Medical What are Considered Significant Improvements for Reapplication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I need to reapply just yet, but I know it will be easier to make improvements now than later so I wanted to ask about this. I see many people mention retaking the MCAT but my MCAT score is probably the strong point of my application and I wouldn't be able to do better.

I am starting two new nonclinical volunteering positions which I think was the weakest point of my app. I'll also have a lot more clinical hours, but they would basically just be the projected hours I put on this application. I'll have a few more shadowing experiences as well, but shadowing wasn't a weakness of my application. Other changes would be my writing and my committee letter, which my school would update to highlight the improvements I've made. Are these considered significant improvements?

If nonclinical volunteering hours were a weak point, then getting a significant number of hours would be a significant improvement.

Getting clinical hours would also be a significant improvement as projected hours are not taken as seriously as actually completed hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.