What are my chances? 3.7/506

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a good shot at many DO schools for sure, only problem is you need a DO letter...... it won't look good applying to DO schools with a letter only from an MD. If you get a DO letter you will be in good shape for an acceptance.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
You are competitive for all DO schools. Apply to 15 that appeal to you and include TCOM and UIWSOM. You could also receive some interviews from your Texas MD schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if I should start a new thread for making my school list, but Ill just ask here for now. I want 15 Osteopathic Schools to apply to. So far I have this:

1.) TCOM
2.) UIWSOM
3.) ACOM
4.) Sam Houston State University in conroe, near houston TX (this is a new school osteopathic school opening for 2020)
5.)

Im not sure what other schools to add to my list. Im fine going anywhere but, I would prefer states that are close to Texas. Can yall help me with the rest of this list?

You can add these DO schools to your list:
BCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-SOMA
MU-COM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
RVU (both schools)
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas

You have a good shot at many DO schools for sure, only problem is you need a DO letter...... it won't look good applying to DO schools with a letter only from an MD. If you get a DO letter you will be in good shape for an acceptance.
This is NOT true. There are many schools where an MD LOR won't hurt. But having a DO LOR will always help.

OP, you're fine for any DO school, except maybe AZCOM.
I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me.

I guess I could have been more clear... sure not all DO schools require a DO letter, it will always help, as Goro said. If it is something that will always help you, then why not give yourself the best possible chance?

You should be fine without it since it is getting so close to the application cycle, besides, your stats are good enough that they should grant you interviews, like Goro said they aren't required. Also, don't get a letter from a family member, as far as I know that doesn't look good.

Best of luck with the cycle!!

What low tier MD schools should I potentially target? I'm applying to all Texas MD schools just because I am a Texas resident, but realistically, what out of state MD schools could I have a shot at?

Status
Not open for further replies.