What are my chances? 2018-19 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pt1819

Reaction score
Hi all! I was just hoping to get some input about my stats as the 18-19 PT application cycle is underway. I'm feeling a little nervous about getting accepted somewhere especially because of my pre GPAs and my lack of observation hours.

Major: Exercise & Sport Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.46
Pre-req GPA: 3.1? (still waiting on summer classes to finish and I will still have 2 pre-reqs in progress in the fall)
GRE Verbal: 154
GRE Quant: 149
Volunteer hours: Will have ~150 from 2 settings by the time I submit my application

I was able to graduate in just 3 years undergrad, my extracurriculars are pretty extensive, and I have research experience. 2/4 letters of recommendation will be great but the other two I'm not expecting to be anything stellar. I'm pretty decent at writing as well so I think my essays should be a strong point for me. If anyone else had similar stats as me and has any advice to offer that would be great! I will be applying to 9 programs as of right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I was just hoping to get some input about my stats as the 18-19 PT application cycle is underway. I'm feeling a little nervous about getting accepted somewhere especially because of my pre GPAs and my lack of observation hours.

Major: Exercise & Sport Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.46
Pre-req GPA: 3.1? (still waiting on summer classes to finish and I will still have 2 pre-reqs in progress in the fall)
GRE Verbal: 154
GRE Quant: 149
Volunteer hours: Will have ~150 from 2 settings by the time I submit my application

I was able to graduate in just 3 years undergrad, my extracurriculars are pretty extensive, and I have research experience. 2/4 letters of recommendation will be great but the other two I'm not expecting to be anything stellar. I'm pretty decent at writing as well so I think my essays should be a strong point for me. If anyone else had similar stats as me and has any advice to offer that would be great! I will be applying to 9 programs as of right now.
Is that your pre-req GPA or your science GPA? They are two different things.
I'd also advise that you only ask the 2 people for letter of recommendations that you are confident will write you the best letters of rec possible. You only need 3, not four, so the quality is much more important than the quantity of recommendations.

Is that your pre-req GPA or your science GPA? They are two different things.
I'd also advise that you only ask the 2 people for letter of recommendations that you are confident will write you the best letters of rec possible. You only need 3, not four, so the quality is much more important than the quantity of recommendations.

That is my pre-req GPA as of right now. I haven't calculated my science GPA yet (or does PTCAS do that for me?). Thanks for the advice about the LORs!

That is my pre-req GPA as of right now. I haven't calculated my science GPA yet (or does PTCAS do that for me?). Thanks for the advice about the LORs!

Yes PTCAS does but it will average the scores of all your retakes where as some schools will only count the highest grade you received. Most but not all schools calculate their own GPA's rather than use PTCAS.