

Thanks for the post!!

Careofme

Careofme,

I am a MSIV at WesternU. I know that many in my class matched into their first choice. I got my first choice in OB/GYN.

COMP MATCH RESULTS FOR 2002 can be seen at:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/doctaz2002/" target="_blank">www.geocities.com/doctaz2002/</a>

As for me, I'm glad I was able to get out of that hell hole, that is.... if you are a weak student always fighting to keep your head above the water.

I know that the Top ranked students didn't think the school was too bad since they are good at teaching themselves. The Basic Science Staff Sucks. You won't get spoon feed during your clinical years either, but if you are self motivated, you can go anywhere.

I got my 3rd choice in Anesthesiology.

HONEYHUNTER is talkin a lot of HEAD!!! You haven't been in the FOXHOLE yet and you still pop off. I'm get my DO degree from COMP in 4 weeks. I just might hang it behind my Toilet. You guys are going to get reamed up the ass!!! But if you can suck it up, you can still go to some OK programs. The school diverts all our funds into the physical Plant i.e. the Vet school and screws you when it comes to teaching staff. I had to teach myself everything!!!! I'm also afraid that some of my graduating classmates are total DIPSH@@@!!! Haven't even mastered that basics because they need people to teach them (passively). You need to be an active learner at COMP.

Hey Care...

Goodluck at NOVA...let me know what u decided on. Everyone else...see ya soon...

:D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by drfeelgood:
•HONEYHUNTER is talkin a lot of HEAD!!! You haven't been in the FOXHOLE yet and you still pop off. I'm get my DO degree from COMP in 4 weeks. I just might hang it behind my Toilet. You guys are going to get reamed up the ass!!! But if you can suck it up, you can still go to some OK programs. The school diverts all our funds into the physical Plant i.e. the Vet school and screws you when it comes to teaching staff. I had to teach myself everything!!!! I'm also afraid that some of my graduating classmates are total DIPSH@@@!!! Haven't even mastered that basics because they need people to teach them (passively). You need to be an active learner at COMP.•••••drfeelgood - ??? UH... and your point is ???
I really think that you will make a good doctor...seriously. Complain complain complain. I guess you don't really have friends there or else you won't say that about your classmates. Your an active learner? Fine...I am too and??? So you expect the school to spoon feed you? I don't think so. Hello...this is medical school...not elementary!!! If you don't like COMP so much then why did you stick with it? Anyways, your right about me not being in the 'foxhole' yet but I can't wait to experience it :D :D :D :D :D . :cool: peace...

GoodLuck HoneyHunter....

Hope you feel the same way a year from now

I'm outa here...

drfeelgood - Good luck and congratulations to you too. You can come back in about 1 year or 2 year and I'll give you my experience here. For the time being...I'm really excited to go to this medical school. Sorry about saying all those harsh things to you. Hope one day we will be working side by side when I graduate and become a surgeon (crossing fingers). :D

As another graduating 4th year student, let me disagree with my associate. As I've been out on rotations I have felt that the education I recieved at COMP is as good, if not better, than any education out there. I have rotated with students from USC, LLU, UCLA, UCI, and I have been able to hold my own just fine. It is true that many of the basic science profs are pretty crappy, but I have always felt that many of the subjects, like pharm, micro, anatomy are really self taught anyway. You could have the best lecturer in the world and you still have to stick your nose in the book and learn it. As far as clinical rotations go, we have a great advantage being from COMP because we are allowed great latitude in terms of selecting our rotations. Many other schools allow only 1 or 2 out-rotations, but we can essentially schedule our whole 4th year anywhere we want to. This is a big help when application time comes around.

Lastly, to all of the incoming students let me say congratulations. The best advice I can give is to study anatomy every night, don't buy textbooks when board review books will suffice, and try to have a good time, because it only gets harder.

PS: what's up KP? you are being pretty hard on the newbies...give them a chance to get bitter themselves. We all know they will!!!!

DO2be2002: who are you? I tried to figure it out by your email address but it doesn't match up with any on my lists.

Osteodoc,

I really like COMP a lot. My only concern is the residency/match results. There appear to be few surgery matches at larger university hospitals than I would expect or like. Can you or anyone comment on this?

Thanks,

Careofme

Brian,
I was in your anatomy group (for the majority of time anyway :) ).

Careofme,
I think that there is only one general surgery match for our class this year because there is only one person that wanted to do a general surgery residency. Surgery is not as competitive as it once was, and not as many people are entering the field. Who knows what it will be like in four years when you are applying (also,as a DO EVERY residency becomes competitive for the most part). I know that you are concerned about residency and this is a legitimate concern. My advice is to do well in the first three years of med school, do a research project that can be presented/published (this gives you something to talk about during residency interviews), do well on the boards (USMLE), do SUB-I's at places you want to do your residency and get great letters of rec.

I also know that you are concerned about being able to do away rotations at university affiliated hospitals. I personally did Sub-I's at Harbor UCLA, UCLA and UCI, and I know that a lot of people in my class did the same. I only had to complete an application and pay the appropriate fee. It was not hard to get them approved.

