What am I asking my references to do for me?

Started by xx6xx12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xx6xx12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do my references only have to answer "PTCAS Questions for Evaluators"? Or am I asking the to write me a letter of recommendation as well as answer these questions. I'm confused.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's a bunch of rating questions on a 1-5 scale then a 4200 character space (less than a page) to write comments. So technically both.
 
I realize its electronic submission, but this sounds way different than requesting a letter of recommendation. This is just a reference survey type thing about us? that our reference fills out?

How should i explain to my references what's expected from them?
 
Last edited:
From what I understand, the references will out a survey and then can input a letter of recommendation.

What I am doing is asking my references to write me a letter of rec and then telling them about the PTCAS process with the survey and stuff. Once the letter is written, I send the email and have them fill out the survey. I also have then sign and seal a couple of hard copy letters for the non-PTCAS schools.
 
I had the same exact question when I was requesting references. PTCAS should make this more clear. I'll write them a letter. Probably won't. Peace.
 
To verify observation hours, do they just verify or is there a surprise survey/set of questions?