WesternU MSMS Fall 2014/2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think there is one for the 2014 class. I can only find a general page for Western University MSMS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my acceptance earlier today as well!! Is there a Facebook group we can start? Or one that already exists?

There's a FB page for the 2014 class and the 2015 class. To join, I think you must have a valid westernu email account (but then again that may just be to join the general WesternU MSMS group)
 
I hope all is well. I was just wondering if you heard anything about future interviews. Is there still going to be an interview on March 22? I heard that there is an interview on March 15.


We just finished our micro final so I haven't been keeping up with anything as far as the program. If I hear anything, I will let you know... As far as I know, the final interview is on the 22nd...
 
We just finished our micro final so I haven't been keeping up with anything as far as the program. If I hear anything, I will let you know... As far as I know, the final interview is on the 22nd...


Thanks for the quick reply. I hope your micro final went well. Thanks and take care.
 
To bad we didn't get the chance to be classmates! PM me if you have any questions about the classwork. Have you started looking for a place to stay yet?

I knnooooow! I was looking forward to it so much! I hope this year's class is going to be just as wonderful. I've been looking around but I'm kind of not happy with the prices. I saw online that their building the Daumier campus apartments? I know they talk about the crime and stuff in Pomona in general. Any advice on the best place to stay? (that's reasonably priced)
 
I hope all is well. I was just wondering if you heard anything about future interviews. Is there still going to be an interview on March 22? I heard that there is an interview on March 15.

Have you been invited for any interviews yet? I think I got my invite a week or so before my interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope all is well. I was just wondering if you heard anything about future interviews. Is there still going to be an interview on March 22? I heard that there is an interview on March 15.

Yes there will be an interview on March 15th (I'll be there helping out so I'm pretty certain it is happening.) The next interview date is on April 12th - just got confirmation today from admission office.

Just talked to admission office again today - and they have moved the date for the next interview. They're not sure when exactly, but it should be around mid-April. There were 23 interviewees today so it's a safe bet it's gonna be around that number for the last interview date.

Congrats to all who got accepted! You guys should also create a class Dropbox/ Onedrive to share studying materials, my class has a bunch of stuffs we can share with you all as well.
 
Last edited:
Yes there will be an interview on March 15th (I'll be there helping out so I'm pretty certain it is happening.) The next interview date is on April 12th - just got confirmation today from admission office.

Just talked to admission office again today - and they have moved the date for the next interview. They're not sure when exactly, but it should be around mid-April. There were 23 interviewees today so it's a safe bet it's gonna be around that number for the last interview date.

Congrats to all who got accepted! You guys should also create a class Dropbox/ Onedrive to share studying materials, my class has a bunch of stuffs we can share with you all as well.


Hello! Thank you for the update. Out of curiosity were there a lot of pre dental at this past interview? Do you remember an approximate number? Thanks!
 
Yes there will be an interview on March 15th (I'll be there helping out so I'm pretty certain it is happening.) The next interview date is on April 12th - just got confirmation today from admission office.

Just talked to admission office again today - and they have moved the date for the next interview. They're not sure when exactly, but it should be around mid-April. There were 23 interviewees today so it's a safe bet it's gonna be around that number for the last interview date.

Congrats to all who got accepted! You guys should also create a class Dropbox/ Onedrive to share studying materials, my class has a bunch of stuffs we can share with you all as well.

Thanks for the info 😀


I received an interview invitation yesterday for April 14. Do you have any suggestions on how to prepare for the interview?
 
Last edited:
Congrats!! I'll see you then!

Regarding interview preparation, I would google common interview questions and have someone practice them with you for feedback. Go over your resume, transcripts, history and see if you can anticipate to defend any not-so-good moments that can be found in those paperwork. Practice goes a long way - but don't over do it to the point of recitation. This may sound silly but don't lie in the interview - just be yourself and try to be calm. Browse around the school website for inspirations/ fun facts.

Good luck!
 
e-mails were sent out today for acceptances from 3/15 interview! good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
The invites went out Tuesday. Interview is Monday the 14th.

I think I read the previous comment incorrectly. I thought it meant that there will be a interview on Tuesday. Sorry for the confusion. Congrats to everyone who received interviews and acceptances. See you on 4/14 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I read the previous comment incorrectly. I thought it meant that there will be a interview on Tuesday. Sorry for the confusion. Congrats to everyone who received interviews and acceptances. See you on 4/14 😀


Looking forward to it!! 🙂 Do you happen to know the start date for this year? And do you by chance know approximately how long they will take to notify of acceptances for this last interview?
 
Looking forward to it!! 🙂 Do you happen to know the start date for this year? And do you by chance know approximately how long they will take to notify of acceptances for this last interview?

Start date should be the sameas last year, which is June 1st (because you have 2 weeks head start to the med school). Acceptances are usually sent out two weeks after the interview. For people that are on "hold", if nothing has changed since last year, it can take up to the first day of class to be notified - usually by phone calls.