DO What are my chances? 3.5 scGPA 3.55cGPA 28MCAT for DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspirantmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applying to PCOM/AZCOM/TouroNY/Western/NOVA/LECOM and a handful of others. I basically want to know how I stand up in those six mentioned and if I should retake the MCAT.

I am a non-trad (degree in business), with about two years of work experience. I have 200+ hours in a clinical setting, two months in a lab and a bunch of community service experience. I took the MCAT twice, got a 28 and then a 27 :(
Have good LOR's and my was told my PS is solid.

Any feedback would be great.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Chances might not be good at AZCOM and TouroNY, but I'd say you have an ok shot at the other schools. Only 6 Schools on your list and you might be gambling on whether or not you get accepted.

Don't retake the MCAT---you would have to score 32++ to actually help your application on the 3rd attempt. Did you do any shadowing?

Apply EARLY! Try to have your primary submitted this month. DO schools start interviewing very early, my school was nearly full before thanksgiving.

A few of those schools expect great stats. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you got an acceptance, but I honestly would apply to 12-15 with some safety nets thrown in there. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a fair amount of shadowing experience, 100+ hours with 5 different physicians.

Chances excellent.

Applying to PCOM/AZCOM/TouroNY/Western/NOVA/LECOM and a handful of others. I basically want to know how I stand up in those six mentioned and if I should retake the MCAT.

I am a non-trad (degree in business), with about two years of work experience. I have 200+ hours in a clinical setting, two months in a lab and a bunch of community service experience. I took the MCAT twice, got a 28 and then a 27 :(
Have good LOR's and my was told my PS is solid.

Any feedback would be great.
Thanks!

Don't retake the MCAT! A 28 is a fine score to get plenty of interviews. Best of luck!

Yes. I assuming that AZCOM won't be so snooty this year with MCAT scores.
What did their average MCAT scores look like last year? I'm seeing around 28 range everywhere.