WesternU's laptop policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prsuser

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was recently accepted into the dental medicine program and had a question about laptop usage. Western's website says that macs are not supported...but when I interviewed I noticed that quite a few students had macs. Is anyone a mac user, and if so have they had any issues at WesternU? Also, I don't want to turn this thread into a mac vs. pc discussion, as I am a very satisfied mac owner. Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I was recently accepted into the dental medicine program and had a question about laptop usage. Western's website says that macs are not supported...but when I interviewed I noticed that quite a few students had macs. Is anyone a mac user, and if so have they had any issues at WesternU? Also, I don't want to turn this thread into a mac vs. pc discussion, as I am a very satisfied mac owner. Thanks! :D

Plenty of my classmates used macs. They are just not technically 'supported' by the school's tech support department. What that means in reality? Absolutely nothing.

Don't worry about it, you're fine with your mac.