What am I doing wrong??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureSoBrightMaybe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What are your stats and ECs? Also what's your school list like?

Edit: wait what you're a HS senior who's applied twice? I'm so lost....

Last edited:
We'd need more information to be able to give you advice. Maybe the schools you chose had average GPAs/MCAT that weren't around your stats. Maybe you applied to research schools without much research, for example. Maybe you applied to public schools as an OOS applicant. Maybe you did 100 hours of everything and AdComms saw you as a "box checker". Maybe your essays weren't constructed very well. There are a ton of different reasons why.

Edit: your post history makes it appear you're a senior in HS... is this true? If so, then I'm not sure how many schools have a BS/MD program but I don't think it's that many.

Members don't see this ad :)
I ask myself that question every single day my friend. But echoing others, give us more information so we can help you out.

Im borrowing an account. I have a Lizzy M of 71 and lots of clinical/research activities. I applied to schools with stats around mine. My essays have been read by doctors who said they were great. Sent in new LORs

If you are looking for actual advice you need to be specific all you have said is generalities.

What is your GPA? What is your state of residency? What is your MCAT? Did you take it more than once? If so how many times and what were each of your scores? What are you counting as clinical experience? What have you done for volunteering? Was any of that volunteering with the underserved? How many hours of both? Have you shadowed? What type of physicians and for how long? What were your extracurricular? How many hours in each? Have you done research? If so how many hours? Do you have a publication? Have you presented at conferences? What is your exact school list? By when did you submit your secondary to each school? 18 schools is still on the lower end especially for a re-applicant. Did you apply DO?

Reactions: 1 user
If you are looking for actual advice you need to be specific all you have said is generalities.

What is your GPA? What is your state of residency? What is your MCAT? Did you take it more than once? If so how many times and what were each of your scores? What are you counting as clinical experience? What have you done for volunteering? Was any of that volunteering with the underserved? How many hours of both? Have you shadowed? What type of physicians and for how long? What were your extracurricular? How many hours in each? Have you done research? If so how many hours? Do you have a publication? Have you presented at conferences? What is your exact school list? By when did you submit your secondary to each school? 18 schools is still on the lower end especially for a re-applicant. Did you apply DO?

Agreed with all of this. There's so much that goes into admissions, so the more specific you are the better advice people can give you.

Reactions: 1 user
Forgot a few:

Are you a traditional applicant? Did you work throughout college? Are you taking a Gap year? What are you doing? Did you do a post-bacc? A Masters? Do you have any awards? What have been your leadership experiences? If so how many hours? What is your GPA Trend? Is it consistently going up or down or does it stay level?