• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

L

luckyely91

Hello! I have been fortunate enough to have been accepted to both ATSU SOMA and COMP-Northwest, both really good schools. I have seen other posts about these two schools, but some ended up getting off topic and didn't address some questions that I have. Please let me know your thoughts!

I would have to move either way (from Nevada), my s/o is moving with me and is looking for a job wherever I go. I love the 1+3 curriculum at ATSU-SOMA, but I don't like the fact that I won't be with many of my classmates after the first year because I think social support and networking are important. I love Oregon and COMP-Northwest, but it's a little bit more pricey and I could not find information about how students have done on either the COMPLEX or USMLE. Thank you!

reiny16

Jun 2, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I interviewed at both and personally I don't think you can go wrong with either. For me I took ATSU out of consideration because I interviewed and got in now later in the cycle and I was worried I wouldn't get my ideal CHC rotation, which would be a bummer for your second year. Western U students do well on COMLEX especially step 2 apparently. Don't know about USMLE. Location-wise, both in more rural locations. More old people in Mesa ;) but living-wise comparable you just have to decide if you want lush green or desert brown. I feel the main draw for COMP-NW is its good reputation along the west coast, which is a pretty DO friendly region.

Reactions: 1 user
L

luckyely91

I interviewed at both and personally I don't think you can go wrong with either. For me I took ATSU out of consideration because I interviewed and got in now later in the cycle and I was worried I wouldn't get my ideal CHC rotation, which would be a bummer for your second year. Western U students do well on COMLEX especially step 2 apparently. Don't know about USMLE. Location-wise, both in more rural locations. More old people in Mesa ;) but living-wise comparable you just have to decide if you want lush green or desert brown. I feel the main draw for COMP-NW is its good reputation along the west coast, which is a pretty DO friendly region.

Thank you so much for your response! They are both very good schools, and I'm happy to be accepted at both. I recently saw that COMP-NW had students with a higher passing rate in most, if not all, of the COMLEX areas, which is really important to me. Also, I love the family-atmosphere that the school partakes in.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.