Another one of your concerns was regarding the majority of west coast matches in my class. I really can't definitively comment on this, but I think that many people in my class have families on the west coast and want to stay close to them during residency. I applied only to west coast states for this reason.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions. Choosing a medical school is a big decision, and I wish you luck.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by DO2be2002:
•Brian,
I was in your anatomy group (for the majority of time anyway :) ).
•••••Enough said! Congrats on UCI.

Careofme:

As far as gen surg, residency matches in general are down 30% over the last nine years. It appears that students just not interested in gen surg the way they used to be. Factors include the length of residency, reimbursement issues, long work hours, desire for more family time, etc. There was an interesting article in AMNews a few weeks ago: <a href="http://www.ama-assn.org/sci-pubs/amnews/pick_02/prsc0408.htm" target="_blank">http://www.ama-assn.org/sci-pubs/amnews/pick_02/prsc0408.htm</a>

In terms of west coast vs east coast matches, I agree with the last poster that our students tend to be from the west coast, particularly California, and thus choose to do residency close to home. I don't think it is a reflection of any difficulty in getting into east coast residencies

YO what's up LOVELESS!!!!

Sorry about the bitterness, I got too much RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!

COMP ain't so bad!!!!

lates... KP

I think I was pissed off earlier cuz i ran out of Vit. H. (HALDOL 10mg po BID) ....LOL

Wow, great advice from our upperclassmen. Hey careofme, you should relax man, there are 176 of us in the class and some of us have masters degree. Humility and patience are the key to success (as have been stated by the upperclassmens). Why are you a "maybe"? Just curious? I would go nowhere else. And I'm greatful for the opportunity. go COMP! :clap: :clap:

Hey.. nice to hear from the older folks who have been through the trials and apparently survived. :p How far ahead of time did you have to contact those rotation sites at the UC's around here to reserve a spot.. sometime early 3rd year?

For the incoming class, someone was passing around this link for a relatively cheap Dell laptop that might be interesting to look at. I haven't looked at it myself, but if you need somewhere to start looking, maybe keep this in mind..

<a href="http://www.dell.com/us/en/bsd/offers/specials_3x_inspn_8200_hpconfigs2.htm?DGVCode=BA" target="_blank">Dell Laptop</a>

Just trying to get through Musculoskeletal and finish this baby off!

Cado,

Thank you soooo much for your opinions. What does having a Master's Degree have to do with anything?

I am a "maybe" because I am unsure.

Anything positive going on out there? People want to hear.. you guys getting ready for the summer?

Hey Class of 2006,

This quote was taken from our osteopathic oath:
To my college I will be loyal and strive always for its best interests and for the interests of the students who will come after me.

Specifically pertaining to the last part of the statement, I highly suggest you reconsider attending COMP. Just check out the post about COMP needs to change. Someone has finally shed a little bit of light on what COMP is really like.
Please don't bash, I'm just looking out for all of you. If you have the option to attend another school, it's definitely better than COMP. If you don't take our word (the Class of 2005), then so be it. It's just a friendly gesture to you all.

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=002549" target="_blank">http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=002549</a>

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=002061" target="_blank">http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=002061</a>

Hi!
I got a question about health insurance.
From what I know, the health insurance provided by the school is not very good. So, I"m thinking about getting it from other sources. Any recommendation? Thanks.
Also, can anyone make a recommendation about the type of laptop computer to buy. I'm not too good with the computer stuffs. Thanks.

Anniejojo

Hi everyone, congrats on getting in! I'm an MS III now. I need to sub-lease my apartment for about 3 months, June-Sept. This would be a great deal for an ISAC student or someone will be in the area during the summer. The apartment is a 2 minute walk to school. It's highly convenient and fairly priced. The neighboorhod isn't the greatest but complex is clean and there is gated parking. I've never had a problem with neighboors or locals. The apartment complex is actually for senior housing so there aren't many families and loud little tikes running around. If you are interested then email me, [email protected]

Hey there peops, just wondering what everyone is up to???

Hope ya'll have a great summer and I'm excited to meet ya'll in august!!!

If anyone is looking for furniture, please check out this post :)
<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000379" target="_blank">For Sale</a>

Hey.. how are you folks doing? Any of you COMP 2006 folks that will be in town earlier in the summer time.. let me know in case you need any help on local things or school-related topics... and esp. if you're doing any of the summer anatomy programs. Even if you just want to get together for a chat or something we can organize something like that. I recall one of you were collecting e-mails for a get-together sometime.. that would be awesome. I'll be around most of the summer...

Hey guys! I'll be there this August, and I was curious if anybody was planning on buying a place, like a condo or something. I know this would be for people who have been working for a year or two. I mean if you can buy a place and have a mortage cheaper or the same as rent would be, why not. We wouldn't be throwing our money away for four years. If anybody is out there let me know. Can't wait to meet all you guys!

hi all,

just curious, what do you do at COMP for lunch? i can't believe there's no cafeteria for so many students! just a little thing, thanks.

JJ