what a mess

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eugenierose

Princess Popsicle
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It hard to say, "this can or can't be done."

2 - 2.5 yrs of 4.0 GPA work would be great
You still need a great story that will get you in, personal statements, essays are huge
I would say 33+ MCAT is good (just thinking, oh I can do that easy is what I hear everyone say, but in the end 90% or so won't).

All these advisement situations are odd because each person is different. Just be willing to look at any approach, DO or MD, maybe even a PA. If you are willing to be flexible then you can certainly work in the health care field.

Like I said, the WHY is very important. Why you want to do this and how well you can communicate it, and how interesting your story is (PS). Who you are gets in you after stats.

First let me thank you for replying and not quoting my whole damn post because I seriously hate that. :hungover:

The story, though... "it's what feels right". It's what settles right on, without having to wriggle into it like a half-size too-small sweater like all the other things I could maybe possibly kinda see myself doing. It's the thing that's worth all the bull**** that comes along with any of the things I might be when I grow up. I don't know if I know how to tell that story. How does economic disadvantage/childhood work into the story? Does it? Do I say that fate brought me to $Hospital and &Office with #Doctor and it was like walking into the rest of my life?

Hello, melodrama. :smuggrin:

But seriously, I think if I can manage to figure out the story, it'll be well-written, since that's one of the things I'm good at.

MCAT is gonna suck. I'm guessing that VR and BS and W are going to be the easiest, but PS is going to kill me. Not that any of it will me a cake walk.

good luck. It is a long and tough road.