WesternU MSMS Fall 2011/2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shffl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is applying :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I just turned in all my application last week.

I just looked at my application yesterday - it states "complete - ready to process".

I hope they call me soon so I can start requesting a personal at work.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've sent all the material in, just waiting for them to receive my transcripts. I wonder how many people will apply to this new program?

This will be the program's second cohort. Hopefully all goes well for all of us.

I applied here and just realized my last prereq which I will be taking Spring qrtr ends in June and they want everything done by mid-May :(

I'm in the middle of applying to this program too. Just need MCAT scores. Was wondering though, is there some type of "linkage" with this program, like if you do well you get an auto-interview?

I'm in the middle of applying to this program too. Just need MCAT scores. Was wondering though, is there some type of "linkage" with this program, like if you do well you get an auto-interview?

If you look at last cycle's thread for the program, DbDan got in with the linkage with no gap year. So, I'm assuming based on your stats/interview you would find out if you got the linkage or not. It would nice to hear from some students who are in the program now. It's expensive but if you get the linkage it's definitely worth it IMO.

If you look at last cycle's thread for the program, DbDan got in with the linkage with no gap year. So, I'm assuming based on your stats/interview you would find out if you got the linkage or not. It would nice to hear from some students who are in the program now. It's expensive but if you get the linkage it's definitely worth it IMO.

Couldn't agree more with the bold. If by some chance I get into this program, I'd probably drop all plans for applications this cycle and just focus on doing well. Btw Mzeep, are you still in the UCLA extension?

Couldn't agree more with the bold. If by some chance I get into this program, I'd probably drop all plans for applications this cycle and just focus on doing well. Btw Mzeep, are you still in the UCLA extension?

Oh definitely! I would do the same if I got in.

Not at the moment since I couldn't get into Cell bio (for the 2nd time!) but I'll be taking my last qrtr of ochem during spring, totally sucks because it makes me ineligible for Western. ugh. What abt you?

Anyone hear any news from the MSMS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Turned in my application early December and still haven't received an interview call. I believe interviews are to begin sometime in February. Anybody get a call yet? :xf:

I turned in my Application first week of January - and its complete - but have not heard anything back from Jodi. The last time I was in communication with her was almost three weeks ago.

But anyways, February seems to be the favorable month to have interviews - just a thought.

Hm. February's around the corner, and still no requests for an interview.

Ya, still haven't heard anything either =/ But I was told they were hoping to start interviews in February by Jodi.

Is anyone having trouble viewing their application status? I get a page error when I try to open it up.

I was about to check my status after I read your post but the page doesn't load and says "404 error" is that what you meant?

Yes, that's the error message I get. Maybe it's just today. Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow.

Hope so! It would be awesome if there were some status updates as well! :)

Is this program mainly for those students wanting to go to an osteopathic school?

I applied last year, but didn't in. My GRE score was to low. I'm thinking of applying again this year, but I need to take the GRE and do better. From what I remember it took a long time to even get my application completed. From transcripts missing and finally gettting them. I had to call a couple of schools to re-send. Some schools charged me again and other didn't. I want to apply, but it depends on my GRE score. I would like to go to medical school.

No, it's not just for osteopathic physicians. Some of the students accepted last year were pre-pharmacy, pre-dental, and pre-optometry students. But there are a total of 10 spots avaliable for linkage to the DO program. I was waitlisted last year so hopefully I get an interview this year and make it :xf:

Did you get an interview last year?

So I called their office this morning and they said we should expect to hear something from them late-Feb to March. This wasn't from Jodi though it was from a counselor in the office. :xf:

Anyone have any idea what kind of stats you need for the linkage? I wonder if it will be a little lower for linkage to the dental school...

I just got my app in this week, hopefully its not too late.

Does anyone know of my chances if I apply late March? I am not scheduled to take my DAT until March 15. I know it's rolling admissions so is it hopeless to still apply so late?

Does everyone's application status say "complete ready to process?"

Mine actually says Incomplete-Items Outstanding because I'm missing a transcript. Have you heard anything yet?

@Chance- I would still submit it. I don't know anything about the DAT but I would submit the app now and then update with the score as soon as you get it. :luck:

Mine actually says Incomplete-Items Outstanding because I'm missing a transcript. Have you heard anything yet?

@Chance- I would still submit it. I don't know anything about the DAT but I would submit the app now and then update with the score as soon as you get it. :luck:

How long ago did you submit the online application along with the pre req worksheet and payment?

Also, do you guys have an easy time getting a hold of someone there? Every time I call no one seems to answer the phone and they don't respond to messages.

How long ago did you submit the online application along with the pre req worksheet and payment?

Also, do you guys have an easy time getting a hold of someone there? Every time I call no one seems to answer the phone and they don't respond to messages.

I actually applied at the end of Oct. but I took a class last Fall that I had to update them with, but it apparently never got there so I had to resend it.

I called around 8am since I figured they wouldn't have as many calls coming in then. You could also email Jodi the program director. I emailed her last week and she got back to me the next day.

my online application states "Complete Ready to process --"

I thought I had everything complete - but they are missing my LOR from my science professor. The admissions office gave me two weeks to turn one in within two weeks or I become eligible to the program. I made sure my science professor sent the letter in november 2010 - but i guess she never did send it - and now she is being unresponsive.

Sounds quite strange to me since the due date of all application is April 1, 2011. But anyways, I got one in.

Backups are always nice!

my online application states "Complete Ready to process --"

I thought I had everything complete - but they are missing my LOR from my science professor. The admissions office gave me two weeks to turn one in within two weeks or I become eligible to the program. I made sure my science professor sent the letter in november 2010 - but i guess she never did send it - and now she is being unresponsive.

Sounds quite strange to me since the due date of all application is April 1, 2011. But anyways, I got one in.

Backups are always nice!

Now I wish I rushed my transcripts because they never told me this when I called them. I wonder why they said two weeks when the deadline is a few months away.

@Mzeep I received an email from Julie Smith stating that i was missing the LOR from a science professor, and that I have two weeks to turn it in.

@Mzeep I received an email from Julie Smith stating that i was missing the LOR from a science professor, and that I have two weeks to turn it in.

Oh ok makes sense. I'm going to call again tomorrow to see if anything else is missing just to make sure lol. Thanks!

Does everyone's application status say "complete ready to process?"

Yes - and I did receive an email from Julie 8 days ago with the email attachment indicating that my file is ready for evaluation by the department and I should be either contacted by phone or snail mail regarding my status.

Good luck, everyone.

Does anyone know of my chances if I apply late March? I am not scheduled to take my DAT until March 15. I know it's rolling admissions so is it hopeless to still apply so late?

It might be late by the time yoru DAT scores arrive, since the deadline is April 1st. Perhaps tyou should contact Julie, at the Admissions Office to tell her of the situation.

Best,
Mick

Has anyone heard anything positive or negative about the program? I know they've only had one class so far, but maybe someone has an idea about the successful candidates getting into med or dental school. The curriculum seems pretty intense...I wonder how do-able a 4.0 is in the program.

Has anyone heard anything positive or negative about the program? I know they've only had one class so far, but maybe someone has an idea about the successful candidates getting into med or dental school. The curriculum seems pretty intense...I wonder how do-able a 4.0 is in the program.

It may be a bit to early to tell how successful these candidates are, since they are probably still in school. The program's a year long, and the first year began sometime mid-year last year.

It may be a bit to early to tell how successful these candidates are, since they are probably still in school. The program's a year long, and the first year began sometime mid-year last year.

Very good point! haha

I wish but nothing yet :( are you guys applying to any other programs??

No news yet. For me, no news in the mail is good news.

@Mzeep: I was looking into the post-bacc programs at the various UC, and also Duquesne with LECOM affiliation. I decided not to apply to any of them. How about you?

Was thinking about Touro NV and Touro CA. Nice thing about touro ca is that if you applied to the COM this yr the app for the masters is paid for so I thought I might as well. They also guanrantee an interview next yr at TUCOM if you maintain a 3.0 or above. Pretty good deal imo. Why did you decide not to apply to the others??

I wish Western would send some type of update I'm getting antsy waiting lol.

Did anyone call to make sure all their transcripts have been received along with letters of rec? My app says "complete ready to process" but there is no indication that these other things have been received along with my DAT score.

I think they would have emailed you if something was missing. I got an email a few days ago saying I needed one more transcript before my file could be sent to admissions. But my status was incomplete at the time and just recently changed to 'complete ready to process'. If it's bugging you I would just call the admission office and ask, the staff are really nice and helpful.

is it too late to apply to western?

Deadline is April 1st so you still have sometime. I would get it in asap.

hey has anyone received an interview invite yet? The first round are being invited this week.