What a day! This is interesting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calipaww

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys today was interesting . I talked to one school today as I am a reapplicant and asked about feedback. this school gave me the run around and was totally discouraging abuot my reapplication . I was pretty bummed. Then I decided to call another school asking about weather or not to reapply. I talked about my app. blah blah blah. In the end the guys was like yeah apply to our school and attach a not to your secondary saying that we had talked and that I (the adcom guy) granted you an interview. So I will .. i guess.. is he for real? your guyses thoughts ????????? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

go for it! Just type up a nice little memo or whatever. Worst that could happen is that they guy was jerking you around and the office staff will just laugh when they see the note.

What schools were being discouraging about re-applying? That's sad. But then again, if you are re-applying right after being rejected, you gotta ask if anything has significantly changed in your app. Have you now done a bunch of good reasearch? Do you have better LORs? Some really good volunteer experiences? Were your senior grades much better than previous grades? Better MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by calipaww
Okay guys today was interesting . I talked to one school today as I am a reapplicant and asked about feedback. this school gave me the run around and was totally discouraging abuot my reapplication . I was pretty bummed. Then I decided to call another school asking about weather or not to reapply. I talked about my app. blah blah blah. In the end the guys was like yeah apply to our school and attach a not to your secondary saying that we had talked and that I (the adcom guy) granted you an interview. So I will .. i guess.. is he for real? your guyses thoughts ????????? :eek:

When a door is closed a window is opened

congrats:clap:

true that!!!! nymc is the one that was so discouraging. (see... i was waitlisted there) and it didnt seem like my chances for interviewing again were all that good based upon what the woman was saying. The part that impressed me the least was that my brother is an alumni of NYMC and this same lady spoke to him last week and was overenthusiastic about counseling me , and how i should certainly re-apply. After talking to her, and how discouraging she was, i think she was just trying to butter up and not piss off an alum. thats just not cool!!but who knows maybe that other school will come through?

Fyi, I reapplied and got into NYMC after getting rejected the first time around. My verbal score on the MCAT was an 8, too. I'm not saying you shouldn't put any stock in what that lady was telling you, but I do think it's a bit odd that NYMC would tell you this unless you haven't made any significant improvements to your application.

Don't ask questions, just do it.

Congrats!
:)

Originally posted by exigente chica

When a door is closed a window is opened

congrats:clap:

yeah, just ask William Trask IV. LOL

It came through i got the invite last week. I am very impressed they kept their word!!!!!

Originally posted by calipaww
It came through i got the invite last week. I am very impressed they kept their word!!!!!

Nice! I'm glad he kept his word, although I've never heard of anything like that happening before. Congrats!

-RA

Congratulations and g'luck!

That is inspiring to see your dedication, congratulations. Hopefully I will be going thru the same process two years from now. First I got to pass organic:mad: