What are best study materials for only 3 weeks for a retaker?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audra sharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to apply early this cycle and use my DAT from
Last year but I Just decided to retake. MY SGPA is 3.6 and OGPA is 3.69 BCP GPA 3.59, i have a masters in biology.
I studied destroyer, Crack dat pat, cliff and chad's videos. I submitted my application this year and schools have received my applications so im not worried about that. I need to study for about 3-4 weeks and retake the test. Does anyone know of a good schedule or right study material that can be useful for studying for 3 weeks only? I dont need to refresh info all i want to do is doing tests. i was thinking about going over destroyer a few times and qvault. From my experience i am sure math destroyer is perfect for my math section and destroyer was enough for g chem and ochem. Any advice would help me alot as to eliminate unnecessary study material and get to the point!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ok I took myy DAT last august and here are my scores:
AA 18
TS 19
OC 21
GC 17
BIO 18
QR 19
PAT 17
RC 16

Last year but I Just decided to retake. MY SGPA is 3.6 and OGPA is 3.69 BCP GPA 3.59, i have a masters in biology.
I studied destroyer, Crack dat pat, cliff and chad's videos. I submitted my application this year and schools have received my applications so im not worried about that. I need to study for about 3-4 weeks and retake the test. Does anyone know of a good schedule or right study material that can be useful for studying for 3 weeks only? I dont need to refresh info all i want to do is doing tests. i was thinking about going over destroyer a few times and qvault. From my experience i am sure math destroyer is perfect for my math section and destroyer was enough for g chem and ochem. Any advice would help me alot as to eliminate unnecessary study material and get to the point!

If all you want is to do tests then check out my breakdown i refreshed for a month and then did tests for the second month so you can just follow my second month if you are interested. I used datqvault, destroyer, CDP and topscore (my top choice)

Ok I took myy DAT last august and here are my scores:
AA 18
TS 19
OC 21
GC 17
BIO 18
QR 19
PAT 17
RC 16

Did you use destroyer and chad the first time you took the DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
If all you want is to do tests then check out my breakdown i refreshed for a month and then did tests for the second month so you can just follow my second month if you are interested. I used datqvault, destroyer, CDP and topscore (my top choice)

I ll check it out thank you

Did you use destroyer and chad the first time you took the DAT?

Yes i used the 2 months sample study schedule that is posted on SDN somewhere. I followed the same schedule but i went faster than schedule during the review. I went 3-4 times over destroyer and i never thought i could score 18-19 for the first time honestly. The actual test is easier and more basic. i think these study material are all some one would need for DAT. i just wanted to see if anything new has been out since last year that i am not aware of. But i think i will stay with destroyer for 3 weeks and q vault. But definitely destroyer is all you need for both chems and math. Trust me. But go over them a few times not just once.

Last edited:
If for your first attempt you studied ~2 months but didn't score high enough, why would you study significantly less nearly a year later? I mean, you've had to have forgotten at least a few details right? Did something catastrophic happen during the test that made you freeze up or something? If not, you might want to rethink your plan.

Yes i used the 2 months sample study schedule that is posted on SDN somewhere. I followed the same schedule but i went faster than schedule during the review. I went 3-4 times over destroyer and i never thought i could score 18-19 for the first time honestly. The actual test is easier and more basic. i think these study material are all some one would need for DAT. i just wanted to see if anything new has been out since last year that i am not aware of. But i think i will stay with destroyer for 3 weeks and q vault. But definitely destroyer is all you need for both chems and math. Trust me. But go over them a few times not just once.

How did you study for bio the first DAT? did you only study off cliff AP and destroyer? Also, was it very detailed? I am studying for AP cliff right now and the plants chapters go in to so much details.

If for your first attempt you studied ~2 months but didn't score high enough, why would you study significantly less nearly a year later? I mean, you've had to have forgotten at least a few details right? Did something catastrophic happen during the test that made you freeze up or something? If not, you might want to rethink your plan.
at that time I needed to review EVERYTHING because I had taken my science courses in 2008-2009 before my MS program so I needed to refresh my memory on chem and ochem stuff. that's why i had to study longer. I think If I had postponed my test for another week and if I had taken more full length tests during that week I would have done much better but I was just so tired that i wanted to get over with it. and I was stressed out but now that i have taken the test once, i know that it's not as hard and detailed as I thought so this time there will be no stress at least!
I just glanced through my notes ad tests and I noticed I remember almost everything and I can just refresh my memory while doing one round of test. for me studying by itself doesn't work I have to learn things in the form of question and answer. I took good notes from chad and cliff so I don't need to spend time watching them again or reading the books. So hopefully 3 weeks of doing tests would boost my scores to 20+ :)

Last edited:
How did you study for bio the first DAT? did you only study off cliff AP and destroyer? Also, was it very detailed? I am studying for AP cliff right now and the plants chapters go in to so much details.
yea I read cliff and took notes as i was reading it but i didn't really memorize things because for me that doesn't work. by the time i finish the last chapter i have forgotten teh first chapter! this is different from school tests. after that I started reading destroyer but just as a learning tool not test. I read each question and read the answers and tried to learn why each answer is right or why it's wrong. I looked at destroyer as a study tool as i said i didn't use it to time myself or anything like that. the answer to most of the questions is "all of the above" nothing like the actual test so that's why i am saying use it as a study tool, try to learn from it and forget about timing yourself. this will help you a lot more that just memorizing long pages of actual books like cliff! use qvault and top score for tests and timing yourself and go over destroyer 2-3 times until you know every detail. I am sure it will help you. when i look back I wouldn't have done anything different at that time except for doing 1 more week of studying and practicing more reading passages and not being stressed out. i was hoping to see some new stuff on SDN but as I read other people's study material i noticed there is nothing new since last year.

and no it wasn't too detailed. only a few developmental bio questions that needed a little bit of critical thinking and applying knowledge!

and no it wasn't too detailed. only a few developmental bio questions that needed a little bit of critical thinking and applying knowledge!

Hey I appreciate your responses. And yeah, I am NOT trying to memorize everything in this book and instead get as much as conceptual understanding as possible. I do memorize the obvious important stuff like products of photosynthesis, kreb cycle, etc but I think there are just too much of information :laugh:

Also, you have a master in bio correct? do you feel that taking those upper level science classes helped you at all? I took biochem and neurosci this semester and these two classes helped me a ton when I study cliff.

thanks.

Hey I appreciate your responses. And yeah, I am NOT trying to memorize everything in this book and instead get as much as conceptual understanding as possible. I do memorize the obvious important stuff like products of photosynthesis, kreb cycle, etc but I think there are just too much of information :laugh:

Also, you have a master in bio correct? do you feel that taking those upper level science classes helped you at all? I took biochem and neurosci this semester and these two classes helped me a ton when I study cliff.

thanks.
not really! graduate courses are different they are all about scientific writing and reading papers and and presenting your work. the only thing that helped my was being able to teach bio lab courses as a TA so i learned alot because i had to prepare for my classes and review things to be prepared for my classes.

not really! graduate courses are different they are all about scientific writing and reading papers and and presenting your work. the only thing that helped my was being able to teach bio lab courses as a TA so i learned alot because i had to prepare for my classes and review things to be prepared for my classes.

Thanks.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get an interview with your current DAT scores! (that MS in Bio is gonna help a ton!)