What about putting Dean's List as a post secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabbers22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone put being on the dean's list as a post-secondary experience? I want to, but I have been on the dean's list every semester except two.

So, if I put this under honors/awards...it will only let me enter one date. Should I describe in the paragraph about being on more semesters...or what? I would not like to put a separate dean's list for every semester!

Help!

Members don't see this ad.

This was discussed awhile back, and I think the concensus was (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) that being on the Dean's List probably isn't notable or significant enought to warrant space in the post-sec section. The schools will see your grades and will realize that you're a Dean's List student. Also, like you said, you've maid the list almost every semester. So have most pre-meds, so adding this to the app doesn't really set you apart. In fact, adcomms may see it as a waste of their time--especially if you mention it 6+ times.

I had listed being on the Dean's List on the post-sec experiences. After all, it is an honor/award/achievement. I know that ad coms can tell from your grades, but I think every college has different criteria for eligibility. So I listed it once (I was on it every semester), but in the space for descriptions I listed the semesters I was on it. I would suggest that you do the same instead of listing it so many times.

Members don't see this ad :)
I listed it once and briefly noted the number of times I have received the honors/award/or whatever you call it.

It's one of those things that can go either way depending on the person--if you have a lot of other perhaps more significant awards, I wouldn't include it. If you don't have any or many, go ahead and put it in, but just include it once and put in the dxn how many times you actually got it.